cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from TalkTalk failed !

akthus
Grafter

Migration from TalkTalk failed !

I was supposed to have my phone line moved over to PlusNet from talktalk on the 18th Jan - Friday and the broadband(fibre) switched on by the 19th.
The BT engineer was booked in for the afternoon 1-6 pm. He called at 3 pm to let me know that he would be at the property in 1/2 hour . He called several times on my phone to confirm my telephone details and said there was some serious problem but did not go in to details. By 5 pm he called to say he would make notes but could not complete the job and left.
Also while the BT engineer was working on my job he has disconnected my next door neighbor from his broadband and telephone ( he is with talktalk ). My next door neighbor did not want to leave talktalk and was not due any work. Now I do not know who is at fault here - did PlusNet give TalkTalk the wrong details for disconnection or is it TalkTalk who has messed up.
To top it off now if anyone calls me on the landline number it ends up calling my neighbors house.
The internet is working but is still with TalkTalk and when I call 150 to find out who the provider of the land line is it says TalkTalk.
I have called TalkTalk and they have told me that no request to take over the line or broadband has come from PlusNet so they will continue to bill me !
I have a support request with PlusNet and an engineer due tomorrow (22nd) but I have had to chase this up myself - there has been no proactive activity from PlusNet.
I am disappointed that no explanation for the failed telephone and broadband change has been provided.

25 REPLIES 25
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Migration from TalkTalk failed !

Sorry to hear about the issue with your installation, apologies too if you've felt that you've needed to chase this up. We're often unaware of such issues until a customer brings them to our attention but I think we could have done a better job of keeping you updated so I'll see about feeding that back.
Let us know what happens with the engineer visit tomorrow, with regards to your neighbour's line being affected and the incorrectly routed calls I'd expect this to be fixed as part of the repair work tomorrow. If not or if your neighbour see's it as more urgent I'd advise them to raise a fault with Talk Talk.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

Thank you for that reply Adam.
I have 2 tickets raised 64706081 and 64706016. 1 is for the BT engineer to fix the crossed line problem.
Hopefully that will get resolved tomorrow but nobody has been in touch regarding the failed FTTC and what is happening with that.
I have got Internet but it is still with TalkTalk - it was supposed to migrate to you on th 19th January.
I now also have to get talktalk to actually cancel my landline and broadband with them because they are telling me that they never got informed of the change to PlusNet. But I will wait until issues have resolved so that I do not lose broadband.
Please can someone have a look at why the FTTC swap failed.
My neighbor has been in touch with TalkTalk and is now trying to get his service re-instated. He has to order his service again. It looks like to me that my details and his have got mixed somewhere. His property name and mine have a common first name.
My user ID if it helps is : akthus1970
I will let you know what happens with the BT engineer visit tomorrow.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the problem that caused the line fault may have affected the fibre install too. We'll need to get the line issue fixed first tomorrow and I'll be on the case after that to make sure you're fibre is working ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

The line is now fixed. The BT engineer came this morning to do that.
I was not in myself but I got told by my wife so could not ask them why the problem happened in the first place.
So the only thing remaining is the broadband switchover to PlusNet which did not happen on the 19th.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that.
I've checked your account and the order's on our suppliers system. The line issue has meant a delay on the fibre install as I suspected. That's due to complete on the 25th between 08:00 and 13:00.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

Thanks Adam.
Thanks to PlusNet for sorting this out quickly for me.
I will do a 150 test in the evening to confirm that PlusNet is showing as the provider so that I can reassure myself that I am fully off TalkTalk.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I just thought it best to make clear that someone would need to be in for the timeslot I mentioned. Is that OK?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

That is fine Adam. Someone will be in.
Only problem I have at the moment is that if a talktalk customer calls my landline I get no ringing. I get incoming calls only if the caller is non-talktalk.
I assume this is because talktalk have still not disconnected me. I have called them today to cancel.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
That's an unusual issue but I imagine it could be that you may be still connected to their LLU equipment but in such a way that you've been blocked or in a way that isn't working as it should be.
Let us know how this unfolds.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

I have asked TalkTalk to cancel my broadband and landline contract with them. However they are telling me that it takes 2 weeks for them to deactivate the account.
They are claiming  that PlusNet have not informed them of the migration.
I now have to battle with talktalk over the billing because they will charge me for 2 weeks that I would not of used their service.
I was also told that I might loose my current number - not sure if that was a scare tactic or what.
I am not quite sure where the mixup has happened because there are 3 parties involved ( BT, PlusNet and TalkTalk ).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I have asked TalkTalk to cancel my broadband and landline contract with them. However they are telling me that it takes 2 weeks for them to deactivate the account.

Without wanting to alarms you I'd check back with them that they've not raised any "cease orders" as that could lead to further problems.
They are claiming  that PlusNet have not informed them of the migration.

When a customer migrates to us we never need to inform the losing ISP. As we do they should have measures in place to pick up on when you've left their service.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
akthus
Grafter

Spoke to Talk Talk yesterday and they are saying that the reason my neighbour got disconnected when PlusNet was to take my line over was because PlusNet provided the wrong address to TalkTalk.
This is why my landline migrate could not be completed successfully by BT on the 18th Jan.
I still have an issue with the landline not being able to take calls from a TalkTalk customer. I have raised a fault with the plusnet team.
akthus
Grafter

I am really dissapointed now. The failed fibre broadband installation on the 19th of Jan which I thought was going to complete today did not happen.
Adam had told me that a BT engineer was booked in for today 25/1/2013 - when he did not show up I called to be told it is next week. My wife who had to stay behind expecting the engineer to show up is not happy at having to waste half a day for a no show.
I have now been given a new date for 1/2/2013 - a week away which means I would of lost internet for almost 2 weeks.
I thought the process was supposed to be a smooth switchover. It is not in my case and is no just a nightmare.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

As an ex AOL/Talk Talk customer I wouldn't belive a word they say. As for BTOR, words fail me.
However, I'm sure that once you're up & running with PN you'll be as pleased as I am. It's a great product with excellent customer support. Unfortunately they are sometimes let down by BTOR. Happily my install & set up was a smooth as a baby's bum!! Cheesy