cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Rental Saver.....

Just had the email wanting me to renew 12 months Line Rental Saver.

No problems myself, so far, but reading all the problems posted on the various Forums, especially long waiting time on phones to be answered, then  cut off !!

The ticket system worked fine, why abolish it ?

Line Rental Saver is non refundable if problems after 14 days......

I see no benefit in continuing LRS

At least paying monthly, a quick exit is possible.

"Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £185.88, equivalent to £15.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £17.99 a month."

6 REPLIES 6
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Line Rental Saver.....

With your financial setup, I am surprised that you are "quibbling" about £2 a month saving .... although I do understand about the "condition" attached, and it needs looking into.

(Is that legal ? )

I am on a 12 month package  Line and Broadband, and have had no problems with PlusNet connection since joining...over 7 years ago.  My line is "stable" and I monitor it from time to time... If I see any broadband problem on my monitoring sytstem, then I use "Live Chat" and usually get it sorted within hours, or at most a day... allowing for the usual 10 day settling in period if some major changes are done...

If your main phone line goes down, you can still contact PN on Live Chat via your mobile phone.. so really there is no serious problem trying to get that sorted.

Live chat is excellent, because you  do get a notification when you first connect, where you are "in the queue" and as it reduces you get updates every 2 minutes... so you are not left listening to that terrible MUZAK and constant adverts to go "on line" to contact them via the web site..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I raise the point, not so much for myself, but for others in a similar situation. 

If someone decided to leave, after having just paid for the LRS, they would lose up to £185, whereas if they only paid monthly, the loss would be far less.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you don't use your phone a huge amount move the line rental to Pulse8.

£13 per month line rental
All calls charged to the nearest second with no minimum call connection fees.
Local/National Day 1p/min
Local/National Eve 0.8p/min
UK Mobile 8p/min
Min. Call Charge 0.00

In fact a lot of Plusnet users could save money by moving their line to them (even allowing for the extra Plusnet charge if the line is not with them).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

You have to weight up the pro`s and con`s, if you negotiate a deal where you are getting broadband for next to nothing, then this offsets the line rental and you will save with LRS

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Forgot to say the other advantage of Pulse8 line rental is that there is no minimum contract period.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

The only come back is that PN charge a £2 surcharge on your BB if you don't have LR with them.
But even with that that is a good price.
£16/mo with cid vs £18.98 on PN.
May just move myself!