cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Has gone pear shaped today

johnbkeith

Mail Has gone pear shaped today

Suddenly today (without warning from Plusnet) I have difficulty logging into mail. When I eventually get there I find a whole new setup. I find I can only get the first 40 of my addresses (out 0f 180), and I have to individually delete each e-mail instead of nominating many on a page to get rid of.
All VERY ANNOYING. As a paying customer (with two seperate broadband accounts going back some years) I feel angry and adnadoned. Whoever is responsible for this chaos needs firing.
John Keith CUSTOMER X 2 Angry
21 REPLIES 21
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Mail Has gone pear shaped today

Please see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103920.0.html and http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103825.0.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
quisquis01

Why is it that whenever anything is working fine some ****ing **** has to **** about with it?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Superfluous poll removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Guys, sorry about the problems today, all should be well now.
John, you *can* select multiple emails. Hold down the control key on your keyboard and then left click each email you want to delete to highlight it. Once highlighted press the delete key on your keyboard or right-click the selection and left-click on delete. It works much more like a standalone email client in this respect when compared to the old platform (which is still available by the way, just use the 'basic webmail' link on the login screen).
We've been trialling the new platform for months and we've hardly kept it a secret. In fact we opened up access to everybody back in December. We also announced that we'd be making this switch before the weekend on our Service Status pages. I'm guessing you missed these announcements so it might be worth you checking some of the links in my signature for information regarding our latest developments/maintenance/service affecting issues etc.
Regarding your address book entry problem, have a read of the third announcement I put out today regarding the issues we encountered following this morning's work.
Hope that helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

elkieluca
Grafter

I love it, it works just like Thunderbird so I find it simple.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@johnbkeith
Try logging into the Squirrelmail webmail via the "Basic Webmail" button on the new login page or use https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail and see if your full list is still there. It would be useful if you can post back and confirm.
Also see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103920.0.html
paulac123
Dabbler

I agree with you john it is  underhand and not what I signed up for.
Where is the option to 'move' e mails to save, what will happen to my saved 'e mails' that I need for reference, why do I have to login every time, there is no 'save log in ' option, it is pants,I can't even read the small print properly.
I will never recommend this company to anyone in the future.
Disgusted Customer!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: paulac123
Where is the option to 'move' e mails to save,

Right click the message and select "Move to..."
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Where is the option to 'move' e mails to save, what will happen to my saved 'e mails' that I need for reference, why do I have to login every time, there is no 'save log in ' option, it is pants,I can't even read the small print properly.

Hi there, sorry to hear you don't like it . Given some of your complaints I'm guessing your the same person whom I've just replied to over on the MSE forums. Have a read of my reply there. The only thing I didn't address in that post was the ability to save your login details. This is something we're looking into and is being discussed in a number of other threads including this one.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Where is the option to 'move' e mails to save, ...

Further to jelv's suggestion it is also possible to click and drag.
shaimoss

Hi,
just getting used to the new email set up - but it is infuriating having to fully log on every single time
is there not anyway of saving username / password e.t.c
regards
Shaun
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

tomplf

Have to agree with all those who have real lives and do not spend hours scouring the latent announcements that the "geeks" send out. This new email format is rubbish. I can not tell you the anguish suffered in just getting entry never mind the inability to delete multiple emails and where oh where are the simple to follow directions? Plusnet I appreciate improvements but this is not one of them. PLEASE think again.
mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Tomplf:  I've been using the new webmail for a while now and I think it's a vast improvement compared to the old one.
I just tried logging in to the old one at https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail and it still worked for me.  Are you not able to access it?