cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Help and Support Pages

GreenGiant
Grafter

Re: New Help and Support Pages

Yes as you say Jim, up to the top, scroll down and enter the box and type, browse and attach, click add comment and it rejects both text and pic. Works ok if only text is added, has been working ok before changes! IE8.
Bob.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Steve
Yip as I said In my thread yesterday Its much better and 100% less confusing, I really like it, BUT how do you close a question?
Two ways apparently
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hmmn Your first screenshot I only have View, No close next to It will try the other way.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can't close tickets if we've raised them manually from here, that might be why you haven't got the close link next to it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That's the reason then chris, Cheer's for that, Adam did open said ticket manually, Oldjim I attached 2 screenshot's in other post but it's irrelevant now.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Be3G
Grafter

I like the changes too – I don't even mind the green, in fact I much prefer it to the pink that adorns the majority of Plusnet's websites. I'm not sure I'm keen on the hovering menus though; I always dislike them on websites because they're not great in terms of usability. Problem is, it's difficult for me to explain why… but I'll try:
Let's imagine that I want to view my closed questions. I've arrived at the new help and support ‘hub’, and I whizz my mouse pointer over to ‘Help Assistant’ in the menu on the left. My pointer lands towards the left end of that menu item – e.g. over the word ‘Help’. The ‘Got a question?’ hovering menu appears, and right at the bottom is a link to ‘View all my questions’. Perfect! I start moving my pointer in the direction of that link. However, very quickly that hovering menu disappears and I find myself looking at the ‘Service Status’ hovering menu instead. Why? Because my direct path between ‘Help Assistant‘ and ‘View all my questions’ meant I rolled over the ‘Service Status’ menu option beneath it. What I should have done, of course, is manœuvred my pointer precisely to the right from above the word ‘Help’ until I reached ‘Got a question?’, at which point I would then change direction to move down the hovering window to get to the link I want.
I always find that to be a very frustrating usability issue on websites. If I'm in a rush, I'll not infrequently take the direct path with my mouse pointer without giving it a moment's consideration, then the menu I wanted will disappear and I'll get annoyed. I also suspect that it could trip up people who aren't so used to computers; people who, let's face it, probably constitute a fair proportion of Plusnet's customers these days.
Two other things:

• I'm concerned about the legibility of the text in the hovering menus. It appears to be some kind of purple-ish colour over quite a dark grey; fine, no doubt, for someone with good vision and a good monitor… but I wouldn't be surprised if some people have a problem with it, for example if their monitor defaults to a low brightness (by which I don't mean illumination), and they've never bothered to change it.

• Why not pre-populate the ‘Closed Questions within date range’ fields with actual dates? I would suggest something like from six months ago to the current day. It will be no more inconvenient for someone to change the dates if they're not suitable, but if they are suitable, you've just saved that person a bit of clicking.

P.S. During the writing of those two above points, I ran in the mouse-direction problem I'd spent a while describing. It seems the human brain – or mine at least – really isn't used to picking out a specific path to get from one link to another.
GreenGiant
Grafter

If anyone from Plusnet is about,.......... do you have any comments or help to offer please on my previous question of my inability to add a jpg to a question or is it a case of installing another browser as I really need to be able to do this?
Regards, Bob.
magnetism2772
Grafter

the outlay of the main  page and  follow on pages  looks great and the new  choice of colour looks really good
its very neat and tidy  well organised  and I like this colour green  better
artmo
Aspiring Champion

A job well done guys, thank you Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all, just wanted to confirm that we've got a problem raised on the ticket attachments that we're investigating now. I'll make sure you're kept posted on how that's going.
GreenGiant
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Long time no talk, thanks for investigating for me.
I did eventually with the help of Riyaz get a new line fitted to the pole and all is now much improved, if only we could get it hold on the 6db profile I'd be a very happy chappie indeed!
The other comment about that page is it didn't seem to like apostrophes either [neither do I, I can't seem to spell them!], see open question no 33815388, right down at the bottom, it's a loooooooong way down!!
Regards, Bob.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

My Questions not working properly

Trying to open a question with an attached image file didn't work, so I decided to resend the query and send the image file on later.
Two things wrong
1) All apostrophes are now showing as \\' in the question I sent, as viewed in 'My Questions'
and
2) whatever format screenshot file I try to send - tiff, jpg, png, gif - I get an error message that something is wrong with the file and it cannot be uploaded. Smallest file I tried was 57kb and I'm sure I've sent larger files through before.
Hope this isn't the start of Mac or Firefox incompatibility!

And another thing, trying a date search on the New Improved 'My Questions', I used the 'helpful' calendar to choose dates, so was surprised to get an error message for that too. It said:
Sorry, but something isn't right
Please use a date to search from in a 2 digit format, e.g. DD/MM/YY
Please use a date to search to in a 2 digit format, e.g. DD/MM/YY
Hmmmm. If so, then why does the 'useful calendar' not give the dates in that format rather than giving a 4 digit year? Not impressed with this new system though might have been if it worked properly.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
bobp
Grafter

Small problem with viewing my closed questions. If I want to enter my own dates 'Choose dates' buttons enter the wrong format.
bobp
JamesMichell
Dabbler

Re: My Questions not working properly

Yes, I agree. Can't upload files and apostrophe doesn't work.
SparckZero
Grafter

So....what's a "Service Notifce"?  Wink