cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

FIXED
globalpi

Not impressed

So, first thing yesterday plusnet switched my line from BT - great I thought. I was told that my broadband would be live by midnight. Ok, a long day without internet and as I work from home, not great but I could suffer it. Later that evening after calling them, I was assured that the Fibre would be on by midnight. I received a text to tell me it was live. Yippee - I could catch up on my work. However, I connected the router (PN) supplied and no internet. I spent 50 minutes on hold waiting for tech support. We ran through all the diagnostics (I had already done these) and still no internet! Initially told it would take between 3-4 days to get the fault looked at. After throwing plenty of F's at the guy, was told an engineer would be here on Friday - so that will be three days without service! All was working before PN took over the line! No change in anything except the service provider. I'm far from impressed and my first impression is one of massive disappointment! Perhaps 'that' is actually the plusnet way! I'll be going back to BT if PN don't rectify this!
Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Not impressed

Plusnet is owned by BT, so in reality you still are with BT.
Throwing "F's" at the guy really isn't the way to deal with such things.

With regards to the fault, it depends what the fault is.
It might be something caused by the Openreach engineer doing the switch over at the exchange - in this instance it is outwith Plusnets control.
globalpi

Thanks for stating the obvious chenks. Perhaps you could get a job with plusnet. The 'F' were a result of waiting 50 minutes for their 'support' to answer the phone, being told to try everything that I clearly had already tried, despite telling them that, being told that I'd have to initially wait 3-4 days for the fault to be looked into, the thought of having another 3-4 days where I could not work and the fact that my broadband was just fine before plusnet took it over on that morning! Justified in my opinion. I'm guessing you don't work for yourself!
chenks76
All Star

regardles.. using "Fs" is not the way to go about it.
you would accept it if a customer of yours did that to you?

and the fact you had "work to do" is irrelevant, as i assume you are paying for a consumer package and not a business package. if you require business level support then you need to pay for that via the business packages.

and if your broadband was "Just fine" before plusnet then one wonders why you moved to plusnet in the first place.

globalpi

Chenks, I'm clearly missing something here. You are qualified to judge because.....?
chenks76
All Star

public forum.
you gave feedback, i'm giving you feedback on your feedback.
you don't need to like it, i give it anyway.

you reep what you sow.
globalpi

As I suspected. Not qualified to judge. Feedback is fine but to judge something that you clearly know nothing about is to flag yourself as someone with nothing else to do. Thank you for your feedback - it was of no use whatsoever. Enjoy your day.
chenks76
All Star

the day is fantastic so far.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Hi Hopefully one the the PN staff will pick this up soon Thumbs_Up @Gandalf     should be able to assist you .

Ps our resident Mr Chenks76 must be in his argumentative state today , sometimes he is helpful

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

He's done nothing but Antagonize frustrated customers for the past week @rongtw I'm astounded tbh.

chenks76
All Star

as i said, you reep what you sowe.

it seems you get astounded by the the most mundane things.

chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:

Ps our resident Mr Chenks76 must be in his argumentative state today , sometimes he is helpful

IMO if you start "throwing F's at the guy" then you get what you deserve.
come in with an already "argumentative" attitude and that's what you tend to get back.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm seriously wondering if there is any point to this thread as globalpi's complaint is getting lost in the usual sea of bickering.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The uneccessary interjections are severely hampering the OP in getting a rational response.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear you've experienced a fault with your service. From reading the engineer notes, it looks like the initial engineer didn't correctly provision your fibre connection at the cabinet.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet