Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not going to be mucked about this time I said but I am

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not going to be mucked about this time I said but I am

Ticket No- 32336421
I have a recurring problem where my speed suddenly drops to below half of what it should do. This results in the normal ping pong of tickets and chasing to get things sorted at the exchange. Last time this happened mid December it took weeks to get it sorted. . Appointment made for engineers to call then cancelled without a word. Told a router I had used since on ADSL+2 since the trials started would not work on ADSL +2 and sent a router I did not ask for or want and then noticed it has been added to my account
Last Thursday whilst surfing the same thing happened. I was disconnected and once reconnected speed had dropped from 14331 to 6654 and frequent disconnects. Phoned CS and was told the usual story - We will run some test and call you back. No call back of course just the usual emails, "No Problem Found" - Can't Complete Test Due To A Fault" - "Will Continue To Monitor" then Nothing!
Last time this happened I landed up in hospital after a heart attack (Not saying the fault was the cause of course) after weeks of being mucked about so I'm determined this time I am not going to be mucked about. If the fault is not fixed PDQ then I will vote with my feet and take my custom and that of family members with me. It's about time PlusNet sorted out the fault process to take the hastle out of it for customers.
41 REPLIES 41
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Re: Not going to be mucked about this time.

Well done and DITTO
All those staff PN are hiring will be getting their P45 in 6 months at this rate  Shocked
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd,
I can see the intermittent issue showing from your connection records - I'll see what I can do regarding giving this fault a kick and will post back with an update later on.
glloyd
Rising Star

Someone wants kicking because nothing has been done since 11.38am last Thursday and that's not good enough.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been raised for you, sorry for the delay.
glloyd
Rising Star

And still nothing has been done since the failed line test last Thursday. What the hell do you have to do to get a fault fixed these days, get your MAC and leave?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And still nothing has been done since the failed line test last Thursday

Matt replied to the ticket and raised the fault to our supplier on Monday. We'll see if there is an update from them yet but they can take 48-72 hours for a response.
As soon as we have more information, your ticket will be updated again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Humour attempt alert...
Quote from: glloyd
.... get your MAC and leave?

I'd put a few more clothes on than that... you wouldn't want to get yourself arrested.  Wink  Cheesy 
Humour attempt over...

I hope you get this all sorted without too much stress.
Mike
glloyd
Rising Star

Getting realy peeeeed off now. 8 days and fault not fixed. Was told I was moved to a fixed profile, (god know why because my line was very stable), at less than half my normal speed and that could be removed in within 24 hours. That was two days ago and still stuck on the low speed..
Chris
Legend

Has your router been on for 3 days solid? If so then something is causing it to drop out still and removing the banded profile isn't going to help at the moment. Someone is looking at your ticket shortly, however as the connection doesn't appear to be stable I'd expect one of two things to happen:
- Our request to remove the banded profile is rejected as the line doesn't appear of suitable quality.
- The banded profile is removed but then re-added in a day or so to stabilise the line again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

One of our faults guys has checked your line and can't see any error seconds, so has requested the banding be removed. We'll let you know once we've received confirmation of this.
Chris
Legend

And we've just received notification that it should be uncapped now for you. Let us know how it goes and whether it stays stable.
glloyd
Rising Star

Chris,
The line was not unstable prior to the cap being put on it. I check the router almost daily and as far as I can recall it had remained synced for hundreds of hours - that is why I could not understand why I had been banded. The same thing happened in December last year so something odd happens. Anyway the banding has been removed so I will l see how long it last this time.
Chris
Legend

Yep, that's the best course of action now the banding has been removed, keep an eye on it and let us know if you start to see any problems again by updating the ticket or dropping a post in here.
glloyd
Rising Star

The removal of the banding did not last long. Two days at 15227 and it's back to 6654. During the two days at 15227 I did not notice many disconnects, the last time I looked it had stayed up at 15227 for at least 20 hours. This is the same thing as happened back twice in December. Can this be sent back to BT as there appears the be an exchange problem this is causing this to keep happening.