Did you mean: 

MY STORY

Excalibre68
Rising Star

MY STORY

My PlusNet Story

It twas the night before Christmas “sorry just kidding”

Ok here’s my story:-

I ordered PlusNet 80/20 package at the beginning of May 2015 and was told I’d be up and running on the 18th and that my estimated speed would be 65-75Mbs as I was approx. 500m from the cab.

I was migrating from Sky’s 80/20 package because of the price rises and happily enjoyed a solid 72Mbs connection with them for more than a year.

The 18th came and went and suddenly “No PHONE or BROADBAND”

Sky had disconnected me and PlusNet hadn't connected me, now disaster and I'm running around trying to sort out this mess.

I contacted PlusNet and guess what they said “We have been experiencing some technical issues and as a result your order was not processed” “Funny that Sky confirmed they received a migration date from PlusNet and I had received numerous emails confirming the order I placed”

We will put your order though as high priority and get you reconnected as soon as possible “this was the 19th” so I decide to contact sky and see if they can help and they were very understanding and got an engineer out to reconnect me the following day “20th” and didn’t even charge me “Thumbs Up 4 Sky”

The 25th I get an email from PlusNet to confirm the migration date 6th of June so thanks to PlusNet I could have been without a phone and broadband for 19 days.

The 6th “changeover day” and I lose my phone and broadband once again pretty much all day!

The 7th hooray my phone is working and yay my broadband is working.

Ooh broadband speed in the toilet 8Mbs down and 3Mbs up “ok I know it takes 10 days to sync”

The 18th my broadband speed has got a little better but is still in the toilet 12Mbs down 5Mbs up on an 80/20 Super-Fast Fibre Package.

Need to speak to PlusNet again “4 hours later” I got through and it was raised as a fault need an engineer’s visit. “Booked for the 30th

The 30th engineer arrives fiddles around for a few hours “changed faceplate on master and switched out my modem”

All done he said to which I replied many thanks.

Should have handcuffed him to the premises as the problem was still there.

In fact it had dropped again to the original speeds around 8Mbs down and 4mbs up

Now you can understand why I got annoyed!

1st July back on the phone again to PlusNet “we are sorry to hear you are still having problems, we’ll run some tests and get back to you”

2nd nothing

3rd nothing

4th nothing

Now I’m really peeved, back on the phone to PlusNet two hours later I get through and am told that according to their tests they can't find anything wrong and may need to book another engineer out to the cab.

Ok when “Well the next available time is 12th July “I then replied are you kidding me!"

We are ever so sorry and as a good will gesture give you 6 months for free.

OK that sounds good “wish I had left them then”

The 12th and my broadband shoots up to 48Mbs down and 16Mbs up

Yay I have at least got a working speed although a little on the low side.

I tried on numerous occasions to get them to up my speed but the only response was:- “YOU ARE WITHIN ESTIMATES” funny considering I was on 72Mbs with sky and their initial estimated speed for me was 65-75 “which just so happens to have disappeared from my control panel and is now blank”

I put up with a 48-55Mbs connection for another 11 months and then all of a sudden my speed increased to around 68Mbs in June 2016 which wasn’t far off my original speed yay!

Ooh [-Censored-] that didn’t last long and it’s now the beginning of August and back with the speed in the toilet, DNS issues, losing sync, high packet loss and high ping times.

Contacted PlusNet and another engineer’s visit didn’t resolve the speed issues.

It’s now sept 2016 and still waiting for a response to a ticket I raised 2 months ago when it all started going pear shaped again.

PlusNet’s response to me is always the same “YOU ARE WITHIN ESTIMATES” and now they are just completely ignoring me.

Shame on you PlusNet Ticked_off

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
9 REPLIES 9
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: MY STORY

PN this does not make good reading Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Excalibre68
Rising Star

Just had a great idea to get some friends of mine who are part of a drama group to re-enact my story, I could then film it and post it on YouTube as the new PlusNet advert lol Thumbs_Up

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
Excalibre68
Rising Star

I'm finally leaving these incompetent [Removed] after 20 months of hell and lately 5 failed attempts at phoning them to report a fault and over one and half hours waiting on the phone to get through and still no answer !

These guys should be paying us for using their pathetic excuse of a broadband service.

Also stop spending our hard earned money on stupid commercials that basically lie through the teeth and try spending it on providing a service it's customers are paying for.

[Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insults removed as per Forum rules.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Just goes to show that Top managers have  NO intention of trying to improve things

Their only interest is giving away free BB offers Sad   to increase numbers for Big brother BT 

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
dnpark38
Rising Star

I been gone for must be 9 months now and I'm amazed today to hear that PN is no better than when I left.

What I do not understand how Which Magazine says they are so good.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Excalibre68, I'm really sorry that you've had such a terrible experience and I'm sorry that this is the first time that I've seen your post and so I have not tried to help earlier.

Whilst I'm always sad to see a customer leave us I can understand why you've chosen to move your services elsewhere, if you have any problems with the transfer please feel free to tag me and I'll be happy to help.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@rongtw @dnpark38 @JonoH Well considering the thread is from September 2016 and appears to me to have been bumped by @Mav editing it ...  Huh

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Not true RobPN. The post was created by Excalibre86 on Saturday and Mav had to edit out the content on the same day as it broke the forum rules.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jaread83 So how come I'm seeing dates from September 2016 on the posts up to and including the post that @Mav edited?

@jaread83 OK, apologies, my mistake, I understand now  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed