cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PlusNet customer : Well done!

SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Having been with TalkTalk for several years, due to they totally rubbish customer service, and a stuck order for nearly a year (Yes, I was "Sludge Island Grinch" on their forum, but PN's forum will not allow the full username!), I decided mid-August to ditch them at the end of my 18 month contract, and try PlusNet.  Despite it taking nearly 6 weeks for my phone service to transfer over (TT would not process the cease order), I have been kept updated at regular intervals along the way by PN.  My phone transferred over seemlessly to PN last Friday. Well done PlusNet!
I was told that my broadband would not be live until 8th October.  Just out of curiosity, I swiched on my router this morning, and lo and behold, it connected.  Nice and fast too!  2 days early.Well done again PlusNet. 
The only problem I've had is that I am without free voicemail, which I requested.  Phone was answered witin 30 seconds, as always, by PN customer services, and I was advised that TalkTalk had not removed their own "call mapping" from the line.
Well done, PlusNet!  Full marks so far for the transfer of my service.  My only gripes:  6 weeks to transfer the service, and lack of voicemail.  Pretty excellent service!
20 REPLIES 20
TicnTac
Grafter

Re: New PlusNet customer : Well done!

Welcome to the Plusnet Forum (I get prodded if I don't put that first)  Wink
Not to distract from the nice positive feedback here, but when I first saw the title

I thought "yikes"  Shocked there is soon going to be thousands of topics for every new Plusnet customer signing up on here  Grin Plusnet gets a new customer "well done"  Roll_eyes
It is nice to know that with the negative comments from a lot of new signups there is, what maybe light at the end of tunnel for those who transfer over without too much of a problem! It is also nice to have some good feedback, people like me are terrible at putting Plusnet and BT in a negative light  Roll_eyes Grin
I hope your service continues to be good, enjoy the forum, it's loadsa fun  Wink
Lynda
Grafter

NOW I'm bothered !!  I did mine on Monday by phone but I've heard nothing from them so I hope they're not going to dick about with my line. My 18 months is up 14th October. I never had a proper caller display the whole 18 months and it drove me nuts-and was enough for me to cancel.
I have had one phonecall from Plusnet I missed but got a message and one or two emails on order day but nothing since Monday so I hope it's all going through alright. You've got me worried a lot now !!
Good to hear you're all sorted and free of them !
Cheers,
Lynda
Undecided
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Lynda.  I would imagine your problem with Caller Display on TT was that you had a one line display on your phone.  Caller display take up two lines.  One being info such as "number" and the other ebing the number of the caller.  TT for some reason displays line 2 first, so all you get is "Number".  The first line of text actually shows the number.  I had to buy a new phone, with a 2 line display before I could get proper caller diaplay.  Now my line is back to the BT system, it shows it the other way round- ie, the number first.  Odd, but that seems to be the problem with TT's CLI.  You can by a gadget off e-bay to plug into the phone socket, and it shows you the number of the person calling.  That will work on TT!
Not that you'll need it if you're going to PN!
Good luck!
mafoo271

Hi there I have just become a PlusNet customer and I have to say I am very pleased with the service been provided. There is a clear view on my usage so I can keep track 24 hours a day, I am really happy with the service thankyou guys.
Lynda
Grafter

I just  looked and mine is a one line display-however, all my phone ever said (apart from a brief 2 weeks it worked properly) was External.....which was as good as uselss. It said that even if was a number I had saved on the handset. So this was no good at all.
Cheers, Lynda XX
Roll_eyes
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Lynda.  Exactly the problem I had 5 years ago when I signed up to TT.  "External" is the 2nd line of the display after the number on a BT line, or the 1st line, before the number on a TT line.  A one line display only displays the 1st line, therefore all you see is "External".  I had to buy a new phone, with a 2 line display then it worked fine.  Now I'm back to BT, it is the other way round again.  BTW, still very impressed with PN despite no voicemail still. 
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Anyway.........    All PlusNet services up and running, including voicemail and CLI.  It took a long time, but was worth it in the end.  Again, well done PlusNet.  What a breath of fresh air your customer service is after the rubbish from the "other lot!" 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sludgeisland,
Thanks a lot for an insightful account of your initial dealings with us, I'm glad everything went to plan. Lead times are something we're working on with our suppliers.
Lynda,
Please give me a shout if you're still having problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lynda
Grafter

Thanks Adam-I'm cut off as of today from TalkTalk-broadband for sure but I won't know till I get home whether it's thep hone too so I'm relying on yuo guys now NOT to 'do a TalkTalk' and make me wait 10 weeks....
Cheers, Lynda~
Cry
Lynda
Grafter

Quote from: SludgeIsland
Hi Lynda.  Exactly the problem I had 5 years ago when I signed up to TT.  "External" is the 2nd line of the display after the number on a BT line, or the 1st line, before the number on a TT line.  A one line display only displays the 1st line, therefore all you see is "External".  I had to buy a new phone, with a 2 line display then it worked fine.  Now I'm back to BT, it is the other way round again.  BTW, still very impressed with PN despite no voicemail still. 

How odd-it worked fine when I had a BT line too so should be OK for Plusnet too-thanks for that........nice they never told me that in 18 months-fools.
Good to hear you're up 'n' running-I'm offline now and fed up !!
Cheers, Lynda X
Lynda
Grafter

Quote from: SludgeIsland

My phone service went live yesterday and no caller display again-just that EXTERNAL thing again. I'll be cancelling unless it can be sorted as this is the main reason I've signed up here. I'm beyond angry and frustrated right now..they're looking into it but I feel like it's a totally soul-destroying position I'm in right now. There's little point going forward with the broadband order unless the CD is resolved for me.
Cheers,
Lynda~
Angry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you asked for caller display, and it takes a couple of days after phone installed to get it working, but it does work
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi Lynda,
I've had a look at your account and your order in our suppliers system.  We've definitely sent an order for Caller Display, but it hasn't activated on your account yet.  I've got someone keeping an eye on it to make sure it does activate properly. 
Don't worry, we'll make sure you get Caller Display Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Lynda
Grafter

Hehehe....I HAVE it !!! It's working !! I don't know I've been born-I'm that excited to see it work once more !!
Thanks everso much, foks.
Have a good weekend,
Lynda X
Grin