cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Engineer - Internet problems since 4th Aug

Topcy
Dabbler

No Engineer - Internet problems since 4th Aug

I reported a problem with my internet on the 4.8.15. It still has not been resolved.  A broadband engineer came on the 17.8.15 and rectified a fault on the line.  However within 30 mins of him leaving the internet kept droping.  I was then told I needed a telephone engineer who was booked for this morning.  Received a call at 12.30 to say the engineeer was unable to keep the appointment.  They now say they will come on 21.8.15.  I am disgusted at the length of time it has taken Plusnet to resolve this problem.  How long do you expect your customers to sit around waiting for an engineer to actually turn up?  It  will be nearly 3 weeks at least before is repaired and that is if an engineer actually turns up Crazy
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No Engineer - Internet problems since 4th Aug

Hi Topcy,
Some faults do take longer to resolve than others, I'm sorry this particular one has become protracted all the same.
Allow me to apologise too for the fact that Openreach cannot attend today, I'm glad you received a call to let you know but I will feed this back to them as it's unacceptable.
Please let me know how things go on the 21st via this thread so I can make sure we expedite anything we can and make sure you get looked after.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Topcy
Dabbler

How do I know whether the engineer will actually turn up on the 21.8.15? Crazy
Topcy
Dabbler

Compensation

As you would charge me £50 if I cancel the engineer's appointment with 48hrs.  I take it you will credit me £50 my accout as the engineer cancelled the appointment at 12.30 on the day when my appointment was between 8-1pm
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Compensation

In all honesty we don't do that as no such agreement is made prior to us booking the engineer.
I'm obviously aware of the issue arisen already as per http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142938.msg1260320.html#msg1260320
Do bear in mind we don't see missed appointment fee if it's charged to a customer and also that I will make sure we look after you in light of the issues so far.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

All I can advise is for you to take our booking as confirmation.
I genuinely hope there are no issues on the day and the very best I can offer which I hope is enough is to give this my attention on Friday so I can jump straight on this if there are any further problems (which I sincerely hope not and really don't expect.)
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@topcy
Have a read of your legal rights at this well respected consumer website
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
especially the section "Get compensation for extra time taken off work"
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Shame Adam has made no mention of the compensation Plusnet get from OpenReach for missed appointments!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Topcy
Dabbler

Second BT engineer carried  out all the necessary checks and did not find any problems.  His only suggestion was that the router should be replaced as the problem is nothting to do with BT line. Crazy
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see we've ordered you a new router.
Let us know how you get on.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Topcy
Dabbler

Finally the problem is resolved - but did take a rather long time 20 days - but at least it is working ok.  Thanks for your help anyway Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's resolved Topcy.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Topcy
Dabbler

Unfortunately having closed my question this morning I have now had interrupted internet this afternoon.  Now trying to make contact with your support team on the phone...... Crazy
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see it's gone back to our Faults team.
We'll pick it up as soon as we can.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team