cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response

bodgem
Dabbler

No Response

I raised a ticket (136356712) on the 19/10 and have added to it since.

apart from

Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.

We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

Nothing from Plusnet at all

Fault: Too many 'timed out' on the internet +  noisy phone line and Oops, something seems to have gone wrong on the phone line checker.

Whats going on?

5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No Response

What's going on is that Plusnet don't have enough staff to handle the volume of faults! Angry

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Fault-Response-Times/m-p/1380375#M133

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bodgem
Dabbler

5 working days, now 3?

19th to 30th is 11days now and they're still posting those TV adverts

When I last tried Chat was not available,  phone helpline was number unobtainable ( my phone line fault?) then too long a wait.

Do I have to write a letter

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the delay in picking that ticket up, I can't see why it's not been dealt with and it appears to have fallen through the cracks.

I've tested your line and can't see any issues at all.

Your line is very stable:

You're connected at the speeds I'd expect:
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 54.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
As you haven't disconnected for so long, that would be the first thing I suggest, a single disconnect/reconnect and see what the speeds are looking like.

Is the noise always present on our phone line? If so we should investigate that rather than a fault on the fibre service.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bodgem
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

The phone line is excellent today only very quiet crackle if I listen carefully, I had many calls where I have had to ask people to repeat as the noise drowns out conversation. Its been dry the last few days which possibly indicates a water problem rather than the periodic failure due to breakage in the overhead line.

My connection speed is mostly around what you've measured although it went down to around 8 download for a short while.

The issue is with the large number of website connections that are failing which appears as time out in firefox or Hmm, we can’t reach this page.in Edge

For some reason my original statement of the problem in the help assistant is missing.

bodgem
Dabbler

Forgot to include:

I'm now guessing that there are 2 unconnected issues here