cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one on the chat online?

minidudu

No one on the chat online?

Hello,

I have been trying to connect via the chat online at multiple times of the day and each time after submiting my name, my Plussnet identification and the reason I want to speak about I end up with the following message: 
"I'm sorry, none of our Plusnet Chat teams are available right now. We're available Monday to Sunday, 07:30-22:00."

Last time I used it I think I was put in a wainting list and able to see how many peoples are ahead of me, is it not how it is supposed to be?

Anyway, the reason I'm trying to speak with someone on the chat is that I'm moving house (today, signed the least last week) and thus wanted to move my internet connection. I wanted to get a free moving by agreing to stay longer with you. 
Being French I struggle a lot on phone calls and moreover I have no credit for taxed phone calls, that's why I was hoping to do all that is necessary for moving my broadband online.

Hope a member of the team will be able to help me.

Chloé

10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No one on the chat online?

I can give you a clear answer to that - you won't like it though - you can't do that via Chat it has to be on the telephone

Note that calls to Plusnet on a Plusnet line are free

Also for a house move you need to give 2 to 3 weeks notice

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately as Oldjim states, house moves aren't possible over chat currently. This would need a call in to us, I'm sure our team will be helpful.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

That still doesn't alter the fact that Chloe was unable to connect to anyone via chat because no one was available. Both answers have avoided the question.

If so, she could have been politely told to 'phone and the reason why.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We did have people on chat at that time.

It's possible that a browser add-on (Ad-blockers, pop-up blockers etc.) could have preventing a chat from being started.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

"after submiting my name, my Plussnet identification and the reason I want to speak about I end up with the following message: 
"I'm sorry, none of our Plusnet Chat teams are available right now. We're available Monday to Sunday, 07:30-22:00."

Which indicates there were no blocks to prevent chat.

"Last time I used it I think I was put in a wainting list and able to see how many peoples are ahead of me, "

Which means she's not had a problem previously.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The actual reason is more mundane - I just checked

Taking any option except house move and you get an operator

Selecting House Move gives this

2016-06-15_152007.jpg

What it should say is that for House Moves you need to phone

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@newagetraveller My mistake. Sorry.

@Oldjim Thanks for clearing that up, we're getting that raised with the appropriate people now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

Not a problem, Harry. Smiley Jim's "sussed" it!

minidudu

Thank you for all your quick answers.

I sadly don't have a plusnet phone just a broadband, it is a shame such changes can't be made online. I'll try to find another phone to call then, I don't really care having to spend days without internet and I knew I wasn't going to have it to my new flat shortly, juste everything went so quick between signing the lease and moving into the flat.

Chloé

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It should be free to call our 0800 number (0800 432 0200) from any uk mobile or landline.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by not being able to set up a housemove online.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet