Migration Query

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

Ah, ok, thanks for that info......
dogwhisperer
Grafter

update......BT speed test says download speed is 1739.......my broadband test says download speed is 584k kps......throughput steadily getting worse....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Last check about the same as the last post...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

dogwhisperer,
The last BT speed test you did does indicate a throughput issue. I will get that raised with our suppliers now for you and will keep your fault ticket updated. With regards to the dial test I would like to perform your router is still online at the moment so I'm unable to do this at the moment, could you please disconnect if possible within the next couple of hours so I can get this done?
Just to mention to there is no news on your order to uncap the upstream of your connection. I'll keep chasing this and should have more news later.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Just got your telephone message....
I did ask before in the ticket if I needed to disconnect the router so you could do your test and I didn't get a response......
Could you respond to this post or ring me to let me know you have read this and I will disconnect the router from the line, turn it off and take it out of the phone socket....
How will I know when I can re-connect the router?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry if I missed that, could you please disconnect now if possible and I'll get the test done. To clarify you don't need to unplug the router from your line, just powering it off should suffice, I'll phone you once its been done to let you know when you can reconnect.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

No problem Adam, thanks.....
Will turn the router off now.....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per our discussion over the phone I have updated ticket 32808936 for you now. The tests we both did do seem to indicate an issue with our suppliers again and the speeds seem to fluctuate. I will keep hold of this until resolved and will update you on a daily basis.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I just done another BT speed test and as per the one I did while speaking to you on the phone its has come back as 0 download speed........
I will try some more BT tests later.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Sorry my mistake it hasnt come back as 0 I misread it....sorry...its come back as 2067 download speed...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, don't worry if you can't get any more results returned on a BT speed test as we have what we need to get this dealt with now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Had to send this via a dongle in a ticket as my internet became unusable late friday night, even web pages would not load, re-booted router and it made no difference but sync speed dropped to 2600 and it killed my profile from 2500 to 2000......
After many tries managed to do a BT speed test which showed download speeds of 5kps..!!!!....see attached......
I am now beginning to get sick of the game of ping pong you are having with BT.....
I am paying for a service that I cant use, while I could use it to some extent I was happy to let you sort this out with BT, tonight it has become a complete joke and I guess nothing can be done as its a weekend and I have to put up with this garbage....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
I'm sorry if this has become frustrating again for you. We need to book another engineer visit for you to get things moving. Could you please refer to ticket 32808936 as I have elaborated on there as to my reasoning for recommending this course of action.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I fail to see why a BT engineer visit is necessary to my house as when you did your own tests logging in on my account with my router disconnected you could see the problems for yourself which obviously has nothing to do with anything in my house....
To say this is a complex fault is just laughable, clearly there is a problem at the exchange and thats where BT need to go, I know what happens they come round the house and then have to fight with the BT engineers at the exchange to get them to do anything which just delays things even further....as with last time they partial fix the problem good enough to get it cleared and I am still stuck with problems.....ie they do the bear minimum possible.....
I dont see why I should be inconvenienced any further, so get BT to go to the exchange, if that really is not possible then I will be available for a visit from them between 1300 and 1800 one day this week, but I am not happy about it and I need to know what day and dont want any more 'surprise' visits from them as last time....ie I was told they were going to the exchange and they turned up at my house twice.....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Its becoming difficult for BT to identify the precise cause for such problems which is why escalation is needed in our opinion. I understand your reluctance and frustration at the though of further visits but this would be the best way to go to get progress. Complex faults is in our eyes the appropriate way to take things now, we do appreciate that you have your own thoughts and ideas as to what might be causing any issues that you have been seeing such as the line card, however these have been so far disproven following processes undergone to move your service both onto different ports of the same line card, then a different line card.
I wasn't aware that any engineers booked for exchange visits had actually visited you but we will feed this back with our suppliers as this should not be happening unless an appointment is agreed with yourself. With regards to moving things forwards your fault is not in the appropriate state for an appointment booking just yet but should be later this afternoon. Please bear with us and I will report back to you as soon as this has been arranged.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team