Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line install date changed??

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Phone line install date changed??

When signing up a customer last Thursday ( JL phone and bb) , we was first given three potential dates by the sales person for the phone line to be installed.
As the order continued he said on the next screen, he said i  can book you in a date, the earliest been Friday the 17 August.
This was accepted (am appointment), i also asked if this date was guaranteed, which he replied yes.
Having looked at auto email for this it now gives an install date of 6/9/2012 ,  
Having just spoken with the customer i asked if he had received a call or text about a date change to which he replied no, ( i hope this email is wrong)  can someone please have a look :). Ticket ID: 58687441
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7 REPLIES 7
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Phone line install date changed??

Have just seen the response on the ticket - not happy

The date for this Friday was guaranteed by the agent (listen to the call). 06.09.12 was not one of the provisional dates ( i may be wrong on that).
When you guarantee a date to a customer, that sets an expectation.
Even worse why has the customer not been informed or given an explanation about this?
You have is mobile on record so should be keeping him up to date.
Will someone be calling the customer to explain.?
Would much appreciate if someone from DC team can take a look  asap.
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LukeAger
Grafter

Hi ITWorks.
Usually the dates given at sign up are provisional only until we have them confirmed by BT. We wouldn't normally be in a position to guarantee a date straight away. That being said, if the agent guaranteed you a date then I can certainly feed that back so we can make sure we are being clearer in future.
In regards to the appointment, if the preferred dates aren't available or cant be confirmed we will automatically move to the soonest available appointment. It seems, judging by the date you have quoted(6th September) there are some delays pushing us back in this area.  Sad We are sorry about this.
There can sometimes be chances of cancellations to speed up activation, I have checked this afternoon and the soonest date is now even further away than what we already have booked however you can call us at any time to check for updates on this.
Quote from: ITWorks

Will someone be calling the customer to explain.?

I will make a call this afternoon to explain this to the account holder.  Smiley
Luke

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Luke thanks for your response.
When i saw your reply yesterday i informed the customer they will get a call the same afternoon , having spoken with the customer this morning , they said they have not been called yet?
Kind Regards
Mike

LukeAger
Grafter

Hi mike.
I left the customer a voicemail on the mobile number on the account. Roughly 3pm yesterday.?  Smiley
He might be like me and have a collection of unheard voicemail messages  Wink

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Luke
Thanks for that , much appreciated Smiley
Regards
Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've made sure Luke gets some recognition for how he's dealt with some posts on here in such a proactive, friendly and professional manner.
(Psst you owe me one Luke, keep it up! Wink )
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LukeAger
Grafter

Thanks for that Adam. Had I known this i would have picked you up when i drove past you last night  Grin