Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

FIXED
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Not impressed

which is what i suggested in the first reply as to the possible reason for the problem.
globalpi

Congratulations Chenks! You're a true inspiration for your unparalleled ability to state the obvious! Take a gold star for the back of your hand! I told plusnet that in the first place. You really need to get a life mate!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

@globalpi wrote:

... as I work from home ...

All was working before PN took over the line! No change in anything except the service provider.
I'm far from impressed and my first impression is one of massive disappointment!
Perhaps 'that' is actually the plusnet way!
I'll be going back to BT if PN don't rectify this!

@Gandalf wrote:

From reading the engineer notes, it looks like the initial engineer didn't correctly provision your fibre connection at the cabinet.

So BT Openreach screws up the install and that is PN's fault?  OK they are accountable for managing the issue, but not responsible for the poor on the ground engineering, nor BTOR's 72 hour fix target on residential services.  This could have happened to any ISP you chose to move to ... including BT Retail.

If you work from home (use the internet for business purposes) then you ought to have opted for a business grade service for which BTOR provide a faster response service.  To say nothing of being in breach of your Plusnet T&Cs...

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/#standardTerms

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

globalpi

Gandalf,

I send a few work emails etc and that's all - the engineer sorted this yesterday. Thank you for your input!