cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massively frustrated

Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Massively frustrated

On Thursday I was supposed to have Plusnet's fibre optic service installed which didn't happen due to the lack of a free fibre port I assume at the exchange. This was rectified and I was told that the installation would be concluded today. Sadly it seems the appointment was cancelled but no one bothered to inform me so I ended up taking another day off work for an installation that never happened. This is simply unacceptable and to make matters worse my house has been without any kind of broadband service since Thursday.
I am very disappointed in this quality of service and the prospect of even more time without any kind of internet access I'm sure you can agree that this should not be allowed to happen.
6 REPLIES 6
Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Re: Massively frustrated

I should also probably mention that the engineer managed to cause our landline to no longer correctly function as the lines appear to be crossed with an elderly ladies so it is now a case of chasing up BT to get this fault fixed.
grahamt
Rising Star

You have my sympathises - it is frustrating, isn't it? My installation a couple of weeks ago took two days to complete. Sadly, there's not a lot Plusnet can do about it except get back to BT Openreach and hassle them about it. Openreach will get there in the end, but they do try our patience.
Graham
Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Fortunately a BT engineer has now at least fixed the phone line so the old ASDL broadband connection is now working which makes the wait until the end of the month much more tolerable  :).
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi Kathyrn64,
Please accept our apologies for the failed installation of your product.  Looking at the notes for the order it appears to be down to a fault within our supplier systems and the order is now showing cancelled.  We have already placed a new order which has a planned install date of 31/08/11 between 08:00 and 13:00.  I have emailed BT customer service to see if this appointment can be brought forward at all.
Good to hear that your ADSL connection has been re-established so at lead it will mean you do not have any downtime in the intermediate.  As soon as I receive an update I will let you know.
Kathyrn64
Dabbler

Quote from: Alex
Hi Kathyrn64,
Please accept our apologies for the failed installation of your product.  Looking at the notes for the order it appears to be down to a fault within our supplier systems and the order is now showing cancelled.  We have already placed a new order which has a planned install date of 31/08/11 between 08:00 and 13:00.  I have emailed BT customer service to see if this appointment can be brought forward at all.
Good to hear that your ADSL connection has been re-established so at lead it will mean you do not have any downtime in the intermediate.  As soon as I receive an update I will let you know.

Thank you for your reply but in all honesty it would probably be for the best in terms of scheduling that it happens on the 31st of August so you needn't bother - but thank you for your kind offer in anycase. =
lexusuk
Grafter

No problem I will let them know.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.