cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never using Plusnet again

NeutrinoSunset

Never using Plusnet again

Reported an intermittent fault on May 3rd, (the same fault that I've reported on at least 4 separate occasions in the last 12 months and which has never been fixed).

Only action taken to send an engineer who is not authorised to actually fix anything, only to see whether he can identify a fault (which he can't).

Internet went right down the toilet 3 days ago, zero upload speed ping anything up to 2500.

Reported same issue again.

3 days later still no Internet and not a peep from Plusnet about what they are going to do to fix it.

Only contact from Plusnet is a bill for a service that hasn't worked reliably in as long as I can remember.

Internet has been unusable all evening.

Been on the phone to them just now. 40 minutes to even answer the £$%*ing phone.

We will be moving house soon.

There is no way, ever in this lifetime, that I will ever use Plusnet again.

10 REPLIES 10
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Never using Plusnet again

Click appropriate link below.
Also check if phone line is noisy; if so, that needs sorting first, which
may or not be provided by PN.
NeutrinoSunset

Thanks but I've tried different routers, microfilters, cables and PCs. The problem isn't my end.

When I call support they can see that the line is misbehaving, but I don't think they have anyone there who knows enough to be able to work out whether the problem is between the backbone and the exchange box, or on my line from the exchange box to my house.

If they are confident the system up to the exchange box is sound then they should have replaced the line to the house by now. This has been going on for over a year.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You can always us CHAT as alternative to long waits on phone; you'll need to turn off any browser pop up blocker for it to work.

You didn't respond to noisy phone line query (test via BT's Quiet Line Test number); if you don't use landline buy a handset

so you can test line quality.

Openreach can take an age to replace faulty cable, but they have the monopoly of course and other ISP's have same grief

using their equipment/infrastructure.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @NeutrinoSunset,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an intermittent fault, these are often the most difficult to diagnose promptly. 

We have updated your fault ticket here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Never using Plusnet again ... but this is clearly a BT Openreach provided, managed and serviced line issue. You could change ISPs as often as you like but it will be the same line and the same BT engineers servicing it. Intermittent faults are by definition hard to resolve for invariably when attended to ... there’s no fault to be found ... to repair.

Have you followed the fault checkers? See links below.

Have you listened to the phone line for noise? Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded handset.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, but it all depends on how the fault is dealt with by the service provider, i.e. Plusnet and how tenacious PN are with Openreach.

I had a fault for months which PN, in the end, more or less washed their hands of. Within two weeks of migrating away the fault was fixed because it was handled and progressed properly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@newagetraveller I'd be extremely interested in knowing more, e.g. the steps your new provider took to resolve the fault you were experiencing with your connection. I'm always looking for feedback and ways of improving how we handle faults.

If you're happy to share, feel free to create a thread in Feedback (Tag me in it, just so I see it).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You lost me at "Tag".Huh

Believe rather than blame the customer. It's that simple.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @newagetraveller,

If you want to tag someone, all you need to to is put an "@" symbol before their username and this sends them a notification that they've been mentioned here on the forums. For example, if I put @Gandalf, he'll be able to see this post. Smiley

I apologise if you feel like we were dismissive of the fault that you'd reported to us at any point and this is precisely the reason why we're so keen to find out what the final resolution of the issue was so that we can help to improve our services for all of our customers moving forward - though I am also perfectly understanding if you do not wish to do this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Have you tried the landline in your master socket?
Disconnect everything else, to rule out a dodgy extention (I have had this before).

Do a test landline call to someone, to hear if there is any noise.

Failing that do a 17070 option 2 quiet line test.