Re: Nobody can help

Thanks Matt, hope he knows his stuff!
Tks
Michael.
MikeyM
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Sorry but can you cancel this appointment as something has come up.
I will arrange to reschedule when I am free.
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mikey,
That's been cancelled for you, let us know when you're free and we'll book another. I do have to warn you though that it's very unlikely we'll be able to get another Saturday appointment.
MikeyM
Grafter

Matt,
Can you close this ticket for me please and cancel the pending engineer visit.
I received a call from one of your agents and he tells me that they will be trying to get my line stable at 12db and that I should not be forcing my SNR down. He told me that it may well be that my line cannot carry high speeds. With this information I am happy to carry on with what I am doing and not waste anymore of anyones time if the target is to get my line stable at 12db, that is of no use to me as this gives me 2mb speed, I can get 3.5MB doing it my way.
I will just transfer to LLU when I can for free, the DLM system is not for me.
Thanks
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MikeyM,
I'd be happy to if you wish however I can assure you while the goal at present is to get the line stable, once that's been achieved we'll be able to push to get you back to the previous speeds you were enjoying. I'd hope that the engineer visit would get your connection stable and stop the drops and once that's done we can reset the SNR and let the line retrain - hopefully with the source of interference that's causing the drops gone the line will retrain to previous levels. If not then we can push further.
I hope you're happy with the above suggestions but if not no problems - I'll go ahead and cancel the visit and close the ticket.
MikeyM
Grafter

ok mate, happy to give the engineer a chance if it will end up with me getting better speeds finally!
Ta
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much for that - we'll see how the visit goes on Saturday and take things from there, but I'll happily take ownership of this and keep you posted as to how it's going.
MikeyM
Grafter

Matt,
What did the engineer report say?
Ta
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MikeyM,
Notes are saying that a fault was rectified in the underground network and there's been a routing change, but I worry that that's a pair of automated codes added by the diagnostic team from the notes the engineer left. It does look like the connection is still intermittent following the visit so I assume your experience was not entirely like the above?
MikeyM
Grafter

Matt,
It was the same engineer as before, he called me at home and told me he would change the e side cable, was no point in him visiting the house as he had carried out all checks last time and found no fault. He called back and confirmed that he had done the switch onto the best pair he could find.
He was very decent just as he was the first time, he is limited in what he can do, except change the d side now or change the card at the exchange, not sure myself if either would help.
Appreciate your thoughts.
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well the next logical step is to check the D-side so I daresay he'll be returning soon... the other option is the lift and shift (which is as you say a move of line card). In any case both of these need to be done, if one or the other doesn't fix the fault then we're free to escalate to the complex faults team so from what I can see the best move from here is to get both of the above done and take it from there.
MikeyM
Grafter

Ok thanks Matt, I will wait on an update from you.
Kind regards
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right the clear's rejected and we need to book another appointment - slots are available on the Saturday again (19th) so we can book either the morning slot or the afternoon, whichever is easiest. If you let me know when you're available I'll get it booked and make sure notes are there for the engineer.
MikeyM
Grafter

Saturday morning is fine, They will not be coming to the house anyway so would be fine even if I wasnt there.
Tks
Michael.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm booking it now for you - just need to have it confirmed then I'll call the notes through. It may be that the engineer will visit the premises as they're supposed to test the service from there after work done - just so you're aware. It shouldn't stop the work happening if he can't get in though.