Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I have learnt about dealing with Plusnet re: a Broadband Speed Fault

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What I have learnt about dealing with Plusnet re: a Broadband Speed Fault

1. CSC (Customer Service Centre) agents can only see the details of the last 1 BT speed test you've done (at http://www.speedtester.bt.com).
I presume this means that, when they ask you to do 3 tests in a row (which the speedtester site will only allow with one hour between each test), this is to determine if the fault will go away quickly or not.
2. Under certain circumstances (I think if the question started through the Broadband Fault Troubleshooter, or if it has been referred to the faults team), any further response from you on the question (unless asked for), will mean the question drops to the bottom of the list and so this will delay a response from the CSC.
3. Phoning the CSC means you get to speak to someone there and then, even if they can't do anything.  They can at least give you a progress report, and doing this shouldn't drop your question to the bottom of the list.
4. Again, if the question is referred to the faults team, they aim to respond each time within 48 to 72 hours.  However they won't always tell you this, and sometimes it takes longer than this.
5. If CSC responses on your question stop being helpful and show they have failed to read your responses, try posting on the Community Site forums.  This often leads to helpful responses from other users, and also a member of the Plusnet Digital Care team (used to be called Communications team).
6. Once a member of Plusnet staff has responded on the forums, you can then send them a PM (Private Message) on the forums (under "My Messages") with more details, and updates on your problem - this will then NOT delay progress on your question, and establishes a dialogue. 
7. The Digital Care team members are very helpful, and good at seeing the issues in overview and doing whatever is necessary to sort them.  They may promise to respond and even phone you on a certain date, however their workload means they can't always keep to these deadlines.  Bear in mind that they only work Mon-Fri 9 to 5.
8. I've found that sending a twitter DM (direct message) to @plusnet prompts the Digital Care team members to respond if they've passed their deadline; this message should reference your question number, say when you were promised a response, and ask the relevant Digital Care team member to read your latest PM you've sent them.
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisL
Rising Star

Re: What I have learnt about dealing with Plusnet re: a Broadband Speed Fault

This might be worth a sticky ?Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

1. CSC (Customer Service Centre) agents can only see the details of the last 1 BT speed test you've done (at http://www.speedtester.bt.com).
I presume this means that, when they ask you to do 3 tests in a row (which the speedtester site will only allow with one hour between each test), this is to determine if the fault will go away quickly or not.

We used to be able to see 3 test results, hence us asking for 3 tests. i'm not sure when, or if, this has changed.
2. Under certain circumstances (I think if the question started through the Broadband Fault Troubleshooter, or if it has been referred to the faults team), any further response from you on the question (unless asked for), will mean the question drops to the bottom of the list and so this will delay a response from the CSC.

Correct and is something that has been discussed on here many times previously. It's not ideal but we do have ways of tracking these tickets and working the oldest untouched by the CSC.
3. Phoning the CSC means you get to speak to someone there and then, even if they can't do anything.  They can at least give you a progress report, and doing this shouldn't drop your question to the bottom of the list.

Correct, not much more I can add here.
4. Again, if the question is referred to the faults team, they aim to respond each time within 48 to 72 hours.  However they won't always tell you this, and sometimes it takes longer than this.

Fault team responses were averaging between 48 and 65 hours (IIRC) last week. General CSC queries are generally within 8 hours.
5. If CSC responses on your question stop being helpful and show they have failed to read your responses, try posting on the Community Site forums.  This often leads to helpful responses from other users, and also a member of the Plusnet Digital Care team (used to be called Communications team).

We're happy to help!
6. Once a member of Plusnet staff has responded on the forums, you can then send them a PM (Private Message) on the forums (under "My Messages") with more details, and updates on your problem - this will then NOT delay progress on your question, and establishes a dialogue. 

It's much much better to continue the dialogue on the forum rather than PM. I know some of the team get 10-15 PMs per day and that limits what they can do in the open forums.
7. The Digital Care team members are very helpful, and good at seeing the issues in overview and doing whatever is necessary to sort them.  They may promise to respond and even phone you on a certain date, however their workload means they can't always keep to these deadlines.  Bear in mind that they only work Mon-Fri 9 to 5.

I'm working with the team to ensure that if they say they'll call you back at a certain time, they will.
8. I've found that sending a twitter DM (direct message) to @plusnet prompts the Digital Care team members to respond if they've passed their deadline; this message should reference your question number, say when you were promised a response, and ask the relevant Digital Care team member to read your latest PM you've sent them.

We do monitor twitter too, again though I'd prefer to try and keep the issues on the open forum, as that's where other customers can help too, instead of in PMs.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
amcclean
Rising Star

can this be made a sticky?
Chris
Legend

I'm really not sure why this would be a sticky? It's one persons opinions on dealing with the CSC, someone else may have different experiences depending on the type of ticket they raise.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ChrisL
Rising Star

It offers subjective, but very general advice, which might be of widespread use (and save a lot of misunderstandings by newbees).  The original post has already been improved by your contribution, Chris, and there is no reason why further contributions wouldn't make it even less subjective.  I think it's worth making a sticky just because of how general the subject is....
Regards
Chris L
Saturn
Grafter

Well I have a different opinion after 4 months of trying to get my service upgraded.  One PN staff member who posts on these forums got bored helping me and decided to stop responding.  Very unimpressed I regret to say.  And the problem still rumbles on with CSC staff incapable of reading the contents of tickets before some more duff advice is proffered.  Pot luck I say.
Chris
Legend

One PN staff member who posts on these forums got bored helping me and decided to stop responding. 

I don't think that's the case at all. In fact they called you last week to speak and find out why you thought they were the only person that could deal with your issue and to apologise if they gave you that impression.
Saturn
Grafter

If you want to take this off line I'll tell you all about my experience and what was said last week!
Chris
Legend

Feel free to drop me a PM with the details and I'll look into it.
Saturn
Grafter

I think this needs a phone call to discuss.
Chris
Legend

Hi there,
I've had a chat with the person you called in and spoke to a couple of days ago. He's filled me in on all the information you gave him on this. Thanks.