cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Query

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

You will have to bear with me for the data capture as it has taken me 15 minutes so far to download and watch their.... 5 MINUTE... video tutorial.... Roll_eyes
Unless someone from plusnet wants to ring me and talk me through how to use it?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Oh, and has my upload been uncapped today as promised?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I am now downloading the data capture thing you wanted, which is a 17mb file, its currently downloading at 8kps......a rough estimate it will take me 30 mins to download....unreal, on a supposed line that according to BT is operating at 2mb speed.....
I hope all this effort is going to be worth it...!.......
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I cant get wireshark to work and cant make head nor tail of it, will the tests you do tomorrow be sufficient or will you still need the data capture results?
If so can someone ring me to talk me through how to use it....ta
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I got disconnected for some reason about 1.5 hrs ago, my router syncing at a lot lower speed despite being very solid at 3000 sync speed for days with a solid 6 db snr......also BT speed test results now show my profile has been reduced from 2500 to 2000..........
Another thing that just don't make sense....
Oh and my upload appears to still be capped another promise broken again it seems....
See screen shots attached of BT test and router stats....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I dont know what has happened, but since the disconnection I mentioned in my last post I am now getting throughput more like I should do.....I can watch You Tube 360p video clips with no problem and now can watch BBCi player programmes that stream at around 700 kps with no problem at all and no constant pausing as before.....
By all means do the tests tomorrow still if you wish, but (fingers crossed) all seems well now......
I will be more than happy if it stays like that......just need my upload uncapped.....to complete the picture of a happy customer.... Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning dogwhisperer,
It does now sound that the changes to your service we discussed have now taken effect so lets just see how things go. My bad for forgetting to mention to you yesterday that I did check your order to uncap the upstream and it hadn't completed. This shouldn't have been an issue when looking at that yesterday as orders can complete at any point on a given day up to midnight. However upon checking this today for you I'm perturbed to see that even though the order had a due date of 19/4/10 it has still not completed.
I am now on the phone to our suppliers chasing this for you and will update you again shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to say that there is a problem with the modify order still to remove the cap on the upstream. This is due to an order exception caused by an issue with a back end system. I have escalated this and have been given assurances that the order will complete within 24 hours so I will update you again when I know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Just checked and my throughput has dropped again, not at bad as before but I cant watch BBCi player programmes that stream at 796 kps without pausing again and You Tube 360p video clips are now pausing again which I should be able to watch now as my broadband speed tests are showing I am getting nearly 2mb.
So could you do your 30 min test today that you suggested yesterday?....any time from 11.00 am until 1pm would be fine with me.
Just got this strange message below when updating the above on the ticket....what does it mean?....do I need to re-submit the info to the ticket?
"The Question 32808936 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - DSL Logged Faults ADSL2 - Retest"
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi dogwhisperer,
We can certainly do that test I would suggest that it would be wise. I'm sorry we've not been able to respond until now so could you please supply another time frame of downtime so we can get this done for you please?
With regards to the ticket update, that is just an automated response to say that your ticket has been released from hold and has been returned to the appropriate faults team, this does not require any action from yourself.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
No worries about the delay coming back to me, I would rather wait and deal with one person if I can and I am more than happy with your efforts so far to help me.....
You can do the suggested tests tomorrow between 9am and 11.am if thats ok with you?
I will monitor the throughput during the day to see how it behaves and report back here....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

BT speed test says I am getting 2mb download speed, my broadband test on your site says 1mb.....still not getting either of those as throughput as cannot watch 360p you tube clip, or BBCi player (796kps), can just about live stream at 512 kps with occasional pausing or buffering......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the update dogwhisperer,
Yes, we can agree to doing the test between 9AM and 11AM tomorrow that's fine. I'm hoping this should shed some more light on this issue for us.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Throughput still the same as my last post.......so seems to be constant throughout the day, sod's law it will probably be fine when you test it tomorrow.....anyway we will see.....
Had one disconnection this afternoon, (for about 20 secs) router now syncing at 3066 with a solid 7db snr.......I was hoping the  disconnection was the upload being uncapped but this doesn't appear to be the case as its still showing as 448 with a solid 14db snr.......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
You shouldn't get disconnected when the upstream gets uncapped. Once that has been done we will let you know as you will then need to invoke a reboot.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team