Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting times - have Plusnet cracked it

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Call waiting times - have Plusnet cracked it

I have been checking the waiting times off and on over the last couple of weeks and this seems to be typical
The question isn't how many agents are available but why is the call volume so low
Is this a sign that Chat is really working (I assume it isn't because of a drop in customers with problems)
On the assumption that Chat is taking the strain would it be possible to add a page to the website giving similar information for that system
As a check I just tried Chat and was advised that there were two people waiting - so no problem there then
10 REPLIES 10
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Call waiting times - have Plusnet cracked it

Quote from: Oldjim
The question isn't how many agents are available but why is the call volume so low

What makes you think that Jim? We have had a pretty heavy influx of new starters on the phones recently.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because the stats are for
This graph represents the number of inbound calls into our call centre in any given 15 minute period. As you can see there are certain times of the day where we are busier than others. We actively monitor our peak times to ensure we always have enough people on the phones to answer your queries, without keeping you waiting too long in a queue. Please note, calls to our Sales and Customer Options Teams are excluded from the above graphing.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I rang the other day 30. March 15.30,  to query a bill and got through virtually instantaneously.  Cheesy
The lady was very capable as well  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: MattyC
We have had a pretty heavy influx of new starters on the phones recently.

More Customer Service staff, New Community (Forum) coming, Even stronger rumours about the fabled 'New Billing System'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
John_Essex
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Is this a sign that Chat is really working (I assume it isn't because of a drop in customers with problems)

I needed to contact support a week or so ago ( first time in years  Smiley ) and found no way to raise a "ticket" as in the old days so I found the "Chat" system and used it.
I have to admit that it really worked and my query was dealt with there and then. I did find an issue with it though on a second query in that I wanted to input a lengthy description and it timed out on me while I was typing. Perhaps the time out period needs to be adjusted to cater for that.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Jim - Forgot that it said that in honesty. We do find there's less repeat callers though when there's a quicker answer rate.
Quote from: John_Essex
I did find an issue with it though on a second query in that I wanted to input a lengthy description and it timed out on me while I was typing.

Hey John,
Glad it was a good experience  Smiley
The chats don't really time out per se. Though generally after about 4 minutes you could get something along the lines of "We haven't heard from you for a while are you still around?". Was this what happened with you by any chance?
Matty
John_Essex
Grafter

From memory it looked a bit like that with the "We haven't heard from you" part but I'm thinking that it also added something like "Closing the chat" as well.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I cannot remember if it has happended with Plusnet but I have been caught out a few times with online chat to various Customer Services. I think that the best plan is to draft a carefully editted description of the issue in Notepad or similar and then paste that into the initial message.  I have also been caught out when this carefully drafted message then exceeds the maximum permitted message length and so has required redrafting.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll find out what the official policy is on this and then update the thread. It's not automation though so it will most certainly vary dependent on the advisor, as is the way with non-automated processes.
EDIT:
No character limits. Silence warning after three minutes, chat is apologetically dropped (or timed out if you will) after six.
John_Essex
Grafter

Ok I'll take the advice of alanf and draft out any long worded text on notepad first.  Wink