cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off To A Bad Start - No Engineer Today?

Horridge
Dabbler

Off To A Bad Start - No Engineer Today?

I can now confirm that the order has been accepted and the appointment booked for 29/11/2012 between 1 PM and 6 PM

Here we are, gone 18:00, and no engineer, no phone call, no email, no nothing.
I had to take time off work to ensure I was here during those hours. I'm threatened with a £50 charge if the engineer can't gain access, does it work the other way round? Am I entitled to some sort of compensation, if I've wasted my time as well?
I've had my mobile by my side all afternoon, I live in a flat, so there's a loud intercom ringing if someone's at the door, it would be impossible for anyone to attempt access and for me not to be aware.
12 REPLIES 12
susan67

Re: Off To A Bad Start - No Engineer Today?

Horridge
Sorry to hear that you're in the same boat as me. I was supposed to have the engineer turn up on Tuesday and still no idea when he'll come. Three days without broadband and I work from home so it's essential.
They've tried to say there was a fault on my line but everything was working perfectly Monday night when I had Talk Talk connected. They say it's because I'm going to fibre. I've told them to reconnect a standard service as anything is better than nothing right now.
God I'm fed up!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to hear about these issues.
Just to outline what we're able to do about this is that for both of your cases I'll chase up our suppliers and find out what the reason is for the engineers not arriving, I'll then arrange another appointment for as soon as possible and obviously I'll be in touch with both of you to discuss and arrange that.
Am I entitled to some sort of compensation, if I've wasted my time as well?

With that in mind I'll make sure both of you are given a gesture of good will due to your inconvenience too.
I'll be looking into these issues today so I will be in touch ASAP
Adam

EDIT: I've just noticed that my colleague Luke is already taking care of things for you susan67 so I'll be dealing with things for yourself Horridge shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Horridge
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'll be looking into these issues today so I will be in touch ASAP

Thanks for the response, I'm at work again all day today so won't be near a phone, but I'll keep an eye on the forum and my emails.
I'm just disappointed more than anything, unashamedly I was looking forward to getting fibre speeds Embarrassed Now I fear that my Be DSL connection will be turned off regardless next week and I'll be without any connection.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK no problem,
The DSL should remain on in the meantime for you. Also I just need to know from you if there's any dates over the next week or so that I'd need to avoid (or vice-versa any preferred ones) to arrange a new appointment for the installation.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Horridge
Dabbler

Too avoid any charges on my end with my current ISP I put through a manual cancellation request, I understand that's not your fault, but bit annoying as I thought I'd have my new connection  Grin
I've responded to the ticket with the hours I'm free next week.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've passed those dates on to the supplier so I'll let you know as soon as something has been confirmed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Horridge
Dabbler

I've passed those dates on to the supplier so I'll let you know as soon as something has been confirmed.

Just to keep anyone reading this in the loop, I had an update on my ticket yesterday, confirming a new date for next week:
we've booked a new appointment for next Tuesday 4/12/12 between 1PM and 6PM.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah that's great news, thanks for updating - hope that gets everything sorted out for you.
Horridge
Dabbler

Engineer is here now,  as I type, doing his thing. So fingers crossed. He's not a BT engineer though, so obviously been contracted in to cover.  Will update in a bit.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for the update!  Strangely I was just looking on BT's systems myself as I was anxious to see if your install was going ahead as planned Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Horridge
Dabbler

Cheers for the update!  Strangely I was just looking on BT's systems myself as I was anxious to see if your install was going ahead as planned Smiley

So far so good, everything is installed, he's now left. I'm connected via PlusNet, and just did a few SpeedTests and can't complain at those speeds:

Thanks for the assistance Adam and the other staff that helped out. Hopefully no more problems from here on.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good good Smiley
Just give me a shout if you see any more issues.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team