cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not going to be mucked about this time I said but I am

win7xp
Grafter

Re: Not going to be mucked about this time.

Just a suggestion but perhaps you should change the post title to "AM getting mucked about again"
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Not going to be mucked about this time I said but I am

One of the faults guys has just been over to me about your fault, the lift & shift obviously hasn't fixed the issue. He'll be updating your ticket shortly to keep you updated.
@ win7xp
I wouldn't say we're mucking about, we're in the process of trying to get the fault fixed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Chris,
Plusnet aren't mucking the customer about, but equally one would have to suggest that BT engineers aren't handling this in the most efficient manner... (as with other similar faults catalogued in these forums). The length of time for BT to fix a fault seems to escalate these days and the customer & Plusnet have to fight it all the way... (as well as being available for all the appointments). I don't think anyone is being critical of Plusnet here...
I'm just doing my own internal checking, as it appears I might have an intermittent voice/broadband fault, which I am dreading being the case... as I don't fancy a BT induced saga to trace and fix the problem!
Mike
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Chris,
It's not being suggested PlusNet is mucking about on this occasion but BT. Their engineers don't appear to have the equipment to deal with ADSL2+. For instance the engineer phoned on Saturday to say my line had been reset and the SNR was 14dB when in fact it was 6. He said the speed on his equipment showed 6meg when it was actually nearer 15 meg. How can fault get fixed in a timely manner without correct equipment? It's like using a hammer to remove a screw.
They only seem to be able to check for ADSL1 and anything after that is guess work. Last week after the engineer had been fiddling for half an hour he said "This new upto 20meg stuff is causing us a lot of head aches". I said that what I'm on, ADSL2+, oh are you he replied.. That's when he disappeared to the exchange.
Chris
Legend

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this, I'll keep checking on the fault for updates and letting you know whatever information we get.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Looking over your line, it's been nice and stable for over 24 hours without any drops. Having said that I'll ask one of the team to continue chasing the escalation on the fault to see what's going on.
glloyd
Rising Star

Hi Chris,
Yes the line is more stable but I'm getting a load of errors.
Mand
Grafter

Does the stabilisation coincide with when you changed the router over?
From the latest stats you've added to the ticket there are no uncorrectable errors?
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes my Vigor 2800g was showing loads of uncorrectable errors so I tried a D-Link DSL-2640B. That reduced the uncorrectable errors but showed up HEC errors and super frame errors which also slows down the link at times. I was not getting all these uncorrectable errors before the recent problems were supposed to have been fixed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

How bad are the slowdowns? We could look at turning interleaving on in order to reduce the errors, or possibly up the SNR by 3dB - both of which will reduce the error count.
If the slowdowns are significant we'd need some BT speed test results (http://www.speedtester.bt.com) in order to push this back for further investigation.
glloyd
Rising Star

The slow downs seem to  happen now and again as do the errors. Leave as is at the moment as the link is working and I may not be in a position to do much if it's mucked about with and fails. Thanks for your help Matt.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem I'll let Matt know. As recommended if the errors come back along with slow speeds please use the BT tester and get back to us on here please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team