cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration out - MAC Process

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Migration out - MAC Process

It's in your T&C for broadband... http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html item 19
backtogeek
Grafter

The 10 days does not apply to the Plusnet Broadband Family service terms in that link.
As I do not intend to cancle my phone line and am using the recognised migration proccess I am not bound by the 10 day notice policy.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

AFAIK, The PlusNet T's & C's require you to give 10 ELAPSED days notice of the termination of your service with PlusNet. I believe that this applies to both BB and Telephony services
The 10 day period commences when you either post your letter to PlusNet's designated address (Postmark Date) or speak to the PlusNet "Cancellations" aka Options Team and request you MAC.
Quite separately, PlusNet are obliged to provide you with a MAC within 5 WORKING Days of your request.
Once you give the MAC to your new provider, it takes 5 WORKING Days to complete the migration. (to quote BT) You may delay the migration for up to 90 days once you have given your MAC to the new provider.
If you do not use your MAC, your service continues with PlusNet as usual.
Your old supplier (PlusNet) is obliged to refund you any payment you have made in advance for service after the 10th Elapsed day after your request ...OR ... the day of migration out, whichever is the later. Equally, they can charge you for any services such as Calls which you have used on their service. You should however advise PlusNet of the date that migration takes place because the BT process for doing this is unreliable.
Other than the nuisance of not accepting MAC requests by icket and delaying the provision of your MAC bu 4 days, I have no complaint with PlusNet's behaviour in this process.  
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Mand
Just to clarify one point, we don't put the ticket on hold and then manually press a button to add the MAC, this is an automated process, and requests the MAC on the 4th day if we haven't been able to offer the customer a reason to stay with us.
Oh what has happened to good honest broadband from Yorkshire? Because I can tell you when I requested a MAC Once from PN and asked for It before the 5 working days was up  I was told by a chap over the phone that BT has to Issue them, And then we get them from PN and that's why the 5 day wait and that unfortunately there was nothing I could do but to wait the 5 working days.You bad Plusnet tut.tut. Roll_eyes
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
julesandsand
Grafter

As I've said previously, Ofcom should introduce a regulation that states that if a customer can order a service online they should be able to terminate it in the same manner.
Then if the organisation involved want to persuade the customer to stay they can call at their expense to attempt to do so
I've had 3 ISPs since broadband was introduced and PN are the only one who don't allow online MAC requests.
Wheel_nut - make sure you cancel your Direct Debit if you paid that way as when I left PN still tried to collect payment for a service that had ceased and sent payment reminders by email, text message and post afterwards.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: julesandsand
Wheel_nut - make sure you cancel your Direct Debit if you paid that way as when I left PN still tried to collect payment for a service that had ceased and sent payment reminders by email, text message and post afterwards.

I will be leaving my DD Account open at PlusNet as I have ongoing referral payments due to me each month.
I have never had a problem recovering money paid to PlusNet in advance and have no reason to believe that they will act dishonourably now. In any case, the DD Guarantee applies so there is no risk.
Needless to say that I would NEVER give anybody a recurring Credit Card charge authority.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut

me shouts "Oh Yes You Do" and runs away and hides! Grin
See my highlights in Blue. I make that 6 days that it was put on hold. It matters little to this customer whether it was implemented manually or blamed on the big bad system.
<snip>
You will recieve your MAC key within 5 working days and it will be attached to this ticket, please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any questions regarding your account
Script User - Automated Script Pool
1:16am, Monday 21 Feb 2011
The Question 39938389 has been released from hold and sent back to Cancellation - Mac

Dear Xxxxx XXxxxx,
Here is your MAC Key that you can use to migrate your broadband from Plusnet to another provider if you wish:

This last bit in blue is the automated system. If you look at the ticket again you will see there is no agent name against that action.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
If on day 1 it is absolutely clear that there is nothing whatsoever that Plusnet can do the dissuade the user from leaving why you you leave it until the 4th day to request the MAC?

That's the way the system is designed (and yes I hear all of you in this thread complaining about said design, and I will pass the feedback on).
Lots of customers do want time to consider a migration offer, and so the yes or no decision to stay can't always be made on the day of the cancellation request, which formed part of the original decision to build the process this way.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: backtogeek
And please also clarify is the "automated proccess" and internal plusnet one? if so then it can be taken out of the "computer says wait" queue at any time and the "automated" element to the arugment is null and under the vale of proccess when its actual root is in delay.

Yes it is an automated internal process, and no a specific ticket can't be taken out of the queue as this would break all the other processes which hinge on it.
It is possible in the most extreme cases to generate a MAC manually but this requires logging into an external system and triggering the request.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: mitchell20
I just wonder if this is down to churn rate/MAC issued figures having to be recorded/reported by ISPs somewhere.  The ISP's keeping these figures down to the absolute minimum by only offering MAC's when absolutely necessary.

We do have to report certain things within the group, but MAC's generated isn't one of them.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: backtogeek
Well I have tried and failed to get my MAC.
I raised a ticket and was told I could not have one unless I first contacted the Customer Options team by phone.
The question raised in this thread 39938389 would suggest this is not true and just gives me more reason to leave.
To top it all off I was informed I have to give 10 days notice anyway.... where did that come from?
I will speak to them tomorrow and see how far I get but as far as I am concerned the 4 days started on friday.

You do have to either call our Customer Options Team, or write to us to cancel/gain a MAC, and the notice period is 10 days.
Both of these items are in your terms and conditions.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
Quote from: Mand
Just to clarify one point, we don't put the ticket on hold and then manually press a button to add the MAC, this is an automated process, and requests the MAC on the 4th day if we haven't been able to offer the customer a reason to stay with us.
Oh what has happened to good honest broadband from Yorkshire? Because I can tell you when I requested a MAC Once from PN and asked for It before the 5 working days was up  I was told by a chap over the phone that BT has to Issue them, And then we get them from PN and that's why the 5 day wait and that unfortunately there was nothing I could do but to wait the 5 working days.You bad Plusnet tut.tut. Roll_eyes

BT do issue MAC's, but this is as a result of us requesting that MAC from a BT system. Within our system this is automated, and done on the 4th day.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just as an update to this thread, we've made a change that means MACs will be supplied within a few hours now rather than 5 days. We're going to trial this and see how it goes before deciding whether to leave it in place, go back to how it was previously or try a different timeframe.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Chris,
As someone who has been campaigning for years for PlusNet to see some sense on this issue, I applaud you for taking this action.
I hope you do make it s permanent change to your procedures. Please do alert us if you decide to revert to delaying the issue of a MAC.
Best regards, R