cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a happy bunny

homecottage
Dabbler

Not a happy bunny

After years of waiting, FTTC has finally arrived in our village last week, so I ordered it on the first day that it became available.

I was informed of a switch-over date which was to be this coming Friday.

Great, I thought, I am off work that day, so if I have to wait for the mythical engineer, it will not be a problem.

I chatted to Plusnet today to get my connection settings, in case the router does not turn up in time, due to the Christmas postal problems.

During the conversation with them, I was informed that they had canceled the installation for the 22/12/2017 and rescheduled it for 03/01/2018 due to the lack of a fibre engineer.

I still don't know if my settings are the same.

Award winning customer service. I wonder what the award was for?

17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Not a happy bunny

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately orders can be pushed back due to engineer availability.

You should receive the router by then so there should be no need to worry about changing any settings.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
homecottage
Dabbler

What I don't understand, is why is a switch-over date provided if it has not been confirmed within the BT organisation.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The frequently occuring disparity between expected installation dates given during the Signup process and the BT "confirmed" installation date obtained later during the process has been one of the subjects of SU discussions with Plusnet.  The associated problem of communication and updating of customer expectations is also part of the discussion.

Hopefully some news on progress in the new year.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

homecottage
Dabbler

Maurice thank you for the clarification.

Looks like my Christmas Skype ambitions will be on hold this year.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Can you let us know how it goes on the 4th when your fibre service goes live?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
homecottage
Dabbler

Hello Gandalf

Yes, will keep you updated.

homecottage
Dabbler

Good morning Gandalf

I received an email from Plusnet at 00:55 this morning, informing me that my product change is now complete.

I only looked at my email account when I got to work, and I assume that I will need to restart the router?

I believe this is the case  as my Samknows Whitebox is still reporting 6.7Mbps rather than the >30Mbps that I should be getting.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You probably haven't been upgraded yet, the e-mail informs you that your account has changed to FTTC. The physical work to connect FTTC at the cabinet should be done sometime today (up to midnight) assuming the Openreach engineers have not been reallocated to emergency repair jobs because of storm damage.Smiley

homecottage
Dabbler

Thank you RealAleMadrid

That would explain it.

roadworks.org is showing traffic lights near the cabinet from the 9th to 11th next week, so I'm thinking it may have been pushed back again.

Time will tell.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We've not been advised of any delays.

Let us know how it goes by tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@homecottage    Have a look at the BT checker using your phone number. 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

In the text below the speed estimates you should find a line saying something like " There is an open order on this line .... "   with an expected completion date. If that is for today you should be OK.

homecottage
Dabbler

Here is the result.

Currently can't get a returned ping from the router, but phone still works.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

That isn't the relevant section, as I said previously there is a large text section (around 20 lines) below the speed estimates, that is where the open order information should be.

homecottage
Dabbler

Sorry.

Missed that.

"There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by 22nd December 2017."

I think this is where I came in..