cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Incompetence re BT Sport

DorsetDave
Hooked

PlusNet Incompetence re BT Sport

"I have been a plusnet customer for several years now for phone & broadband. On 16th December I arranged with them by phone to buy BT Sport for use through my sky box. Previously I had an app on my laptop. So instead of paying for the two I asked if they could close down my app and start the viewing on sky, at the same time. They said I couldnt do that. They told me I would get a link sent by email within 48 hours to activate on my sky box. So I arranged to close viewing on the app in 48 hours. Now a week has passed and I can't get BT Sport at all. I have spent hours on the phone speaking to reps, none of whom seemed to have a clue about what to do. They leave me on the line to try and get some advice but nothing happens. They dont seem trained to deal with the problem at all. For some reason they can't send me the email link I need. I get other emails from them though and have an open ticket - for what thats worth. I notice an article in the Telegraph to say PlusNet complaints have doubled recently. And they used to be top of the tree for customer service - goodness knows where they are now."

I have also sent a couple of messages on twitter to @plusnethelp - one yesterday and one today- no reply to date

Looks like i wont be able to get BT Sport over the festive season now.

4 REPLIES 4
DorsetDave
Hooked

Re: PlusNet Incompetence re BT Sport

Still no reply from Plusnet either by email or twitter. Shocking customer service. Why is nobody picking up my open ticket

197256112. Where do I go from here ? What's the betting I will still get charged for something I'm not getting !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @DorsetDave I'm sorry for the delay in providing you with BT Sport over Sky.

Unfortunately it's not as straightforward as simply sending you an email, the service needs to be configured on a backend system however it certainly shouldn't have taken as long or be as difficult as it is for you.

I'm taking ownership of this and I'm trying to find the right person with access to the relevant system who can sort this out for you. I'm hoping this to be before the end of the day but it may be next week.

I'll let you know as soon as I know more. I'll also message and tweet you back via Twitter although my responses there would likely be similar to what I've posted with here.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and the experience you've had.

[edit]

This should be sorted. Are you able to access your BT Sport channels on your SKY box now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DorsetDave
Hooked

I have now been contacted at last by Anoush on the twitter help. Anoush has activated the channels on Sky for BT Sport so hope all is well now. But I feel it needs to be investigated as I can't be the only one experincing these problems.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the post back @DorsetDave 

No problem I'm happy to see your channels are working now.

I do sincerely apologise for the time it's taken us to reach this stage. Unfortunately it was due to agent error raising the request an incorrect way which meant we didn't proactively activate this for you, so I've passed feedback on regarding this.

Although I appreciate we could've got back to your ticket replies sooner, we're working to bring down the time it takes for us to respond to a ticket, message, tweet and post to an acceptable level.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet