Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into a mobile account after it has been cancelled from today

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Logging into a mobile account after it has been cancelled from today

Just tried to login to my wife's account to check that it has actually been cancelled and I was surprised to find that the login just sat there not saying anything about the account having been cancelled and no email advising of that either

This doesn't seem to be good communication as there was no notification at all about the pending cancellation nor whether there as any outstanding balance or charges

10 REPLIES 10
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Logging into a mobile account after it has been cancelled from today

Thanks for the feedback, 

Oldjim
Resting Legend

PM sent

The points are that the accounts people don't seem to understand that any upcoming cancellation should be shown not only on the account page but by email to the account holder

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Pretty much standard practice from mobile providers IME.

It was the same when I left iD mobile for PN, and the same when I left Three for iD
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just received the following email - this is really very silly

Come on - the account was cancelled and isn't accessible

We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

As your account is in credit by £0.00, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill.

Don't forget you can use My Account to check your current and previous bills, monitor your usage and update your details too.
Thanks,
The Plusnet Mobile Team

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Luv it @Oldjim  Maybe things will improve with the new billing system.  Grin  If it extends to cover mobiles?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I was with Lifemobile Jim, before PN took over and cancelled my account with Life not long before the takeover.

At the next two billing dates I received similar e-mails from PN. However, a PN mobile rep.on here did sort it out for me. Not received any more since then so she must have achieved the necessary.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @Oldjim,

thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still receiving billing notifications from your closed account. 

Occasionally the system will send these automated billing updates out even when the account is cancelled and the account is cleared. 

If you drop me a message I can certainly look into this for you and get these notifications cancelled. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I don't care - it just seems that the accounts system is totally screwed up

If you want to look into it you can but I can't be bothered going through the security questions to do it

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Maurice,

There has been no suggestion to date that the new billing system will cover mobiles - at present the billing systems are distinct.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

If you check back @Townman  it was a somewhat rhetorical question and it did have a smiley attached.  Cool_smiley