cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not very helpful CSC - Just being ignored now!

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not very helpful CSC - Just being ignored now!

Last week I raised a problem ( 30923976) with my BB dropping every few minutes and a speed drop to half of what it was. There followed a series of automated replies - No fault - Yes there is a fault passed to BT wait 48 hours - Telephone call no fault - Ticket updated next day, yes there is a fault passed to BT expect a response in 48/72 hours.
Come Monday morning everything seemed to be fixed as far as speed is concerned but connection still dropping a couple a times day. Wednesday ticket update with automated reply BT still looking into problem. Today Thursday back to square one speed dropped again and disconnects ans SNR 20 +.
Phoning CSC and reading the ticket system gives me no confidence my fault is actually being looked at. 48 hours has now turned into over a week with no apparent progress. Is my fault being looked at or am I being fobbed off because it certainly feels like it?
23 REPLIES 23
scootie
Grafter

Re: Not very helpfull CSC

it can be challenging some times to get the support you need through a ticket but as your ticket will be in the faults pool you should be getting good support.
i hate having to raise issues by ticket as it can be a great waste of time waiting aday or 2 for a reply to only find the agent has giving you a copy paste reply that means zero.
thats how i tend to start tickets off now days esp when like this one it had to be placed in the general ticket pool
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75667.msg665069.html#msg665069
glloyd
Rising Star

I just get the feeling you are being fobbed off with delays on the ticket system and phoning the CSC you get the reply "it's being looked at" with no real progress being reported. Faults normally get fixed pretty quickly in my area when they are reported. 8 days without progress or knowing what is going on is damn annoying.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry you feel nothing has been done on your fault, I can assure you that's not the case. We've performed a number of linetests and passed it through to our suppliers on Friday.
Since then we've had a response from them saying they believe the fault was fixed, this wasn't the case so we rejected that and passed the fault back to them. Since then they've continued investigating the fault.
I'll ask one of our faults team to take another look as we don't seem to have had any feedback from BT in a day or so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Chris but there was no info on the ticket to say BT had responded. The fault was reported on Tuesday night and was supposed to have been passed to BT on Wednesdat last week so why was it delayed till Friday. My connection is now dropping every five minutes or so making my BB almost unusable.
glloyd
Rising Star

My ticked was supposed to have been updated on Thursday 3rd at 9.00am - Nothing! Not really good enough had this fault for 10 days now and looks like I'm going to get stuck with it over the weekend now.
glloyd
Rising Star

Can someone please SPEAK to BT instead of the automated system and get them to look at my fault. It's just taken me 45 minutes of connects and disconnects to get a connection, of half my normal speed,  to stay up any length of time. Surely it cannot take BT 12 days to fix a fault. This fault was raised on the 25th Nov and there has been no update from BT since the 1st Dec other than automated replies.
PlusNet is sadly lacking these days getting faults fixed, no wonder CS is getting lower ratings these days. I'm a loyal customer to any company that offers good service. As soon as they don't I move on!

glloyd
Rising Star

Well it's now two weeks since my fault was reported and still no further forward. All I get is it's with the providers diagnostics team which means nothing. I'm getting really peeved off now and now feel it's time to start looking around to move to an ISP that will get faults fixed and not just take money.
glloyd
Rising Star

Re: Not very helpful CSC - Just being ignored now!

To add insult to injury I have just been sent a customer survey asking how satisfied I am with customer service - I dare not answer Angry
nadger
Rising Star

You should fill it in with your honest ( polite) comments as that's what surveys are about.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm really sorry for the issues you've had so far.
Your fault has been with BT since the 27th November. Unfortunately it got stuck in the system (at BT's side). This was resolved on the 7th when we spoke to BT, however they cleared the fault yesterday.
We've spoken to them again today, and have escalated the issue, and should have a response this afternoon (it's likely to be an engineer visit, so if you could let me know when you're available that'd speed things up).
glloyd
Rising Star

Hi Mand,
Thanks for the update but the fault was not cleared yesterday, at least the connecion speed has not returned to normal, it's still half what it was. Maybe my connection has been banded due to all the disconnections?
I am available at any time any day.
Mand
Grafter

Sorry, by 'cleared' I mean BT passed the fault back to us, stating that there wasn't an issue. We've set them straight on that score now. Wink
glloyd
Rising Star

Just and update on this story. An engineer arrrived on the 11th December with a right old  attitude. His first words to me were "All I need is a connection to the exchange and that's good enough for me". He dug out his computer, connect a very old modem which was ADSL1 only, got a sync of 3Meg and said "There is nothing wrong with your connection". Nothing about dropped connections or the halving of my sync speed lower than ADSLMax or tested on ADSL2+.
The problem was I was in great pain at the time he arrived which turned out to be a heart attack and later rushed to hospital so was in no state to argue with him. Then to add insult to injury PlusNet inform me that the Router a Draytek Vigor 2800G ADSL+2 router that had worked all through the trial was not ADSL2+ compatible.
I had my son put a note on my ticket saying I was in hospital yet depite that PlusNet still tried to phone me. I'm home now unti the new year but will have to have a tripple by-pass if I survive long enough to have it.
mal0z
Grafter

you would expect the BT field technicians to have laptops/routers  capable of the maximum that BT broadband offers so they can work on ADSL2+ wouldn't you