cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

I was going to put in a don't care option but that simply leads to confusion, I think this question needs to have a definitive Yes or No.
I have also 'hidden' the results until the poll expires, simply to prevent votes being cast based on a preferred outcome.
101 REPLIES 101
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

Just as a bit of background:
Quote from: Liam

I understand your concerns around opening it up to non Plusnet customers, however, there's some context that needs to be considered:
1. We won't be communicating the removal of this feature so I wouldn't expect a massive influx
2. We've spoken to lots of Lithium customers - particularly other Telco's - and not one has reported non customers as causing issues so we can have some confidence with that
3. The long term plan is to reinstate the account link with Lithium but to make it better IE single sign on. Not confirmed yet but it's certainly part of the grand plan!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that the existing forum board areas should be open to non-customers (for posting).
Therefore I vote 'NO'.
However I would support having a NEW 'non-customer' board added which was open to everyone.
So I'm not entirely against the idea, so long as access is restricted to specific boards.
Chris
Legend

I appreciate the suggestions but this isn't feasible, locking the signup or specific boards to Plusnet customers isn't something we're able to do, especially at launch.
Other telco communities are open to all already and they don't see a large number of non-customer posts.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

For those who, like me,  previously unaware of the coming change, read the announcement here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
Other telco communities are open to all already and they don't see a large number of non-customer posts.

So there is little advantage in allowing non-customers to post !  Crazy
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It's a bit chicken and egg, if you are thinking of moving then looking at the new isp's forum is a good move. If you can't access it, bad, but if it is open to all then Huh Open for viewing is fine.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Look at the BT forums  Undecided
They're open to non BT customers and seems to be a mess all over the shop  Lips_are_sealed
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a bit of background:
Quote from: Liam

I understand your concerns around opening it up to non Plusnet customers, however, there's some context that needs to be considered:
1. We won't be communicating the removal of this feature so I wouldn't expect a massive influx
2. We've spoken to lots of Lithium customers - particularly other Telco's - and not one has reported non customers as causing issues so we can have some confidence with that
3. The long term plan is to reinstate the account link with Lithium but to make it better IE single sign on. Not confirmed yet but it's certainly part of the grand plan!

1. If this feature is not being 'advertised' then it's pointless. But news travels fast on the internet.
2. Fair enough, we do not have the information you have, so only time will tell.
3. A single sign on, as useful as it is, can have serious repercussions if the data is compromised allowing direct access to account data held on Plusnet. You only need to think of TalkTalk.
Of course the question has to be asked of Plusnet, is this poll worth the HTML it's written in? That is, if the consensus of the vote is NO would Plusnet abide by the wishes of the users and make the new service private?
Chris
Legend

That is, if the consensus of the vote is NO would Plusnet abide by the wishes of the users and make the new service private?

I appreciate the suggestions but this isn't feasible, locking the signup or specific boards to Plusnet customers isn't something we're able to do, especially at launch.

Unfortunately it's not something we're able to do.
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I  voted NO the forum should be there to sort out issues that happen on Plusnet ,I dont think it would be fair to Plusnet users to clutter the forum with questions about PN service from those whos isp is elsewhere,  I think its fine to let others see whats on the forum but thats it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough Chris thanks for the reply. Having said what you have I'll edit the poll to show the results albeit somewhat redundant.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Unfortunately it's not something we're able to do

I would guess this is all no more than a buck passing exercise.
As in we want a forum but let someone else run it.
Of course it's a no as there is no other sensible answer.
But it's already a done deal so the underlying answer from Plusnet is tough live with it.
This has happened on other sites I've been with and the result is never an improvement by any stretch of the imagination.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Mook
I was going to put in a don't care option but that simply leads to confusion, I think this question needs to have a definitive Yes or No.
I have also 'hidden' the results until the poll expires, simply to prevent votes being cast based on a preferred outcome.
Have you? Ihave XRay eyes then. Wink
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
NedLudd
Grafter

Question: Do you think Plusnet should make the new Community Site open to Non Plusnet Members(Voting closes: 26/02/2016, 11:09)

I voted 'Yes' to this question but then I find elsewhere that outsiders will be able to post!! That, I don't agree with.
Please change my vote to 'No'.
Geoff,
York.