Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New Plusnet Community Open to All Vote

Quote from: Terranova667
Hmm so if the new forums are no longer linked to accounts that's going to mean CRT wont be able to help with Plusnet Profile change requests etc because they wont know the account that the Forum poster belongs to, so that's another option that Customers had taken away or will they have some other option to know which account belongs to the forum poster  

This consequences was extensively discussed by the focus group; there will be no tie-in to the CRM system at go live.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Townman
For me the really sad thing here is that PlusNet is not listening to the wants of the customer base on ANYTHING

Because that has been true for the last couple of years, my heart sunk on reading the first sentence of Chris's announcement -
Quote from: Chris
I’m very, very excited to finally announce that over the next few weeks, we’ll be migrating the Plusnet Community to a brand new home

- my immediate thought was are they about to ruin the last remaining good thing that Plusnet has,  and sure enough they are determined to alienate their most loyal customers who have frequented this forum for years.
Is the Plusnet management mad ?,  why can't they make this forum BETTER, not morphed into being the same as every other forum.
Well done Plusnet, don't mind what we think, carry on and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs !
Angry
I wonder if Chris is still
Quote from: Chris
I’m very, very excited ...

because the majority of forum members aren't !
Crazy

You would think that updating the forum should have been a good thing, and that forum members should have been happy with this news.  But the reality is that everything that Plusnet has done over the past few years has been either unnecessary or a retrograde step, so it is no surprise that there is so much hostility being expressed about the replacement forum.
Why doesn't Plusnet listen to what the forum members and other customers want, and create some new worthwhile products and features (e.g. IPv6, FTTC 55/10 and 40/10),  so that we want to stay with a forward looking company, rather than watching the once excellent service being continually eroded, and so often making us think is this the last straw which makes us look elsewhere for our internet services.
Cry
Anon
Pro

This forum has never been moderated by Plusnet staff and as an ex moderator I can definitely state that you are talking rubbish

You are right if you mean these new forums started about 2007, but before that date PN forums were moderated by PN staff as well as puppet moderators who were customers. Staff frequently blocked forum access. Tell us where the old forum threads are and I will find the evidence of those statements.
I started it when I realised there wasn't a lot of support being shown for the new forum being public

Please don't be afraid of these forums going public, potential customers are far more likely yo find them, far more likely to ask if PN is any good and we can tell them, that is if they get passed the pages and pages of complaints that mostly make up these forums.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

under Archive
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the consensus is that Plusnet aren't really listening to their customers what about someone creating a Poll listing a collection of 'wants' such as IPv6, SSL on Webmail etc., and give each user three votes to allow them to select the three options they deem most important. Ideally this would be a sticky poll so it didn't get lost in the forum. For the record the reason I am not doing the poll is that there are longer serving and far wiser people here who have more insight into what is needed / wanted.
Once voting is over it should be 'presented' to Plusnet for their comment on the outcome. Even if some of the options are tied Plusnet would have a better understanding of what the customers that voted really wanted; how, when or if they chose to implement them would tell us, the customer, what we need to know.
Of course when I mean comment I mean something along the lines of :

Option A - Implementation within 6 Month
Option B - Second Q 2017
Option C - Unable to implement due to XXXXX
etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Anon
I started it when I realised there wasn't a lot of support being shown for the new forum being public

Please don't be afraid of these forums going public, potential customers are far more likely yo find them, far more likely to ask if PN is any good and we can tell them, that is if they get passed the pages and pages of complaints that mostly make up these forums.

They are readable and searchable by the public now, the issue really was down to the fact that Non Plusnet customers could post and as a consequence of this could lead to all manner of issues from trolling, viruses, spam etc, and be a nightmare for the moderators if this privilege got out of control. With that said it would appear that this may not be an issue after all, but of course that remains to be seen.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mook,
One way or another it's all been done before.  When Andy Baker first arrived, back in the good old days of DCT who seemed to listen and act in response (before they were gagged) we were asked to suggest what should be his top five priorities.  Lots of good ideas were suggested.  I recall repeatedly asking what has been done with that list - the response was familiar - We've not had time to work on it.
Since when, DCT has gone.  Though a number of the good guys are still present in CRT, it is evident that they work under a very different (closed) management style.  They are more guarded in what they say and are clearly influenced by marketing in how they articulate what they do say.
The reason I remain with PlusNet is because of the when things do go wrong, I know how to get them addressed, though this forum if other channels do not work.  It's not all bad by any means, just that it is not the really great place this used to be.  There is no doubt that there are difficulties, what's needed is people who can fix the causes, not people who 'fix' the systems which manage the symptoms.  If the causes were addressed, you'd not need to invest in the symptom / consequential issue management space.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately PN do not do dates for updates or fixes , as had been said previously  Lips_are_sealed
MOOK i would say PN answer t any question would be " Comercially sensitive " so cant say anythiing  Lips_are_sealed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: w23
AFAIK ex-customers can still post here, I believe several do and generally keep to the rules.
Unless something has changed that is probably correct.
I had a lengthy "break" from being a PlusNet customer (for good technical reasons now no longer relevant) and maintained my membership here throughout.
Not least because I had several referrals (and made more) and a hope/intention to return when possible, which I did when the services I needed became available.
I found access to the forums during my absence very helpful in assisting my referrals, most of whom were far from IT-literate.  Lips_are_sealed
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your responses (Townman and rongtw) are exactly why I didn't do the poll idea, as I knew someone would know better, but it's a sad indictment on Plusnet to ignore customer requests. Don't get me wrong, I love Plusnet and have no axe to grind whatsoever and I would still recommend them in a heartbeat. Although I've only been a customer for a couple of years I came here on a recommendation but in that short time I have noticed a marked change in service levels. But hey, it can only get better, can't it!
Anon
Pro

under Archive

ROFLAO
Started to have a look, went for lunch, now all gone. What do PN staff want to keep secret???
I do have some telling emails from Dave Tomlinson discussing the future of moderation though from 2005, wonder what they will do if I publish them?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

what do you mean all gone
they are still all there including the ones where a number of posters had their Plusnet accounts cancelled which was nothing to do with the moderators
Anon
Pro

They are now, maybe I have a right to be paranoid where PN are concerned. I will consider if it is ethical to post private emails by PN staff on here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I suggest you read the rules unless of course you want to be banned  Crazy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have been happy to be with PN for the last 6 years , But am a bit peeved that they do ignore their long time customers  Shocked and their promises to get better are all in vain .
Going by my own personal experiences a open to All forum is a bad idea  Sad
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .