cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misrepresentation on Plusnet Site -21CN NOT Availalble Yet

HDFXST

Misrepresentation on Plusnet Site -21CN NOT Availalble Yet

I had been with Tiscali then talk Talk for many years.  The price was good but we were getting poor download speeds.  I checked on the Plusnet website using postcode and landline number and it seemed we could get much faster speeds, 17mbps.
My friend in the village switched some weeks ago and is getting up to 17mbps.
I placed my order and was told we would be switched on 27th March. My son had arranged a lan party on 28th in anticipation of better speeds. Nothing was heard and I rang on 29th to be told I would be contacted on 31st.  I was told on 31st that there was no 21CN capacity left on our exchange and the order would be completed on 20CN (same speeds as talk talk) and it may be May before there is more 21CN capacity created.  Angry I am majorly hacked off as Talk Talk were cheaper AND included calls!
To rub salt in the wound, on checking the Plusnet site today using a neighbours number and postcode, the site still says 17mbps is available immediately!  Roll_eyes  I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems.  Offcom and Advertising Standards here I come!
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Misrepresentation on Plusnet Site -21CN NOT Availalble Yet

Can you put your phone number in here https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch... as this is or should be the source of the Plusnet information
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

May need to check with Plusnet / OpenReach that they are not just taking the easy migration path leaving you on your current 20CN connection.  It can happen!
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi HDFXST,
I'm sorry to hear that we've had problems provisioning you on 21CN. Unfortunately there's very little we can do if there are capacity issues at the exchange for 21CN. We do of course work with our suppliers to get any necessary work carried out to ensure that all 21CN enabled customers can be connected.
In this instance, we've had to connect you on the old 20CN equipment, with a view of moving you onto 21CN when the capacity has been increased. I've placed a modify order for this to be done and we'll work with our suppliers to ensure this gets moved across ASAP. We'll keep an eye on this for you and we'll keep you updated.