Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

FIXED
StephenF
Grafter

No internet connection

Hi,

I have been a plusnet customer for a fairly long time now and I have to say I'm pretty disgusted at the poor service I've received over the last couple of days.

I just moved house yesterday but over two weeks ago I gave plusnet notice of my intent to move and asked if my services could be switched off at my old property on 16th and switched on at the new property on 17th.

An engineer came to the new property on 16th to upgrade the line and confirmed that i was receiving 80mbs down abd 20mbps up. Having this internet up in time is a serious issue for me as i require it for my work. Ive done this sort of service transfer in the past on sceduled days so i wasnt too concerned, but i rang support yesterday to double check that everything was fine and i was assured the service would be online with no problems on 17th as initially requested.

However, yesterday the internet did not come on as promised. I called today and was told there would be no update on my line until 25th! This is unacceptable considering how long I gave you and I was assured the service would be available.

I rang again and talked to somebody called "[Removed]" who said he needed to perform a check on the line, who then put me on 'hold' only to put me back at the start of the queue!

I am infuriated right now at the lack of support from a company who I've supported and referred numerous customers too. It's not like I didn't give you plenty of notice and as I have stated I was assured multiple times that the service would be available when requested.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No internet connection

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this, it sounds like our suppliers have delayed the order. Have we advised you what the reason for that is?

I can't promise to bring the connection date any further forward but I'd like to look into this for you just to make sure we're keeping you informed correctly and so I can arrange a good will gesture once we have you online.

Mind sending me a PM with either your username or a support ticket ID?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Cheers for the DM.

Just to echo what's been mentioned in private the fibre order has actually completed so it looks like the ticket update to state otherwise was done in error.

Sorry for any confusion!

Feedback is being passed on.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note.

Thread moved to Plusnet Feedback and duplicate post removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
StephenF
Grafter

As per our private messages, this issue is still ongoing and unresolved. Pleased with the support I'm receiving from Adam but disappointed that coming to the forum is the only way to receive the proper information about my connection.

Still waiting on my connection being enabled. While happy with the feedback I'm now receiving, I'm no closer to being able to complete the work I need to, nor can I access my online banking after a house move. Asked for an estimated time that I can expect a fix yesterday but still waiting...
StephenF
Grafter

I am an idiot and plusnet is awesome.

Don't ask.