cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MJ Quinn FTTC Install (Positive!)

GeordieMark
Grafter

MJ Quinn FTTC Install (Positive!)

I know these guys get a lot of stick, and I'm sure most of it is due, however I had a brilliant experience with one of their guys yesterday for my FTTC install, and thought it'd be nice to leave some good feedback for them for once  Wink
Had a 1 - 6 PM slot, the guy called me up at about 2, introduced himself and said he was about 10 minutes away, which was great as it gave me time to remove the old router and move some furniture around so he could wire the modem to where it would go.
He happily ran the data extension to where I wanted, which involved drilling through a wall which he did properly, neatly and cleaned up the bit of dust afterwards.
He set up the PN router for us too which I didn't expect, and checked our phone was still working and made sure we were happy and had no issues before he left. He was there for about 30 minutes, but seemed to do a thorough job.
I don't know if it's possible, but I think this guy needs some good feedback from his managers as he was a great example of what a contractor should be like.
The only problem is he disconnected our upstairs extension Sad Possibly not entirely his fault as I forgot to mention it was there) but how would we go about getting this resolved?
8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: MJ Quinn FTTC Install (Positive!)

I've not heard much complaint about MJ Quinn.  The contractors that take pretty much all the stick are Kellys.  It was a MJ Quinn guy who did my Fibre install a couple of months ago, and like you I couldn't fault him in any way.
It's always good to hear positive feedback.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GeordieMark
Grafter

Oops might have got them mixed up then! The guy did mention kelly's, said they were kicked out of my area but he's seen a few about recently so they must be back in  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks very much for your feedback - I'm glad the install went as planned and that your service is working as you'd expect Smiley
I'll see if there is a way I can pass on your positive feedback.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I think it's important the guys are given good feedback and they don't just hear from their managers when they've done something wrong which seems to be the case with a lot of these sort of companies.
All well apart from the upload issues you guys are already looking at, overall I'm happy with the service we got from the Quinns guy though  Smiley
anniesboy
Rising Star

picbits
Rising Star

Pretty sure it was a Quinn installer that did my install - zero issues and a nice bloke.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is the first comment I've seen ref Quinns.  May be that just goes to show that the majority only comment when there's something to complain about - and there has been lots to complain about Kelly Communications.
Respect and credit to you Mark_ for taking time to say thank you for a job done well.
As for the internal extensions, I think that might end up being down to you to resolve.  It should just be a matter of connecting the wires onto the new faceplate - pins 2 & 5.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GeordieMark
Grafter

Exactly my thoughts, so thought it'd be worth making a post about it.
Yep that's probably gonna be my easiest option which I'll have a look at, at the weekend. Don't want to be disconnecting stuff and messing up DLM just after the install.