Live Chat - Needs Fixing Please

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Live chat Just a general query

Grrrr!
Feels like I'm being flamed for trying to help.

I did not say that the underlying issues do not relate to unresolved issues, support capacity or skill level. I sought to answer Shutter's precise question which I quoted as to how all might benefit form the (questionable) decision taken by Plusnet.

I do not see support via Chat as being fashionable beyond possibly being seen as more fashionable than what I hold as the ideal (and ought to be the only non-phone channel) ticketing system.

What is seen as more important by the younger generations (still old enough to know more than we oldies have forgotten) is twit-face-space. For my liking if there were a need to focus resources I'd have closed this channels as they very clearly cause duplication of effort ... however since the resources who attend to those channels also support the forums ... that idea would be kind of shooting us all in the foot.

Make no mistake, I do not defend the decision and believe that without RCA throughout the business process - especially BT's performance - Plusnet (nor for that matter any ISP) are ever going satisfy the ever increasing demand for suppport.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bin
Aspiring Pro

@Townman I don't think it's anything personal Smiley  We're all leaning against the same open door here - you just happened to put your head above the parapet.

Facebook, Twitter etc are - as you say - just not the tool for the job - they're just faddy 'soshul meeja solushuns' that are next to worthless.

To those with hearing issues the dropping of Chat is a serious problem since PN have chosen to shut off all other vectors. It was a shortsighted and ill considered move on their part. Chat in itself is not the right tool either and I fail to understand what PN are doing ignoring the most proven method of email/ticket system with chat available if needed.

Not too bothered personally as I'm not stopping with PN - enough is enough.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

ticket.jpg

I left too, and now am with another Yorkshire based isp; when I log into their site, I can easily "Submit a Ticket" when required.

PN's removal of CHAT, seems to have been taken by the same committee that reduced phone support times, except for business customers, some years back, along with the liked ticket system.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Townman  Sorry if  it came across that way... Smiley

whilst I appreciate any input into this discussion...you did make several points and I felt I had to reply to them individually,

so that " those that should know better".. WILL know better.. 

By "those that should know better...... " are those senior manages in the SU space.... wherever that is...

certainly not on this planet with us mortals called Plus Net Customers.. ( including disabled customers )..

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

For the moment can I leave this as ... It is recognised that this should have been done far better. Discussions in the SU environment continue and are very positive about the opportunities to do better!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Townman  Yes,,,  by all means...

It has been recognised that this should have been done far better, by this side of the chat line... 

but is the other side going to apologise for doing it ?  Nah... can`t see that coming..

.. I am surprised that it has taken this thread, for those in " the SU environment" to admit that they need to......... be positive about the opportunities to do better..  ( fancy words,... but will it have any effective outcome ? )

Don`t they read, or get any information fed back to them from this forum.....?  It is called  "plus net Feedback "..  

Still don`t know where "the SU space" or   " the SU environment" is........

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Townman dont take this the wrong way , we are not trying to bite your head off Thumbs_Up

you say    the SU discussions    "are very positive about the opportunities to do better!! "

Well we have been told this by plusnet for years Roll_eyes  and after so many times most begin to disbelieve the Plusnet promises .

While i hope the SU actually achieve some positive outcomes , i dont believe PN have the will to take any real action

@shutter the SU enviroment is a closed forum

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

@rongtw  thanks for that tiny little bit of info ! ! ! !... and the elite who have access to it...... are ..... ? ? ? ?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Look at the tiddley wink Smiley   and you see a yellow star Thumbs_Up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@shutter,

It is not a matter of "the elite". The SU programme was laid open to all and any who were prepared to offer their time and effort to make this a better place. It is still early days. There has been a recent Plusnet addition to the programme - that far more than this or the many other topics on this subject - has lead to being able to say more on the acceptance of there being different ways to do things.

There is an evolving dialogue - please accept that, as continued 'bashing' does not encourage engagement.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Townman  This thread just shows the strength of feeling amongst customers Thumbs_Up

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@shutter wrote:

Still don`t know where "the SU space" or   " the SU environment" is........

@shutter  You could read through this thread for much of the background stuff.  You might discover that there was some robust debate about the who / what / why etc of the SU program from some of us who later became members of the 'gang'.  I certainly do not perceive myself as 'elitist' and am prepared to air my views as I see them.  Having said that, there are some constraints on what can be aired in public (just as in real life).  On this topic in particular, the output needs to come from Plusnet and not the SU's. 

Getting the User views heard is our primary task, but it takes time to establish the links.  I'm optimistic that things have moved on apace in the last two weeks and begining to show results. 

Yes!  You've heard it all before and I'll be amongst the complainers if this iniative fails.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Townman  Sorry if YOU feel bashed.... but from this end of the business, telling me to stop bashing, is the same as telling me to shut up... as it won`t make any difference how much I ( and others ) complain about things...or ... in other words  "bash" on about gripes etc.

It is also the same as " give us time..... and we`ll get there"...... so shut up and wait...  and wait..... and wait... but we never do..... "get there"..

You, as a SU group, can discuss it until the cows come home... and you can , presumably do your own version of "bashing".. to the plusnet staff... but ... what happens if YOU get told to stop bashing.... because "give us time and we`ll get there" rules..   same thing for us on this end.. 

@MauriceC   Thanks for the link to the SU startup thread...    having gone through the first four pages..  I am not impressed with it at all.... several times there have been comments from staff on there, about how they "intend" to improve things with more staff, .. better training... etc.  etc.. etc.... and yet... ( that was back in APRIL )... they come up with the glorious idea... of DISABLE LIVE CHAT   in favour of THE PHONES..... WHY       ?

Well, obviously... they havent done what they said back in APRIL.... get more staff trained up... etc etc etc etc etc.. and need the staff from one VITAL SERVICE for DISABLED customers to help cope with the phones...

Erm.... shades of ...    ....  ....   Give us time...... and we`ll get there..

( ps... not having a go at  you @MauriceC  nor at you @Townman  just saying my piece, to help out other DISABLED customers, who may feel intimidated by the SU environment, and the lack of results.)

As for finding out about the SU space or the SU environment, whatever... it seems to me to have been a bit of a smoke screen... as I don`t frequent much of the forum that doesn`t interest me... and "company announcements" are usually some self promoting esteem garnering adverts to the converted.  So I have never heard about the SU environment.. 

Which,... given that it is supposed to be a "point of contact" between customers who complain, and the "management"  makes you think WHY NOT  ?   Why don`t I know about it?    surely THAT question alone, should have the "management" thinking further.

A communication company that does not interact... ( as stated by @LouisaMartin on one of the posts on that super user ) 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Superuser-Program/m-p/1429431#M12425

from the forums to the management, is surely lacking in the "communication department"...  and this explains why my thread of 9 years ago... ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.16.html ) went absolutely nowhere, despite all the promises from @Chris

The situation on the phones has not improved  ... and the same platitudes get handed out... more staff training... better communication... etc etc...

Here`s hoping that those "chosen few"   ( who says they are not elite, if they are " chosen "  or "selected" by @LouisaMartin   "     We have taken time to look at our regular visitors and contributors and already have people in mind who we'd like to take on the role "  )   ( obviously, I was not one of them   Cheesy  )     and have their own private access forum,.....are able to point threads such as this one... in the right direction . ( @Townman says they are, so we shall have to give them time........ )   perhaps this is the real test of the SU environment, let`s hope that this thread, with the involvement of the SU environment.. enables DISABLED customers to use the LIVE CHAT  again, within the next few days.  ( not the unforseeable future)...

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Rest assured @shutter  the disabled issue has been a large part of our input over the last few days.  In context we were discussing this Topic with PN early on this morning - yes on Bank Holiday Monday! 

shutter
Community Veteran

@MauriceC   Thanks for the assurance.....  ..... ..... ..... ..... .....    ...... ...... ........