cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cashback received.

kgmck

No cashback received.

Hello all! Unfortunately i'm back here having had problems getting my cashback email. After much effort i finally received the cashback email. The email stated i would receive the cashback cheque within 30 days of activation of the link on the email. Once again the required time has past and no cheque has been issued. Anyone else been given the runaround? 
6 REPLIES 6
catelliott
Grafter

Re: No cashback received.

Hi there,
We've been having a bit of an issue with getting the cashback out, I'm really sorry for the delay, but rest assured we haven't forgotten about you, and our Marketing department are getting the cheques out ASAP Smiley
kgmck

Any company can have issues from time to time but plusnet really are not doing themeselves any favours here. The amount of excuses re failure to give new customers the promised cashback is beyond a joke!  One dept passes the issue to another with the 'hope' that that dept will resolve the issue, that's the level of 'customer service'. It's obvious that any promised cashback will be withheld for as long as possible. I will review my situation shortly.
catelliott
Grafter

I completely understand how frustrating it is, we are doing everything we can to get the cashback out as quickly as possible. We wouldn't have any reason to withhold it from you.
Selinainternet

This problem doesn't seem to be unique. It's been over a month since my account was active and still no email.
When I did chase this up, I was told an email had been sent to me on 20/01. But it most certainly had not.
The same thing happened to a friend.
It seems PlusNet are avoiding paying out or at least being very slow about it. How hard can it be to send emails to people? They seem pretty prompt at emailing when setting up your account and tying you into contracts. Not so prompt when giving promised cashback. Which is unfair as I'm sure a lot of people changed suppliers for this offer.
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: Selinainternet

It seems PlusNet are avoiding paying out or at least being very slow about it. How hard can it be to send emails to people? They seem pretty prompt at emailing when setting up your account and tying you into contracts. Not so prompt when giving promised cashback. Which is unfair as I'm sure a lot of people changed suppliers for this offer.

This is why I have decided to leave PN and refuse to pay the early termination fee. I only took the contract because of the cash-back offer which did not arrive, therefore they have failed to meet their end of the deal. I have requested a copy of the sales call just in case they try to get debt collectors / courts involved, but was told I would have to pay £10 to get a copy of the call.
If they do try to take me to court, I will insist on the sales call being played to show that they have lied. I will not accept any more of "we'll look into your account", they have had long enough and done nothing.
boacon
Grafter

This is something I am considering, this whole thing is farcical and the customer 'service' is abysmal. I am still waiting for the initial email and by the sounds of things that isn't necessarily the end of the problem.
dick:quote