Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

flyerdave
Dabbler

Re: Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

Quote from: Devonian
FlyerDave,  Have you actually done anything PlusNet have asked?

Many times and have carried out numerous test over the past two years.
On a more positive note, I have been doing some research as to whom I am going to use next. It will not be one of the bigger providers but a smaller (and local) less well known one that has already been very helpful and truthful. Unfortunately, it will still require the telephone services of BT. They provide services for business customers with guarantees of a certain level of performance. I am not naive about the promises companies make to get you on board, but they only require one months contract and do not ask for the telephone line rental to be included, so I will give them a go as soon as I get my MAC code.
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: flyerdave

1. This has been going on for over two years.
2. After this weeks performance with two Bt staff saying no fault exists and then being accused of it being my fault, then all of a sudden fault is cleared last night. Why does BT staff lie?

What on earth is wrong with you?
PLUSNET IS YOUR PROVIDER NOT BT.
BT can not, and will not help you with your PlusNet supplied product BECAUSE THEY ARE 2 SEPARATE COMPANIES albeit with the same daddy.
It's no wonder you have had problems for 2 years if you have been calling BT, if you crry on that way, you will be waiting another 2 years!
deathtrap
Grafter

1. This has been going on for over two years.
2. After this weeks performance with two Bt staff saying no fault exists and then being accused of it being my fault, then all of a sudden fault is cleared last night. Why does BT staff lie?
3. Plusnet is owned by BT - should there not have been communication between them before now as I am a customer of both BT and Plusnet.

So  your telephony provider is BT retail  they are only responsible for your voice service  So can only raise a PSTN Voice fault with BT openreach on your behalf , Their remote tests often don't flag up a fault if it's intermittent  or if it is only affecting the bb,  If there is a HR type fault on the line  fixing this would also likely also fix or improve the stability of the BB too,
BT Retail will not communicate with your ISP regardless of who owns them nor will they take on a broadband fault Because  the bb is not their responsibility  So unless you are having issues with your voice services ,you are wasting your time with bt retail
It's your ISP who are the only ones who can call out BT openreach , I'm not sure what remote tests that plusnet use , but there is one CIDT  that is run with the CPE connected  that is supposed to detect  high-resistance faults, The ISP then has detailed results if there is a fault , so Openreach charges are less likely
vwake

Hello,
I thought I will add my feedback to this rather than starting new one!.
My broadband developed fault after  recently moving house. Initially not connecting and after first visit by BT openreach slow speed of 0.19 mb. Apparently line was dropping and it took further 2 more BT OR visits over 3 weeks. The engineers were varied bunch,the last one was excellent, one did not seem too interested. Now I am getting above 5mb speed, and I would say it has worth waiting. I probably would have been tearing my hair out if it had not been resolved.
Anyway throughout this, plusnet have been excellent in their communication, regular updates and showing an interest in resolving the matter (with input from BT OR). I could talk to their fault team within 2 min of ringing them unlike other services where I might be on the phone pressing different buttons moving through queues.
I hope you will get some resolution with the internet.
Best wishes.
Vivek
flyerdave
Dabbler

Update
Speed to day has reached an amazing  2.6mb download and 033mb upload - i am really going at sonic speeds now!  Cheesy
Still no Mac code though.  Cry
ruaim

Perhaps calling the Customer Options team would get you your MAC code in hours?
I called earlier today and had a MAC in 3 hours.
Writing?  What Island do you live on?
flyerdave
Dabbler

Well, the time has come for me to say good bye to all you Plusnet folk as tomorrow, (hopefully) I move to another provider.
Just done a final speed test - download .9mb upload .26mb
Interesting that my speed has got lower and lower ever since I wrote in cancelling my contract.
Have looked at the speed of others in my area and they are not much better under Plusnet, with about download 2.6mb.
Sad really, as Plusnet was very good at first, over two years ago but have now gone downhill considerable.
Does BT want to get rid of their cheaper brand, as they don't seem to care very much?
Bye.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'flyerdave' - make sure you come back to this thread and post your new speedtest results with your new ISP.  Wink
Best of luck with that !  Smiley
picbits
Rising Star

You never know, he might get lucky and they'll patch him onto another part of his exchange or he is going with Virgin Media and put on a cable based system. He may even be paying the premium and moving to A&A in the hope they can sort out the issues.
It could genuinely have been a Plusnet issue - we may never know.
*Edit - @Flyerdave - who are you moving to out of curiosity ?
flyerdave
Dabbler

Final update.
Well, it has now been a few weeks since I posted my original post and so i thought that i would provide users with an update.
Please read all the other replies before you make a comment.
5 times I contacted BT and plusnet about my very poor level of service only to be told that it was my equipment at fault. So i purchased another router and plugged this into the master test socket as advised with no other equipment connected. Result - service actually got so bad that the connection would not stay alive. Final straw for me was when the BT guy from India said it was all my fault. (By the way the phone line and the actual phone we have is rented from BT). The download speed was 0.3mb. I moved to a local company idnet, hoping that they would get BT sorted out, but cannot recommend them either.
Two weeks ago i contacted Virgin Media and arranged for their service engineer to call last Thursday between 8am and 1 pm. Thursday came along and their engineer was there at 8am, by 8.30am I was up and running at a speed of 31mb download and about 4.5mb upload.
Ok i am paying much more but what a relief. At last I can just get on with life again.
If Virgin can do it why can't BT and Plusnet?
picbits
Rising Star

So have you gone with Virgin Media fibre (well it's cable actually) or are they using the existing BT phone system with an FTTC modem ?
If they have plugged a Virgin Media Modem / Router into a bit of coax cable (rather than telephone cable) then you are on a completely different system which isn't reliant on the phone line. This is something that Plusnet / BT / idNet / BE / Sky etc etc don't have access to as they still rely (mostly apart from FTTP) on the existing copper telephone line.
picbits
Rising Star

Oh and I may add that generally the Virgin Cable system is pretty reliable - the only issues I ever had was with their customer service and billing department. Things got so bad with them that I ended up contacting the CEO on his personal email address which got things pretty much sorted in the end Wink
Extreme measures but I had them threatening bailiffs etc for non payment while refusing to take any form of payment for the service I was using. I spent weeks going round in circles with them  Grin
This was around 7 or 8 years ago though but speaking to them again on my parents behalf for a fault issue a couple of years ago yielded a very similar experience.
Fingers crossed you've got a decent stable connection now though  Smiley
Devonian
Grafter

I bet he will still call BT when his cable goes wrong!!  Roll_eyes