cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying my bill

Dmchugh

Paying my bill

I want to pay my bill by debit card. I cannot pay by dd because you won't accept payment date of 31St of each month. Only 24th of month which is no good to me. When I try to pay online with my card the only option is to register card first. I do not want to register my card as when I did this previously it tried to take money on 24th of the month which wasn't there! When I try to phone to pay no matter what time of day there is a 30 to 40 minute wait!!! I don't have the time to wait and then have to keep trying during the day, sometimes until 8pm. I have been complaining about this issue for months and months
Still no solution
13 REPLIES 13
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Paying my bill

But there isn't a 31st every month, and PN billing systems are quiet inflexible. DD taken at the date you registered seems to be the only option as many previous posts on this forum seem to testify. I haven't  seen what happens between the 28th and the 31st if your billing date would fall there.  Lips_are_sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yup PN billing system  Shocked old and inflexible , still on list of we fixing it  Lips_are_sealed
i am in a similar situation i dont pay with DD only my debit card , thing to do is register your card BUT instruct your bank to refuse any requests of payment from PN ,, it works .
But they will charge you a extra .£1.50  non DD processing charge  Crazy and every time you visit your member center page you are greeted by a SET UP DD NOW !!! page  Angry Angry
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Just found this , thanks mr google  Wink  Virgin Media have slashed their NON DD charge to £0.45  Wink  come on PN follow their lead
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/03/virgin-media-slash-non-direct-debit-payment-handling-fe...
All4One
Grafter

Why is the date no good though? If it's the usual invoice on 24th and don't get paid to the 1st...just budget  and get a month in front, then you're paid on the 1st and have the money ready to go on the 24th. Magic. Cool
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Are "modern" systems so awkward, as not to have a "Last day of month" option?
Seems to me that Hutber's Law, "Improvement means deterioration", is well in force as my bank decafes back had that for standing orders. Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
PeterLoftus
Pro

PN send me an email when they are going to take the DD with the amount. They are the only company that do. My local council take their council tax, which is considerably more with no warning Huh
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: PeterLoftus
with no warning Huh

Really? Do you not get a notice before the beginning of the Council Tax year setting out the dates and amounts of your DD payments for the year?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

From O2 i get Email  notice of billing date and amount due !  , in advance .
From PN i just get a Email We are taking your money on date but never get amount untill the  day its due
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I get an email from 3 two days after my billing date on the 20th and the money is not taken out until the 8th of the next month.
PeterLoftus
Pro

Quote from: alanj
Quote from: PeterLoftus
with no warning Huh

Really? Do you not get a notice before the beginning of the Council Tax year setting out the dates and amounts of your DD payments for the year?

Yes I do but I don't get an email from them just before the DD giving the exact amount to be deducted Like I do from PN which is the point I was making.
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anonymous
Not applicable

So hardly 'with no warning' then...
Plusnet need to tell you the amount on each occasion as it has the potential to vary each month according to the charges for any phone calls made. Your council tax payments are fixed for the year in advance, so your comparison isn't really relevant.
PeterLoftus
Pro

Sooooo the OP has a warning how much he has to have available in his bank to cover a DD. QED  Lips_are_sealed
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Personally I like by DDs to be right at the start of the month, however this wouldn't be top of my list of things Plusnet ought to be fixing.