Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy AT ALL!

halster65
Grafter

Not happy AT ALL!

Hi,
I had a fibre install scheduled for today between 8-1pm, which did not happen!
I spoke with the BT Engineer as his miss call sms appeared on my phone couple of hours later, he said that he was at my address at 8:30am, but no one was home, he also said he rang the door bell, and knocked aswell, but noone was there, which is not true!
My wife was awake at 8am waiting for him to turn up, at 8:10am, we recieved a signed for parcel force delivery, which proves there was somone inside the property.
I spoke with the engineer and asked him to describe the flat to me, and he got the description wrong, he couldnt not elaborate any further as he ws on another call.
now because this has been classed as a missed appointment, i am being charged £50! which i think is totally unfair!!
on top of that my next available install date is 13 June!
Im sure there nothing that can be done about the install date, but i think i am being unfairly charged for something that was not my fault!
I waited 2 weeks for this install, I wasnt going mess it up!
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Not happy AT ALL!

Hi halster65,
It's standard procedure for us to class this as a missed appointment. However in this case we've agreed not to charge the £50 re-appointment charge. Unfortunately, it's not possible to get an earlier date than the one we've offered.
Jojo Smiley
halster65
Grafter

Hi Jo,
Thank you very very much.  Feeling alot better now, thank you. 13 june is sucha looooon way off, but I understand. 
Its gna go quick im sure!
thanks again Jo,
Have yourself a good bank holiday!
halster65
Grafter

Hi Jo,
can you confirm whether 13th June is my install date for my fibre? Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked and the order has been confirmed for the 13th. Please see ticket 42490959 for the fine details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@halster65 -not that this will help you but..... I fish occasionally with  a local BT Openreach engineer.... he tells me that they get so much work load on a "shift" that they have to make up the occasional "not at home" report when they physically haven't had time to make the call - otherwise they get disciplined!!
halster65
Grafter

well, at least my install date has moved up a day! install date now on the 10th, nxt friday! between 1-6, Ive got a webcam setup outside my door, no more 'i knocked and noone was home'!
moving house was stressful, being without internet for 4 weeks is unbearable!
I'll just have to wait and see now......