Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net - negative.service

andre88uk
Dabbler

Plus.net - negative.service

Well guys my first post on here.
I have signed up to plus.net in August time. My first bill was £70~ as i am a large mobile caller for business purposes.
When this bill arrived i called plus net to ask if they have a mobile bolt on. i made it clear i didnt mind paying a fixed amount for an amount of minutes.
I was categorically told "No we dont do that".
Next month bill come in at £75~. Again i phoned and said i need a mobile bolt on. i was told "Ok thats £9.99 a month for 1000 minutes". I then questioned why i was not given this option as my bill would have worked out at £35 this month instead.
After a large amount of phone calls to and fro along with emails and an email to the CEO the following resolution was made in november
From your next billing date your subscription will total £35.46 and will include the following;
Line rental
anytime mobile calls (01,02,03 0845/0870 anytime calls and 1000 mobile minutes to UK, USA and Canadian mobiles)
Extra broadband (60Gb)

Now imagine my surprise when yet again another balls up means my phone is restricted as i have gone £1.20 over my call limit. The reason 180~ mobile calls totalling 3.5 hours. When i mention the mobile addon which entitles me to 16.6667 hours of mobile calls so i am under 1/4 of this limit. Guess what. No mobile package has been added to my account.
This means when i call out this morning i get an automated voice which i think is some call centre phoning me offering me loan products "If you are having difficulty paying your bills or wish to talk to an advisor press 2".
I am currently still on the phone and have been for 26 minutes. I have currently spoken to Billing, Customer service, Sales (i dont know why he put me here) and now customer options..and now im on a "quick hold" ...
31 REPLIES 31
andre88uk
Dabbler

Re: Plus.net - negative.service

Ok after 33 minutes on the phone it is currently at "my managers are in a meeting and dont like being disturbed but i will speak to them when i come out".
I asked for a time scale and to be fair she said i cant give you an exact timescale but i will TRY to be within the hour. I will keep you all updated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

andre88uk,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with this. I can however see that a colleague of mine has picked this up and is doing their best to change the package over to talk mobile. I'm going to take a look myself to see if I can do that myself. I can also see that a refund has been arranged.
Just wanted to mention that I spotted an issue on your account with regards to your downstream, I've updated the connection profile which should hopefully lead to some improvement shortly.
I'll go and liaise with the person you spoke with and make sure they also get back to you as promised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

PS talk mobile is active on your account. I'm sorry this is far later than originally needed, I can see discounts have been applied to your subscription as a good will gesture in light of that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Adam,
Thanks for your replies. The credits you mention were actually due to the cock-ups over last months bills. The talk mobile plan was meant to be on my account from 13th December apparently. Also i was supposed to be upgraded to adsl2 by 22/12. Your colleague this morning confirmed neither had been done. (Great!)
You mention a refund but this is not the case as i am aware. yet again plusnet want me to pay over £70 to wait 10 working days (14 real human days) for a refund into my account. This is on the part of plus.net making a balls up and not on me so i have categorically refused to pay the amount and then be refunded later.
Can you please confirm the following:
1) the talk mobile package is now ACTUALLY active on my account (it was queued active earlier so nobody could actually activate it)
2) The mobile call charges have been ALL removed form my account prior to my billing date.
3) My BB is now on the ADSL2 network so i can actually get some kind of speed on this thing
4) This will not happen again (this is the 2nd time with 100% failure from plusnet to actually do what they say they will do .. they messed my first refund up then hummed and ahhed about re-issuing it)
5) I will be re-compensated for that fact my phone may now be unusable for up-to 72 hours through no fault of my own.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
A refund for your mobile calls will definitely be done, details of that can be seen on ticket 50784599.
1) the talk mobile package is now ACTUALLY active on my account (it was queued active earlier so nobody could actually activate it)

Yes, I can see that now and it is active.
) The mobile call charges have been ALL removed form my account prior to my billing date.

It's too soon to do that I'm afraid, which is why we're refunding you after the bill, the ticket I mentioned at the start of this post should have all the info you need about that.
3) My BB is now on the ADSL2 network so i can actually get some kind of speed on this thing

Yes, that's sorted as per my post made at 11:18.
4) This will not happen again (this is the 2nd time with 100% failure from plusnet to actually do what they say they will do .. they messed my first refund up then hummed and ahhed about re-issuing it)

I can see no reason at all why this would happen again.
5) I will be re-compensated for that fact my phone may now be unusable for up-to 72 hours through no fault of my own.

Your phone should be working fine, I'd certainly look at crediting you for loss of service if there was an issue but I don't see that there is one, do let me know if you think otherwise.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sounds like you will have to use the DD guaranty and get the money back the same day
andre88uk
Dabbler

The phone is still on route to credit control... im on the phone now actually but the lady cannot confirm that i am on ADLS2 (infact as per the same ticket she is asking me to run a speed test)
Current speeds at download 6.3mb max limit 21mb
Upload is a whooping 0.4mb
Also as mentioned i WILL NOT be paying you then accepting a refund if the case is i will not pay and raise with ofcom.
andre88uk
Dabbler

Also BB fault not resolved current line speed is 18mbps .. im getting 6.3mbps and was told by the "tech support" guy that "this may be max speed depending on your disctance from the exchange. I replied 400yards to which he replied  "as the crow flies" .. i would hope the phone lines follow a similar route and not go from Norwich to abergarvinie in wales before coming to my house.
Now another 72 hours to wait for BT openreach to investigate and they will get back to me ...
Also Adam whilst i was just on the phone the lady told me you said the phone issued should now be resolved. they aren't and outbound calls are still blocked.
Pierre i have already cancelled my DD with these guys as they have screwed me over in each of the months i have been with them.
Anybody know any decent BB suppliers?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Call barring is in the course of being removed and should be within the next 3 hours.
I'm sorry there's still an issue with your speeds I'm aware that you just called tech support and a fault ticket has been opened, we just need to see how that goes.
Pierre i have already cancelled my DD with these guys as they have screwed me over in each of the months i have been with them.

Just to warn you (in a friendly and completely non-threatening manner) that because of that you might hit problems again when the next billing date comes around in two days time.
I am sorry for the issues you've had and I would like to make sure we give you a good will gesture after for this after the speed fault has been resolved.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Issues would imply random and infrequent.. this is not an issue its a level of service. it is the norm since i have been with plus.net.
As i have already stated i will not be the bill and being refunded afterwards. I have to pay immediately so i would expect a refund in the same manner. If this was the first time i would be more inclined to do it but following the cock-ups last time i will not be prepared to do so.
Last time i was told the money would "go straight back on my card" what actually happened is the money was refunded to the previous used card (which had been stolen and cancelled) so the money just vanished, I was also then told it would take 10 days.
If there are any issues please let me know now and i will raise the formal ofcom complaint now to save me waiting.
Also time scales vary. i was told this morning 72 hours then i was just told 24 hours and now its down to 3 hours.
itsme
Grafter

Although Ofcom is the regulator for phone companies in the UK, we do not handle individual disputes or complaints.

A credit card refund is normally to the card that was debited, was this the case with the stolen card?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

All I can say andre88uk is that I'm here to help you with this, not fight against your wishes. it should be 3 hours for the removal of call barring, I requested that earlier for you. I'll make sure we look at your account on Friday which is when the bill should have been due and my colleague will give you a call as she promised today.
As for the speed fault that should be resolved now as we've identified an issue on the account and have just updated the speed profile to 16400kbs so do another speed test and let us know how things are.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Itsme the card refund was issued to the card used the month before not the card i just paid from.. thus causing the issue.
Also i was told by the less than helpful tech guy the issue is a BT one and not a plusnet one.. this has now transpired to be incorrect .AGAIN.
I got a text at 14:20 to say the order to lift the bar had now been placed ... i originally called in at 9am. why the 5 hour delay.
What happening about the next due bill?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

got a text at 14:20 to say the order to lift the bar had now been placed ... i originally called in at 9am. why the 5 hour delay.

I'm sorry I don't know, it was me that lifted the barr at 14:20 which triggered the email.
What happening about the next due bill?

the bill will fail but as mentioned both me and the colleague you spoke to on Friday will be dealing with your account again then and one of us will be in touch as there may be a remainder to pay.
Any improvement with your connection speeds?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team