cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superuser Program

Bergstien

Superuser Program

Hi all,

We’ve been looking into how we can improve our community forums to provide a more positive experience for our customers and to improve the communication between our users and Plusnet. With this in mind, we’ve decided to create a Superuser program in order to provide recognition to the users who frequently provide help to others on the forum.

At the very core of the program will be the Plusnet Pillars. These Pillars are the values and behaviors we’d expect our Superusers to follow.

• Be an advocate of the Plusnet brand
  • Be helpful and supportive
  • Be friendly and approachable
  • Willingness to share your knowledge
  • An avid and active forum user

Not only will the Superusers be there to provide a helping hand to other users, they will have an open line of communication into the business. This will give them the ability to raise any queries or concerns they or other users might have for a quick response. They will be able to discuss matters with our department heads and help implement positive changes to the service.

There will be some additional perks, but at this time they are still to be confirmed, i.e. Product testing and trials.

Everyone is welcome to throw their hat in the ring, but please bear in mind that a certain level of knowledge around Plusnet will be needed and we’d expect you to be active within the community forums. You will also need to be a current Plusnet customer. We expect to announce the chosen superusers and the name of the program after a few weeks.

If you have ideas and or skills you would like to contribute then please let us know. PM Bergstien or LouisaMartin and we'll get this thing kicked off.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may also have.

97 REPLIES 97
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Superuser Program

Why pay for staff to do the work if you can get "Superusers" to do it for free!

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Bergstien wrote:

Hi all,

We’ve been looking into how we can improve our community forums to provide a more positive experience for our customers and to improve the communication between our users and Plusnet. With this in mind, we’ve decided to create a Superuser program in order to provide recognition to the users who frequently provide help to others on the forum. 

Not only will the Superusers be there to provide a helping hand to other users, they will have an open line of communication into the business. This will give them the ability to raise any queries or concerns they or other users might have for a quick response. They will be able to discuss matters with our department heads and help implement positive changes to the service.

Excellent news. Directly-involving customers in PlusNet's development has paid dividends in the past.

Delighted to see renewed bridge-building from PN.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have a high viz jacket, some pliers, and a screwdriver.

Perhaps when I'm out shopping I could pop around a few homes and install their broadband at the same time.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Trouble is regular forum members help out already without being a superuser Cool_smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well I'm not putting myself forward as I prefer to offer independent advice which does include suggesting that Plusnet may not be the best fit for an individuals needs. 

I'm helpful of individuals, supportive of them, friendly (mostly), willing to share knowledge, active here but I wouldn't be a Plusnet fan boy (or as you say brand advocate). That is why you pay staff.

It confuses the hell out of people that Mods aren't staff, this is just ridiculous.

We need more staff with access to the customers details and the ability to solve issues, not a fan boy (or girl) scheme.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

SpendLessTime wrote:

We need more staff with access to the customers details and the ability to solve issues

That's hopefully coming soon in line with This and This Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@HarryB

Yes after 8 years of being a customer, the answer is always "tomorrow" will have the solution. 

I remember when the new call centre will slash call waiting times . Well it went down from the 2 plus hours which I experienced when I had a serious issue just before the Leeds centre opened but it is still rubbish today. And shorter opening hours too were supposed to make things better. And the new billing system and I've lost the will to continue this as you can clearly see the picture I'm painting.

This isn't about individuals, it is about the way Plusnet is ran.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I can't see how a "customer advocate" will make any difference to how things are run.

Look how many customers complained about the out of control billing. Nothing was done and we all know how that ended.

Why not a proper honest job title like manager in charge of ignoring customer complaints.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@HarryB  see from 2009 https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

since then we have had promises of give us a chance we will get there ,,

has No one read this ?? https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/td-p/1389353

TBH beggars belief  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was giving this topic some serious thought last night and having done so I’ve come up with the following.

In theory I think this is a great idea and I for one would have been willing to put myself forward as a candidate for this if I’d qualified.

Why would I do this? Well if I thought that any input I provided could make the forum ‘experience’ better for others then I see it as a no-brainer. But here’s the caveat.

However, I can’t help but think that this idea is somewhat redundant. If this really is Plusnet’s way to “… provide recognition to the users who frequently provide help to others on the forum.” then surely Plusnet should make the invitation to those users and not have them apply? You obviously have your criterion so you should already know who meets this and the simple act of inviting a user is itself recognition for work done and would give the role much more credibility. But as the forum already has its own forms of user recognition is another one needed?

No real details of what additional work is expected of the super user are given, is that because nothing extra is required? If it is then what is wrong with the status quo? Or is is because you don't know?

The use of the word ‘perks’ is not the one I’d have chosen, considering an already committed user would then be expected to do beta testing adding to their already avid commitment.

The biggest elephant in the room is this “open line of communication”, where I don't think for one second that anyone will be able to make the slightest difference or have any influence on the Plusnet way of thinking, because if you can’t or won’t listen to your staff, who are already at the ‘coal face’ then why would you listen to a forum member!

I have no doubt you will get volunteers and I do hope it goes well, as selfishly I as a forum user will benefit, but I can’t help but read this with a hint of cynicism.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

TBH i don't know why PN don't read these forums , it already give them insight to what most would say are the main Problems that need addressing !!

is this a good idea Huh  well it depends if PN actually have the intention of getting the problems fixed , and actually make people believe their adverts and Do You Proud ?

time will tell

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @Anonymous

I totally get why you're cynical around this.

We have taken time to look at our regular visitors and contributors and already have people in mind who we'd like to take on the role however, and 'apply' probably wasn't the best word to use, there will be users out there who we haven't considered but feel like they can offer a bit more to the community, than they have previously and would like to get involved more. That's why we're throwing it open to anyone wanting to get involved, which we'll then need to work through.

In terms of 'open lines of communication', we need to be able to channel into the business, all your thoughts and feedback, with regular input into the right areas. We feel you guys are the best to put that across in your words, direct to the people who make decisions. The Superusers will be that channel. They'll also be able to come back to the community and honestly say what's happening on the different areas and keep you updated.

I really do hope you have another think about this Mook

Louisa

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough @LouisaMartin I understand you want to give everyone an opportunity. As for the channelling of information, I’m still not convinced that it will work as I would have assumed that someone in management is fed the feedback from these fora already, or is that what this is all about?

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

To be honest @Anonymous we don't have a regular feedback into stakeholders, from the Community. We have a monthly dashboard which has different metrics around traffic on the community and volumes on different boards etc, but not deep insights to what is actually being said. I'm not convinced this is really digested by the distribution list either.

I have plans in place which will deliver a weekly dashboard with insights, on what is happening on Community, but this will be highlights. I'm also looking at how we can better get Community into the lives of our senior leadership team on a more regular basis however, based on experience, nothing delivers as well, as actually speaking 'face to face' with our customers. This is so so powerful! I also believe it makes people truly consider their decisions, if they have to see the whites of the customers eyes, when explaining such decisions.

I want our senior leaders to have regular contact with the community and our Superusers, so we have improved understanding of what the business is doing and why.

Louisa