cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not going to be mucked about this time I said but I am

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Not going to be mucked about this time.

Hi glloyd,
I'm just looking at this for you now. There were a number of disconnections on the Friday (12th) which have caused the profile to drop and the banding to be reapplied.
I'll see what we can do from this end but unless the source of drops is found there'll be little point in removing the banding again I'm afraid. I assume you've had the router in the master socket with everything else plugged into the line filtered? If so then without a doubt it'll be something external.
I'll do some more tests but that's what we need to resolve to get the speed back up. Will post back shortly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right that's two tests run and both turned up inconclusive (though showing enough of a discrepancy between lowest and highest achieved sync rates, and also the drops) for me to raise it as an intermittent connection. I suspect this will be the only way to get this sorted out but will wait for your blessing before raising the fault for you - please let me know and I'll get it going.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for taking the trouble Matt. Yes please raise this as a fault.
As I've said before I had the same problem twice in December. The line was checked and found to be OK. A engineer was booked but canceled when a fault was found at the exchange.
When the line drops some of the reconnects are very weird like getiing thousands of errors within a second and the line dropping again.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@glloyd
I sympathise, I have exactly the same issues.  I had a couple of moths ago, a serious line issue, charactarised by frequent drops in sync, and very odd upstream syncs.  Whenever a BT engineer actually showed up, the fault had gone away. Eventually a line card was replaced at the exchange, and all seemed fine. Last week the fault reoccured, and TBH I am sick of the hoops I have to jump through. If the CSC actually reviewed previous faults when asked to do so, they would see its the same sequence of events. I am now having no response to tickets, resorted to a thread post in the hope that one of the very helpful comms guys pick up on it. Even now having PPP authentication failures.  80 resyncs in the past 24 hrs, obviously an issue.  Hope you get your issues sorted in a timely manner.....
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@penfold - Our suppliers are wanting to send an engineer out to you to investigate the fault - if you could reply to your ticket with times/dates you're available I'll get this booked for you and confirm.
@glloyd - I've just rejected a clear on your fault and it's now in the same situation - please let us know when you'd be available for an engineer visit.
glloyd
Rising Star

God knows what's happened to CS these days. Tickets just sit there with no progress unless you raise it on the forums and then nothing much happens. If you phone you are fobbed of with a load of bull and get nowhere. I am seriously thinking of moving because I have severe health issues at the moment and that last thing I need is agro with broadband. The only thing you can be certain of happening quickly is money being taken out of your account at billing time.
glloyd
Rising Star

Hi Matt,
I'll be available any time this week and next week except Tuesday. I have to say though going by past experience of the same fault a n engineer visit will be a waste of time as it's an exchange fault.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It might be that they've identified an exchange issue and that's what the engineer appointment is for - however these always need to be booked with yourself as it may be that testing will also be required from your premises when the work is done. I'll get this booked for you and confirm the time shortly, and sorry that it's going on so long.
I hope you feel better soon.
glloyd
Rising Star

Well the BT engineer called at 08.05 this morning, carried out the usual checks with his cheap old voyger modem that only manages to connect at some silly low speed and pronounced the line perfect though the test socket and and filtered face plate. He said he was now going to the exchange to test and get everything reset etc. Since then nothing only a few more disconnects.
What I find amazing is the engineer did not seem to know I was on ADSL+2 and the modem he was using was not capable of ADSL+2 anyway. This is back to square one just as it was In December, so more time any money wasted and faults not fixed.
What happens now?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your time on the phone... another engineer tomorrow, hopefully we'll get some different findings. I'll let you know as soon as we have any notes.
glloyd
Rising Star

Well no Engineer turned between the times quoted. We did lose both BB and phone at 10.00am for over 45 minutes. When the connection returned nothing had changed. Still getting disconnects and stil got low speeds so it looks as though nothing has been done again.
What a way to run a business - If they had turned up and I had not been in no doubt they would have charge £144 + Vat for a missed call. I get the feeling most of these engineers don't have a clue so don't bother to fix things hoping the next bloke along will be able to do the job.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked one of our faults guys to look into this for you, he's here till 8 tonight so he'll take a look before he leaves. Sorry to hear the engineer didn't turn up but hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

One of our faults guys has called and arranged a lift and shift of your line tomorrow, fingers crossed this helps resolve the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

Well I don't know if they did a lift and shift but what ever they have done has made it much worse. I'm now getting loads of uncorrected block errors and even more frequent disconnects. the only improvement is my speeds are back to normal. Back to the drawing board it would seem.

Edit:
Further information. When the SNR shows 6db or lower on my router the uncorrected blocks jump by 300+ every 5 seconds. When the SNR is 7db or above the uncorrected blocks slow down to almost zero.
glloyd
Rising Star

Changed router again to be sure it's not this end but the connection is unusable at time due to the amount of errors.
Mode: ADSL2+ 
Line Coding: Trellis On 

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 15494  1159 

SNR Margin (dB): 2.9  6.1 
Attenuation (dB): 31.5  14.2 
Output Power (dBm): 12.8  0.0 

Super Frames: 381298  361824 
Super Frame Errors: 44516  4294967264 
RS Words: 0  0 
RS Correctable Errors: 0  0 
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0  N/A