cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Complaint

enjybenjy
Hooked

Making a Complaint

I'm hoping for some help from Plusnet Staff if possible. 

I phoned up 2 weeks ago to arrange a house move, I was due to have my keys today, 28th Oct, so arranged everything to be installed on Monday 2nd November just in case the house was delayed I'd have chance to rearrange everything. I woke up this morning and found I had no internet. I tried the usual troubleshooting tips but nothing. I then spent an hour trying to get through on the phone lines as live chat is inexplicably not open. Live chat and phone lines pose the same risks so why have one without the other?? Anyway I spent a good half hour being passed around different departments. It turns out the person I'd spoken to on the phone put my moving in date as 28th so my internet has been turned off. I was then advised it would take 2 weeks to rectify your mistake, I can't understand how something you had turned off 2 hours before can't be switched back on just as fast. No engineer is needed, I have everything still set up so why the need to wait 2 weeks?? I didn't make the mistake, now I have 2 girls locked in due to Covid and nothing to keep them entertained, no apology  and no effort to help or even try and fix it!! I even messaged last week for an update and got no reply, if someone had read that the issue would have been resolved without me having to cancel my account with you. I am a newish customer, have had nothing but hassle trying to get my 5ghz working since I joined, now I'm having more hassle from a company that claims to be brilliant!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Making a Complaint

Thanks for your post @enjybenjy I'm sorry for the issues you've had.

I tried to call you today but there was no answer. Having reviewed this I've listened to the call you made to us when setting up the house move, the move date you provided was the 28/10/20, and no other dates were provided. This was also emailed to yourself after the call advising of both the move and cease date being on the 28th.

As your service is ceased if we were to reactivate your line and reprovide broadband, while I appreciate the services have only just been stopped, I'm afraid that there are lead times with our suppliers when placing orders, which is up to 14 days.

I've added some more detail about this on to your support ticket Here via your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
enjybenjy
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, it's mad how quick I get a reply when I add "COMPLAINT" in the title. I am fairly sure I booked all my changeovers for the Monday as I never planned on moving in until the Sunday anyway. If the records show I didn't then I do apologise, I've had alot to sort out over the last two weeks! As I cancelled within the 14 days cooling off period then it's pointless trying to threaten me with a £130 bill. No engineer has been today to fit the new line and set that up so now I'm stuck with no Internet in either property. I'm stuck now between a rock and a hard place as all providers seem to have a waiting time before the service is active so I'm not going to get Internet any quicker if I do swap providers. I have been given a new date of 23rd November though it could be sooner depending on the weather. Can I get my Internet turned back on at number 35 then rebook a visit for the new house?? I still have a dialling tone but nothing else with 2 angry kids You'll!! You'll need to be a bit more specific this time with a date to complete as last time all you said was you'd try and get it installed on the day which it turned out you never managed to do and I have had no response off you until I raised this complaint. I would have expected a call or some contact given you've turned my Internet off in one house without connecting the other so where would I be now if the house had been ready?? I'd be paying for a service I'm not getting!!
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @enjybenjy,

Thanks for getting back to us, I appreciate the circumstances you have described and apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I've tried calling you about this and have left you a voicemail. We can of course switch on the phone line at the previous premises and ask for the broadband to be reconnected by Openreach if you're not due to move until later. Lead times would be 24 hours for the phone line and then 5 working days for the broadband.

I have addressed your concerns via the ticket as I can see from our notes that you called in to cancel the account yesterday. Please can you clarify what you'd like to do via the ticket so we can get this sorted for you. My colleague Anoush is out of office today but will pick this up with you tomorrow.

Thanks - LF