Did you mean: 

New Customer: Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

FIXED
devonlicious
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New Customer: Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

As a New Customer to Plus Net,

I can only admit that deciding to use this telecomunications provider as my preferred choice may turn out to be a horrible mistake.

I will keep you updated on the outcome of my complaint.

I have had a response and offer from my first ask but i cannot for the life of me understand how i can be brushed off with a £26 Good Will Gesture .

Briefly without going into huge amounts of details, my phone was playing up and my situation was dire , i made 2 phone calls to Customer Support , it was the second one that just tookme into deep despair whilst my need was urgent , my loving Father was dying in Hospital 23,000 miles away in Australia, my family were all there, the sheer frustration of not being able to use my phone was so awful.

The phone conversation with the Customer Care Person (i wont name him now) was something that was traumastising, and i wasleft in a phone conversation being shouted over continually until I actually broke down in distress and began to weep like a child, I was now begging this guy to STOP shouting at me my repeated words were PLEASE STOP NOW, again and again , he did not listen, he would not allow me to speak to a superviser or another member of staff but insisted he was perfectly right to shout over me, blame me for my distress , he did not seem to care of the distress I was with at a time my loving Dad was about to pass away.

For the distress and the emotional rollercoaster ride this staff member took me on led me to swearing at him and throwing the phone down .

He was going to terminate my call anyway.

I lost the plot.

If this is any indication of who and what Plus net are about when it comes to Customer Care I am not sure i want to continue with it.

Good Will gestures on this occassion are so inappropriate and £26 .00 laughable if i could first wipe away the tears while i am reminded of what occured whan seeking urgent assitance .

Im now escualting my complaint, but i am more resingned to the approach that I may now have to take this complaint not only to offcom but more than likely down a legal route.

Sadly my Father dies a few hours later that day.

PJ

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed topic title to reflect issue.

12 REPLIES 12
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: New Customer: Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post moved to its own thread for better visibility and title changed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Is PN in Meltdown ,,, this makes awfull reading

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's when I read things like this I know I got out at the right time!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this account is true regarding this member of Plusnet staff, (remembering that there are of course two sides to any story,) then in the light of what you say this person should be outside on the street spinning on his bum, like something out of a cartoon.

Individuals like that are not what Plusnet need when they have more than enough metaphorical fire fighting to contend with, and someone like this alienating customers is simply fanning those flames. Shocking.

alanf
Aspiring Pro

Shocking to read (though not having heard the other side of the story).

As well as the "good will gesture" did you not receive an apology or a promise of action of any kind? What outcome are you seeking in escalating the complaint or going down the legal route? Insensitivity is not a crime and you say "Good Will gestures on this occassion are so inappropriate". I would not expect an employer to inform a customer if as the result of a complaint a member of staff had been retrained, disciplined or dismissed.

However distressing the situation nothing anyone could have done would have fixed a phone fault on the same day.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Don't worry ,, as PN will soon be here and say Their famous Sorry for your experience Embarrassed

BUT even 1 complaint is 1 complaint too many PN really need to get themselves sorted , and NOT with just promises

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @devonlicious

I'm incredibly sorry to hear of the experience you've had and I'd like to offer my sincere condolences for the passing of your Farther.

I understand a colleague from our complaints team has taken ownership of this matter and if I heard correctly, they got off the phone with you a few minutes ago.

While we unfortunately can't go back and change what has happened, I do hope your complaint case handler can do enough to try and put this right.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
devonlicious
Dabbler

Fix

Thank You kindly for your response Harry at Plus Net.

You are quite correct in saying that a Member of your Management Team [removed] has indeed been on the phone to me this morning.

The phone call brought me to tears but this time for good reason .

I do feel that the Management have taken my complaint very seriously and am also to say I now do have confidence to believe that this type of situation will not be allowed to happen again.

Losing our loved ones in our family is such a traumatic experience for us all as adults , our parents might be of a good age but even still seeing them come to that turning point in their lives  and at the point where they have to leave our lifetime, will always bring out the child in us all.

I appreciate the offer of compensation and have accepted what [removed] was kind enough to of thought through there before making the call to me this morning.

I have had the remaining balance of my massive phone bill which was hugely made up by calling my Father almost daily on his mobile the weeks leading up to his passing on the 4th December.

I have been offered a generous cash gift in time for Christmas which certainly goes a long way while alone here in my new town where I moved to and not having anyone to share Christmas with and trying to accept that my loving Dad has now gone, I would like to express my sincere thanks for Plus Net Management in this extra offer.

And then to my surprise I am told by [removed] in the phone conversation that I can also expect a Christmas Hamper Delivery to my home.

Wow, with this news and being with my own chronic health needs I was able to jump out of bed and get dressed and come outside and to start to enjoy what is left in this day where I feel like I have been blessed and thought of in a compassionate, human and caring way .

It is easy for us all to make mistakes , its sometime much harder to admit we are wrong and then make every effort to make sincere amends for the impact that may of occurred due to the situation.

And to my surprise even as I sit at the PC here writing this note of appreciation I have just had one more phone call from [removed] at Plus Net another Manager in the Communications teams who again felt it right to phone me and again apologise.

So with much gracious thanks for the solid actions that have now been taken through the Management I can now lay my case to rest and be free to have the best possible Christmas .

I would like to think that I may have the opportunity to enjoy the Christmas Hamper with a stranger who themselves have no one to enjoy Christmas with.

Giving has always been a part of my life and values and to share such a gift of Christmas goodies with a lonely stranger could be the beginning of a great lasting friendship.

Thank you Kindly Plus Net Management for the sincere actions that go to prove things can be made so right while as humans we all are prone to making some pretty awful mistakes.

Happy Christmas to all the Staff and management at Plus Net and to all those who read this forum.

Phil M.

Tiverton, Devon.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed to an area visible to staff as per Forum rules

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Nice to read you had a great outcome 😎
But still in my view this should have not been allowed to get this far

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Great to read that there was a happy ending to this sorry story.  How much quicker, cheaper, and more favourable it would have been for PN to have dealt with this appropriately at the start.

@alanf, in my experience companies typically say, "training will be given" or "the employee no longer works for us"; I've never seen any evidence of the former ever having happened, and you have to put your own interpretation on the latter, i.e. was he/she dismissed, did they resign, come to a sticky end etc?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It's a heartening tale of PlusNet doing the right thing ... however they should never have got it that wrong in the first place.

@devonlicious - hope you had an enjoyable Christmas.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

devonlicious
Dabbler

At the End of the Day
They did the Right Thing for me.