cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code - 5 day wait

apennington

MAC Code - 5 day wait

I've been with Plusnet since 2003, and been pretty much always happy with the service. Bit sluggish sometimes but that may be
I've decided to move to BT for 18 months now infinity is available on my exchange. I know I may be able to get a discounted service with Plusnet but have decided to see how BT go.
Imagine my surprise when Plusnet (BT-owned!) require me to wait 5 days for a MAC code, and were really pretty obnoxious about me leaving. They then blame BT for taking 5 days!
Until now I have been very happy, and the day I decide to leave (and who knows, it may be temporary), they &^ss me off for the first time with their attitude.
Try persuading me to stay, by all means, but then to be awkward over insisting the MAC code will always take 5 working days just to be nasty seems self defeating.
So, now I will never come back, because that is the last bitter taste that I am left with. How very sad... are Plusnet stupid?
Goodbye Plusnet... Never to return now...
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: MAC Code - 5 day wait

Who at Plusnet told you it was a 5 day wait ? Did you request it by phone or mail ?
Did they actually say 5 days or "up to 5 working days" ?
http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/internet-service/MAC
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Hi apennington please check your ticket  there should be one made if you have phoned up it will tell you there. This is what it says on mine.
This will be available on the member centre within the next 5 working days. And It was there within 2 hours.
syates
Grafter

Yes, I have to admit that the most efficient Plusnet have even been over my several years with them is when I phoned up for the MAC Code.  I had it via email within 2 hours.  Shame everything else wasn't dealt with that well.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi apennington,
A MAC Code has already been generated on your account and was available for you within 4 hours of your call into us.
A 5 day turnaround is what we advise as per http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml#mac08