cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration out - MAC Process

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Migration out - MAC Process

This Forum solicits customer opinion on what PlusNet does well and what it does badly.

• PlusNet will take any communication from a customer by Phone or by Ticket (or even by posting to this Forum) GOOD

• EXCEPT a Communication from a customer wanting a MAC to migrate to another provider. BAD
    You insist on either:

• a Phone Call to a specific Number which has a permanent wait of >20 minutes and works only 09:00 - 17:30 Weekdays BAD

• or Snail Mail - Incomprehensible for a e-service company BAD

• Once you agree to provide a MAC, you raise a Ticket and put it on Hold until the Fifth Working day following. (The limit allowed by OFCOM) - Incomprehensible unless its purpose is to extend revenue by 5 days. BAD

• On the Fifth day, you press the button and update the Ticket with the MAC. BAD

So, PlusNet, What are you going to do about this? - WHAT?
28 REPLIES 28
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Migration out - MAC Process

they will get a bunch of newcommers to take part in the ISPA 2011 trial
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Just to clarify one point, we don't put the ticket on hold and then manually press a button to add the MAC, this is an automated process, and requests the MAC on the 4th day if we haven't been able to offer the customer a reason to stay with us.
The method for requesting cancellation/migration has been discussed extensively on this forum over the last few months, I don't think there's anything new I can add to that.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Apart from PN make it difficult for people who work normal hours, by only having the CO available at that time when most people are unable to ring.
Or you can use the post which is this country is slow and unreliable.
Suggestion, why not extend the opening hours of CO, so people are able to call when they get in from work, even if it is just one night a week.
Is it free to call CO, if ringing from a PN home phone?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I believe it is,  I am on a legacy 240 mins free 24/7 and only get 0870, not 0845, but my 0845  to PN are free and dont come out of the 240
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Just to clarify one point, we don't put the ticket on hold and then manually press a button to add the MAC, this is an automated process, and requests the MAC on the 4th day if we haven't been able to offer the customer a reason to stay with us.

Hi Mand,
me shouts "Oh Yes You Do" and runs away and hides! Grin
See my highlights in Blue. I make that 6 days that it was put on hold. It matters little to this customer whether it was implemented manually or blamed on the big bad system.
Question #39938389 - Your Feedback
< Back
Bxx Dxxxxxx - Sales & COT Analyst
5:06pm, Wednesday 16 Feb 2011
Your Help Assistant Question is now being placed on hold. The next action on your Question will be 22-02-2011.
Regards,
Customer Support
Your offer details are below:
Customer didn't want a deal at this time
Dear Mr Xxxxx XXxxxx,
I am now forwarding this ticket to the correct department so that the order for you MAC key can be placed.
You will recieve your MAC key within 5 working days and it will be attached to this ticket, please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any questions regarding your account
Script User - Automated Script Pool
1:16am, Monday 21 Feb 2011
The Question 39938389 has been released from hold and sent back to Cancellation - Mac

Dear Xxxxx XXxxxx,
Here is your MAC Key that you can use to migrate your broadband from Plusnet to another provider if you wish:
The method for requesting cancellation/migration has been discussed extensively on this forum over the last few months, I don't think there's anything new I can add to that.

It may have been discussed ad-nauseum but we have never been given a plausible reason for PlusNet's behaviour. Under these circumstances, it is quite reasonable for me to contimue to speculate.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If on day 1 it is absolutely clear that there is nothing whatsoever that Plusnet can do the dissuade the user from leaving why you you leave it until the 4th day to request the MAC?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
backtogeek
Grafter

This just is not what I wanted to read....... sigh
Well after finding that everything else with plusnet is like brushing your teeth with steel wool (Mainly BT's Fault) now I find that I am going to have a nighmare getting my MAC code too.... joy!
I am very interested to see the reponce to Jelv's question.
And please also clarify is the "automated proccess" and internal plusnet one? if so then it can be taken out of the "computer says wait" queue at any time and the "automated" element to the arugment is null and under the vale of proccess when its actual root is in delay.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hi there,

Mand......
Surely, when a customer asks to leave, you should deal with it IMMEDIATELY, not let them stew for four days, while you try and con  vince them they will be better off staying with the company they are so disatisfied with that they have asked for a MAC ....
I suspect most people who have asked for their MAC, have already had enough of the poor customer service, delays on tickets, and unbelievable "we are getting there, just give us a bit more time" excuses... 
I find it rather disgusting that you should actually admit on the forum that  a request for a MAC is put on an automated system and has to  wait four days, before issuing the MAC..... whatever happened to all the new Customer Service Agents, (or whatever fancy name they have now). 
If you have an automated system to put MAC requests into, that delivers it after four days,..... then it stands to reason that it is easy to program that automated system to release the MAC as soon as it is requested....
on the other side of the coin...... if customers are so disatisfied with PlusNet.... do you really want to hang on to them any longer than necessary?  Let them go, and they can moan and complain to their new ISP, thus reducing the number of complaints on this forum, and probably the number of tickets and phone calls too...
in summary..... of the last para.... if the customer want there MAC,... issue it immediately.... plusnet will be on a win - win situation....
mitchell20
Grafter

PN are not good at handling MAC requests, especially after my recent experience.
I was on a monthly contract and as already mentioned when I first rang to request my MAC, there's was absolutely no need to make me wait several days for it.  I was migrating to Sky who can now offer me upto 20Mb (I am actually now syncing with SKY LLU at 23065 down here  Smiley ) with completely unlimited monthly usage for £7.50 less a month than I was paying PN for only upto 8mb download speeds with a 20Gb monthly usage.
There was nothing PN could offer me to match this (speed wise or price wise), so why make me (and others) wait?  I actually had to call again to finally get my MAC which was issues instantly there and then the second time round proving this could have been done the same way when I called the first time.
Simple question; why did you make me wait those extra days?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Simple answer is in the hope that you'll reconsider in the light of help from PN staff, help from the forum, a financial incentive etc
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Sounds like "desperation" to me.... are PlusNet  "that" desperate for customers?  Sad
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Without wanting to cross Mand but in the interest of pushing the Suits at PlusNet to re-consider this ridiculous policy, I want to say that there has been endless discussion of this topic but we have NEVER received a coherent answer to any of these questions:
1) Why doesn't PlusNet accept MAC Requests by raising a Question (Ticket)?
2) Why does PlusNet delay the issue of a MAC for a FURTHER 4 days after the Telephone discussion with the cancellations team?
3) PlusNet state that they are able to retain "many" of the customers requesting MACs by making financial incentives over a 12 month period. I have also been told that a call from me at the end of the 12 month period will extend the discount for a further 12 months.Hpwever, my constant plea for a Low usage Unthrottled service falls on deaf ears. Why do PlusNet believe that the only issue is PRICE? ADSL is a SERVICE and it doesn't matter how cheap it is if the SERVICE is carp. Is anybody listening?
I don't intend to participate an ant further FUTILE discussion unless somebody at PlusNet with the authority to influence this Policy is willing to participate.
R
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Simple answer is in the hope that you'll reconsider in the light of help from PN staff, help from the forum, a financial incentive etc

None of which where offered, or I actually wanted for that matter anyway so once again I ask why I was made to wait?
Why would making me or anyone else wait 4 extra days for a MAC change minds to stay with PN?  I just don't  get the point been used that this time is to change your mind.  You have the full 28 days to change your mind once the MAC has been issued anyway so why wait to issue it in the first place?  After all you don't have to use your MAC key if you don't want. to.
I just wonder if this is down to churn rate/MAC issued figures having to be recorded/reported by ISPs somewhere.  The ISP's keeping these figures down to the absolute minimum by only offering MAC's when absolutely necessary.
backtogeek
Grafter

Well I have tried and failed to get my MAC.
I raised a ticket and was told I could not have one unless I first contacted the Customer Options team by phone.
The question raised in this thread 39938389 would suggest this is not true and just gives me more reason to leave.
To top it all off I was informed I have to give 10 days notice anyway.... where did that come from?
I will speak to them tomorrow and see how far I get but as far as I am concerned the 4 days started on friday.