cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nighthawk : Trying to get a line & broadband.

Nighthawk4

Nighthawk : Trying to get a line & broadband.

I ordered this afternoon and everything seemed very positive.
This evening I received an email saying there was a problem with my order. When I checked on the Help Website, there is a Support Ticket which says my order has been cancelled!!
Not exactly as the guy on the adverts promises.
It seems I am stuck with my current provider. Hope they pay the Initial Payment back.  Sad
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) changed topic title
14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Trying to get a line & broadband.... NIGHTMARE!

Hi Nighthawk,
Welcome to the forums.  Unfortunately the automated systems can be a bit brash in their communication.  This will be BTOR cancelling the service for some internal technical reason.  This is a cancellation between BTOR and PlusNET, not you and PlusNET.  You will have to await an update from provisioning after they have investigated the reason for the cancellation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Re: Trying to get a line & broadband.... NIGHTMARE!

Mod:note
Split topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Nighthawk4

Re: Nighthawk : Trying to get a line & broadband.

I don't understand. Does this mean the change to Plusnet will still go ahead as agreed yesterday?
I just logged in again to the Member Centre and it doesn't say anything about being cancelled.
Mystified  Sad
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Trying to get a line & broadband.... NIGHTMARE!

Quote from: Townman
This will be BTOR cancelling the service for some internal technical reason.

Or BT Wholesale...
I would be interested in the reason - 'internal techincal' isn't too likely.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@nighthawk4
I wouldn't sit back and wait. Start chasing Plusnet today and ask what is going on. And then continue chasing until it is completed.
Unfortunately Plusnet have issues with communicating with the customers about the progress of orders. It is the most common reason for people to post in these forums.
Never assume it is going to plan, you will have to ask them.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Andy,
Agreed!  Sought to avoid simply say "BT issue" as for those who do not understand the complexity of the BT organisation, that could have been read as to include PlusNET and "why don't they just get it all sorted".
As for "technical" I intended that to cover any internal process or procedural (non)issues, not specifically engineering issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: georgelnx
Unfortunately Plusnet have issues with communicating with the customers about the progress of orders.

To be fair, PlusNET has issues in obtaining accurate and timely infirmation from their suppliers (BT Wholesale and Openreach) about the progress of orders, so that PlusNET can communicate clearly with the customer.  Right now I'm holding tight for an update from PlusNET which will clarify if BTOR's DSO (their esclations team) have been telling PlusNET blantent lies for weeks now on the provision of a business line.
Yes PlusNET does have its faults, but in my experience the bulk of the problem is BT Wholesale and Openreach.

Nighthawk4

I have chased them up first thing this morning. They assured me they were placing the order manually and would confirm when done - nothing more yet.  Undecided
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at the account and we need to place the order manually, basically when we're trying to place the order via the normal automated methods the address is being rejected. It's with our orders team and they'll confirm when your order(s) have been placed and when they are due for.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Carl192

Chris,
While you're at it how about checking my order too. I'm getting sick and tired of "Can't do" messages and want a "Can do", or very soon it will be Au Revoir PlusNet, thanks for nothing.
Regards
Carl
Nighthawk4

Quote from: Chris
I've just had a look at the account and we need to place the order manually, basically when we're trying to place the order via the normal automated methods the address is being rejected. It's with our orders team and they'll confirm when your order(s) have been placed and when they are due for.

Thanks Chris.
How can I contact the right people please?
I might be able to help with the address issue - it is a common problem when systems use a Post Code Lookup.
Edit - I posted more information on the Support Ticket. Hope this helps.
Nighthawk4

Incidentally, the prices quoted in Products and Services on my account are significantly more than I was quoted when I placed the order - not just taking the special offer into account.
Those lower prices were the reason I decided to change to Plusnet. If it actually going to cost more then I might as well stay with my existing Supplier  Sad
This process is going really well so far  Roll_eyes
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

You have qualified for the discounts that you have signed up for, and this will reflect on your bill so don't worry.
I have also been able to successfully place your order, so we are back on track. I'll update the ticket to reflect this. Let me know if there's any further problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nighthawk4

Thanks Matty - much appreciated  Smiley

Edit - Ticket updated. Thanks again.
*taps foot and checks watch every few seconds*  Cool