cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN support - Justmail does not exist!

Grafter

PN support - Justmail does not exist!

I really am so glad I've realised what apalling value for money this package is, and have now decided to go with O2. Much higher customer satisfaction ratings than PN, cheaper, faster and no download limit when compared to my existing package.
Which brings me to today's little problem. Having been told by PN support a couple of weeks ago that they've taken on lots of new UK support staff, I'm still having to call SA. The line quality is bad, and calls 1 and 2 failed because although I could hear them, they couldn't hear me. Attempt 3 was more sucessfull (in terms of speaking to someone anyway). I raised a ticket about continued access to email after I migrate, and was advised by PN support that I could take advantage of the Justmail service - and to do so I should call customer services. Before I did this, I did a search on PN, and this service is set out in the cancellation T&C's, cost £20 p.a.
Anyway, according to link:csa removed at PN in SA, no such service exists, link:csa removed support is wrong to tell me it exists, and the T&C's are also wrong.
Anyone else heard of this mythical service, or even used it?
adie:orange CSA name removed as per link:rules
13 REPLIES 13
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PN support - Justmail does not exist!

Hi 430.
Justmail is one of our sister company's, Madasafish, products. I can only assume you got through on a MAAF helpline or something. Plusnet have something called Pay as You Go which will enable you to keep email addresses. You can ask to be downgraded to this a upon cancellation of your account. Some product information is available here The free one, not the premier.
Jojo Smiley
Grafter

Thanks Jojo, that looks like it should do the job. It was definitely in response to a PN ticket (see my questions) that Justmail was mentioned, and I've just checked again the PN cancellation policy (on the PN website) http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
where Justmail is also referred to. So there does seem to be some confusion, but if it saves me £20, I'm happy.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oh good, and I'll get someone to look into that.

Jojo Smiley
edited to include problem ID 62655 raised to rectify the incorrect text
jmd
Grafter

Thank you too for that information!  I am leaving PN and going elsewhere and I asked about the email retention[and also keeping domain email name]  and was told that it would be dealt with when I got Mac code [which I have not got as yet] but then when I queried it on my ticket got told to ring when I had migrated to ask about it which seemed a bit odd.  However, when I ring I can at least ask for the correct thing now which is free.
I know they say it can take up to 5 days for MAC code but does it have to?
I am now on day 4.
Alxns
Grafter

O2 has a 40Gb fair usage cap btw
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

AFAIK that is only on O2 Access not LLU and anyone who goes onto O2 Access will have major problems and will still have the dreaded IP profile
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jmdlp
[and also keeping domain email name

From the page Joanne linked:
Hosting at £29.38 (including VAT) per domain per annum.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Hosting at £29.38 (including VAT) per domain per annum.

That's a tad expensive!
Couldn't you just transfer your domain to somewhere like '1and1' and use their email forwarding?.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jmd
Grafter

probably won't bother with it - have not decided................. PN making me wait for Mac code might make me wait for anything else
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If its a .co.uk, .me.uk or .org.uk domain then its only £2.99 a year with the likes of 1&1 or ukreg so its probably worth transferring it to them just to hang on to the domain, even if you've no specific plans to use it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Yep, I suggested to Josie via PM that she could move her domain to JTN for £9.99 every two years.
It's not hosting she needs, just registration.
jmd
Grafter

Well I wanted to do that on my ticket but then the CSC said I had to ask for it after migrating by phone!  as I said this seems a bit barmy.
Have not got Mac code yet so will ring about that later today and mention Just the Name again! [also the free email]

It will be useful to have this really in case I come back to PN.
edit - have eventaully got through to Customer Options and been told that Justmail is the best thing as I don't lose my domain name and it will cost £1.69 per month but have ring up and ask for this as soon as I have confirmation of migration. I have that already but he said to wait until nearer time.
[interesting that one user is told JustMail does not exist and I am told that is better than th free email a/c!! :-\]
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the confusion regarding the two products.
Pay As You Go accounts are free, you can host domains and receive email, but you cannot send email using our relay servers.
Mail accounts cost £1 per month, have all the features of Pay As You Go accounts, but with the addition of being able to send email through our relay servers, using SMTP authentication.
When you migrate away, we automatically downgrade or cancel your account (depending on what services you leave active) so we would need to action the change to Mail manually. If you call us when you're active with O2, we'll action this for you.
The cheaper option would be to use Just The Name to host the domain, you can then forward emails to any email address.