cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat over 2 hour wait and no chat

mikey_c

Live Chat over 2 hour wait and no chat

Live Chat. You login in start at number 33 in the queue get down to number 6 and bamm!!! There are currently no agents availiable to chat. Please try again soon, Why oh why Plusnet, very annoying and 2 hours wasted. Please get your act sorted like your adverts suggest a good service, not that good. A transcript of the one sided chat follows.

at 20:48, Jan 5:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us.

Chat sessions may be recorded for training and business improvement purposes. For full details on how we use your personal information see our Privacy Policy .

We have recently performed maintenance overnight on our webmail platform. Further work is still ongoing to restore full service.

Updates can be found on our service status page Click Here to view.

Due to this, we are experiencing high demand on chat, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Info
 at 20:50, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 33. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 20:52, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 31. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 20:54, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 31. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 20:56, Jan 5:

Info
 at 20:58, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 29. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:00, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 28. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:02, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 26. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:04, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 26. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:06, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 25. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:08, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 25. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:10, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 24. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:12, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 22. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:14, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 21. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:16, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 17. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:18, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 16. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:20, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 15. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:22, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 14. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:24, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 13. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:26, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 13. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:28, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:30, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 12. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:32, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 12. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:34, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 11. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:36, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 11. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:38, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:40, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:42, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:44, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:46, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:48, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 9. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:50, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 9. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 21:52, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:54, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:56, Jan 5:

Info
 at 21:58, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:00, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 8. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:02, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 8. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:04, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 7. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:06, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 7. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:08, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:10, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:12, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:14, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:16, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:18, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:20, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:22, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:24, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 6. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:26, Jan 5:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 6. Thank you for your patience.

Info
 at 22:28, Jan 5:
There are currently no agents available to chat. Please try again soon.

Info
 at 22:30, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:31, Jan 5:
The chat transcript will be sent to: info@ [Removed].co.uk at the end of your chat.

Info
 at 22:32, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:34, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:36, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:38, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:40, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:42, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:44, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:46, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:48, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:50, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:52, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:54, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:56, Jan 5:

Info
 at 22:58, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:00, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:02, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:04, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:06, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:08, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:10, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:12, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:14, Jan 5:

Info
 at 23:16, Jan 5:

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed email address. 
25 REPLIES 25
Anon
Pro

Re: Live Chat over 2 hour wait and no chat

Live chat is not 24 hours and probably closed before they got to you.

Phones are terrible too, I waited over 30 mintes this evening and that meant my questions could not be dealt with, the staff had just left whom I needed to speak to.

They are a disgrace.

Report them to the Advertising Standards Authority https://www.asa.org.uk/, the more the merrier.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @mikey_c

I'm really sorry to hear you couldn't get through to web chat last night.

Anything I can help with on here? Feel free to private message me if you prefer.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am sure this has been said before if you are in the que before 22.00 , your call or chat should be still taken NOT just cut off Knuppel

The 22.00 cut off should stop accepting calls / chat not cut off people waiting prior to 22.00

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mikey_c

It appears they don't give a damm, due to the fact I started the link at 20:50 hours. I can to some degree accept they have busy times but they should compensate for that and complete the initiated chat. Got to number 6 and cut off, so annoyed as I could not get anything else done. Sounds like the adverts are there to draw you in and then that's it. I don't blame the staff and Probably management won't pay to have the log cleared. Bad service on plusnet, shame on you.
chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:

I am sure this has been said before if you are in the que before 22.00 , your call or chat should be still taken NOT just cut off Knuppel

The 22.00 cut off should stop accepting calls / chat not cut off people waiting prior to 22.00

while that's a good idea in theory?
what about the staff? are they supposed to stay at work for an undetermined period of time to clear the queue?
what if that means they had to stay for another hour?

if you were in tesco and they close at 10pm but you were still in the store, would you expect them to let you continue wandering about the shop to finish your shopping? or ask you to leave as the shop was now closing?

the system should take into acount the time and the length of queue and simply tell you that you won't get to the front of the queue in time and advise to try again in the morning.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@chenks76 At my local Morrison's if you go in near closing time they ADVISE you they are closing soon !!! and tell you how long you have to shop , They then STOP people entering at closing time and let them inside go to the checkout .

PN do neither they DO not advise you closing soon , nor let you get near a checkout before they kick you out !!

Any adviser's working past the so called end time are still payed overtime so they are happy and main thing is Customers are HAPPY !!!!

mikey_c

@rongtw perhaps this is somthing plusnet should take on board so no confusion then. I would've at least been aware and made my own decision at the time, had I known the operating hours.
chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:

@chenks76 At my local Morrison's if you go in near closing time they ADVISE you they are closing soon !!! and tell you how long you have to shop , They then STOP people entering at closing time and let them inside go to the checkout .

PN do neither they DO not advise you closing soon , nor let you get near a checkout before they kick you out !!

Any adviser's working past the so called end time are still payed overtime so they are happy and main thing is Customers are HAPPY !!!!

which is why i suggest they do just that.
read the last paragraph of my post.

also, you don't know what the overtime policy is at plusnet.
personally, if it was me, i'd leave at finishing time. why would anyone want to work on after their finishing time to listen moaning b'stards like us!

Anon
Pro

I was serious about reporting them to Advertising Standards it would add to the complaint I have made about PN in the last couple of days. So please do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chenks76 - Those that work on after ‘clocking off time’ are those that actually care, not just for the customer but for the people they work for, and it’s having members of staff like this that can make for a more successful company. Provided of course that this ‘dedication’ is noted and awarded accordingly, otherwise it can poison the member of staff’s attitude to their employer and they end up with the view of ‘if they don’t care, then why should I’.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

And don't forget some staff here on forum do visit on their own time !! Unpaid .
That's called customer service,,, Chenks76
Anon
Pro

And there are members of staff who won't deal with customers because their shift finishes 15 minutes later.

chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:
And don't forget some staff here on forum do visit on their own time !! Unpaid .

and what ?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@rongtw wrote:

I do indeed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button