cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband order so far...

leowooller

My broadband order so far...

Hey everyone. Just looking to vent, share my experience and maybe get some help/advice. Not that it really matters but to set the scene I moved into a new flat at the beginning of December. I had already arranged broadband from BT but after a couple of weeks it became clear that I would have to cancel due to their complete incompetence.
So on the 21st December I ordered unlimited fiber broadband from Plusnet and got the earliest engineer appointment for the 5th Febuary. My girlfriend took the day off but all that could be installed was the phone.
It's now 2 months down the line and the "fault" hasn't been rectified (something regarding a NAD key). Called a few times and keep getting told I just have to wait. And even then I'll need a new appointment with another long wait.

Is my situation normal? Have taken some reassurance from these forums that I am not the only one. Unfortunately I am still internetless and out of pocket. I find it hard to get annoyed with staff on the phone as I appreciate it is not their fault but am I entitled to anything?
I paid £190 with the assumption that everything would be activated at the same time but now I've got a phone line and don't even own a home phone. I feel I have been very patient but am becoming increasingly dissappointed.
Thanks for reading and good luck to anyone else trying to resolve issues.
Regards,
Leo

15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: My broadband order so far...

Hi there,
I've just asked our provisioning team about this and the agent you talked to yesterday has tried chasing again this morning. Unfortunately our suppliers were still having system issues that prevented this being chased.
She's advised she'll chase again this afternoon and let you know either way, but the review date for the bridge case has now been set for the 22nd so we may not be able to get any updates until then.
I'm really sorry for how long this has taken, we'll continue to push back and try to get an earlier update but whether that happens or not we'll let you know of any changes in the situation as soon as we can.
leowooller

Thanks for the reply, Matt. Unfortunately it would appear no progress has been made. Just out of curiosity do you know what exactly the delay is? As in what are we actually waiting for?
Regards,
Leo
Joereynolds89

Your issues sound identical to mine... apart from im not fourtunate enough to get fibre, or to have seen an engineer at all
i registered with bt in december last year but quickly realised nothing was happening quick and needed the internet, therefore a month and a half later i cancelled and went with plusnet instead as they quoted id be all sorted within 7 days...
i have now had loads of time of work waiting for engineers which midday send an email saying its been rearranged, wasted hours of call time sat on hold for explanations and now they say everything is finally ready but they wont get out to me for a furthur 3 weeks!
the most annoying thing is the fact im in the trade, therefore i connected my own damn phoneline and it all works... so whats there damn delay? plus if theyd have just acyivated the internet and sent the router id be less annoyed then i am now still waiting another 3 weeks till there engineer comes for this to activate the internet service
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just nudged our provisioning team to take a look into these, so there should be an update on both shortly - really sorry about the delay.
leowooller

Frustrating isn't it, Joereynolds89? Was due an update today but heard nothing so just rang up. Still no appointment but apparently I should have one tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Regards,
Leo
leowooller

Should've crossed my toes too. Still waiting. Still in the dark. This is becoming farcical.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry for the continuing delay. I can see we've raised an escalation with our suppliers and this is in hand with a manager, we'll keep chasing and make sure to update you on what's happening today.
leowooller

Matt, I am grateful for your efforts and everyone's whom I've spoken to on the phone. The problem is you can't keep blaming your suppliers. I chose to do business with Plusnet, not BT. Being offline for so long has been hard and caused an incredible amount of inconvinience. Maybe PN should start taking some responsibility because I am so close to just cancelling.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi there, I can only offer my sympathy for your situation. I know it's galling to be told it's the supplier, but it really is OpenReach who are to blame. Whichever ISP you are with (other than Virgin Cable), I'm afraid OpenRetch are the ones responsible for installing/maintaining your line and connecting the Fibre, there is no choice. So Plusnet's hands are tied. They will pursue this however, so stick with it.
leowooller

Dear Mr Wooller, As per our conversation our suppliers have advised to check back on the 06/03/13 , they have now escalated the case to the concerned team and need some time to carry out the work.
I think that's good news...ish. Hardly holding my breath though. Would've thought coming up 3 months was enough time but apparently not. Was none of this foreseeable by Plusnet?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Was none of this foreseeable by Plusnet?

Unfortunately not, it isn't always in some cases I'm afriad, really sorry to hear about the delay. Let me know if there's any issues beyond the 6th but we should have an update by then for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
leowooller

Had to chase you. Was told I'd get a call back. Still nothing.
Are Plusnet for real?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just pushed this back to our provisioning team and will make sure you're updated later today.
leowooller

Just to say I finally have an installation appointment for tomorrow. Never have I been so anxious for everyting to go to plan! 😃