Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody can help

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Nobody can help

Cool, when's a good time for me to give you a ring?
MikeyM
Grafter

If you can call around 10am that would be great.
I have added my mobile number to ticket 34396669
Ta
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I didn't pick up your message until now. It will take me a little while to test and investigate + review what's been done before so I'll give you a call later today.
MikeyM
Grafter

Ok, no worries
MikeyM
Grafter

Having given it some thought I am leaving to go to O2, as soon as my MAC code is received.
I am not willing to have to put up with several more BT Openreach engineer visits.
I have had 4 already and it would seem that no progress has been made. I have been more than patient but not interested in wasting any more of my time. I am told that I may need three more before it can be raised to complex faults team, sorry I just do not have the time to waste.
I knew more than all of those 4 engineers put  together and would hardly say I know very much.
They told me that as long as you have sync then they will close the fault, not good enough for me.
The last engineer I got was not on a time limit and was asked to change the d side, he refused and spent time testing what had already been tested and then spent about an hour in the box in the street re-sealing the joint, which made no difference.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry it's come to this but the offer for help is always there.
Do bear in mind that the only thing changing to a new provider will change is the port in the exchange. Whilst we've not been able to change this yet we could request this for you at a later stage. if the problem is on the line itself, it will follow you to the new provider.
MikeyM
Grafter

Quote from: Ben

Do bear in mind that the only thing changing to a new provider will change is the port in the exchange. . if the problem is on the line itself, it will follow you to the new provider.

That is not true, I am going to a LLU provider, like I had before. They do not use the DLM system that BTW do, so my current issue of the fact that my line drops once every 24/36 hours due to s noise spike,which causes the target SNR to go from 6db to 15db on the DLM system, and results in my sync speed halfing. This will not happen with LLU, the proof of that is that I had full 4MB with LLU before for nearly 3 years with no issues at all. This added to the fact that I now have a banded profile thanks to DLM, will not have any of these issues with LLU, unless you disagree?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

With O2 LLU you will be in a much better place for transient issues such as you describe.
Not all LLU providers work in the same way though, so don't assume TalkTalk or Sky for example would behave the same.
If you are suffering from occasional external interference rather than a persistent line fault then life should indeed be easier. BT's sytems do not work well with such problems.
MikeyM
Grafter

I was with SKY before and they were good, would not go to Talk Talk.
O2 will be getting my business, their customer service gets good reviews.
HPsauce
Pro

It's more the way their technical systems respond to the errors you're having that will really count.
At the end of the day if it does all lead back to problems with the line they will still have to interface to BT and get those unwanted engineers out.  Angry
That said, their CS seems to be on a par to PN's which puts them way above many (including TT).  Roll_eyes
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The problem is the intermittent noise which will still be there, just not the symptoms i.e. DLM clamping down. However, this is semantics.
HPsauce
Pro

The underlying problem maybe.  Wink
(given that no-one actually appears to know what it actually is yet)
But DLM appears to be really adding to to @MikeyM's woes and turning what may actually be a molehill into a mountain.  Sad
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

But DLM appears to be really adding to to @MikeyM's woes and turning what may actually be a molehill into a mountain.

You're right there. We have a similar minor problem with our office line at the moment, at intervals we get bursts of errors, sometimes it will be 2 or 3 times a day, other times it will be fine for a few days. Yes, its probably a line fault, and we could get an engineer out but it's not a big issue ATM. We are on a C & W LLU connection and alll that happens is the connection drops, resyncs again at the normal speed ( 20Mb/s ) and all's fine, most times no-one even notices!. Goodness knows where we would be if it were a BT ADSL2+ connection...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MikeyM
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
. We are on a C & W LLU connection and alll that happens is the connection drops, resyncs again at the normal speed ( 20Mb/s ) and all's fine, most times no-one even notices!. Goodness knows where we would be if it were a BT ADSL2+ connection...

This is what I had with Sky, the connection would drop every so often but would re-sync straight away at the same speed so it never became an issue and as you say I never noticed it.
Plus net will obviously try and say that it will be the same with another provider, the facts are clear, that it will not with LLU. Not going to argue about it, I know I am right.
HPsauce
Pro

It would be interesting to know what "those in the know" in PN Towers REALLY think of BT's DLM and the people, processes and obstacles surrounding it.   Roll_eyes
Even more, what do they do to influence BT to change it?   Lips_are_sealed
Do tell please, someone........