Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

Sunnyside

Leaving Plusnet

We've only been with you a month.
But now it's time to go ...
Can you please inform us and the many others who might think likewise, what our rights are according to OFCOM?
The errors you have made with our account are too long, too many, too frequent and too boring to rant on about here. But justification is plentiful.
And what is the most frustrating about all of this? How singularly impossible it is to communicate with you, via telephone (we wait for hours sometimes), chatline (doesn't work), fault tickets (target 'resolution' time maybe 24 hrs but often you don't respond for days or weeks) or forum (let's see if this works?)
... your responses are tardy, unhelpful and don't resolve the issues.
We want our money back (we stupidly paid the telephone line up front for a year): what are OUR RIGHTS?
I believe OFCOM has now issued new legislation that unsatisfied customers can choose to leave within the first three months. Please confirm.
How many others feel the same way I wonder?
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rule.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Leaving Plusnet

@Sunnyside,
I've taken a look at your account and want to apologise for the aspects of the problems encountered of which we're responsible for.
Namely I can see straight away an error was made with the activation of your line with us which is something I'm going to feedback on internally. I can also see your fibre order was delayed.
I can see you've since responded to ticket 109917290 with some further questions relating to billing, I'll be answering those personally shortly.
Please bear in mind that OFCOM do not deal with individual consumer complaints, details on our complaints policy are shown here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtm
I'm aware that you've raised a complaint online, our customer relations team will be responding to that soon for you.
We want our money back (we stupidly paid the telephone line up front for a year): what are OUR RIGHTS?

Please bear in mind that the line rental saver offer is provided under it's own contract and isn't refundable. I understand you may have made your mind up but we'd like you to know we do care and we would like to try and turn things around as quickly as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sunnyside

Dear Adam
Thank you for your reply.
It must be obvious from the many complaints from hundreds of clients, that what irks people is the extreme difficulty they have in contacting and having consistent dialogue with someone at Plusnet.
Even in the reply you have posted, it is not evident how I can continue this dialogue with you to reach amicable resolution, other than this open forum. A bit nonsensical perhaps?
Please will you tell us how we are supposed to report faults and have this dialogue with the currently woefully inadequate systems you have in place?
We've now been without a phone for four days. It is likely not to be fixed until the middle of next week. We have a small child in the house, with no mobile reception ... what happens if she becomes ill?
Where on your website is it possible to REPORT and LOG a fault and get it dealt with speedily. It took two days just for us to register the problem as your CS staff said nothing could be done unless we could report it from the house. How were we supposed to do that with no mobile reception and no functioning fixed line? Please answer this question.
And then there is your 'ticket system' - in itself buried in the website and extremely difficult to find. And even when I post to your ticket system ... they can go unanswered for days or weeks. If you do not believe me look at the outstanding tickets for Sunnsideno3:
Question #109917290 - updates to the questions posted on 13th Sept. To date no replies.
Question #111475769 - updates to the questions posted on 24th Sept. To date no replies.
Question #111477639 - updates to the questions posted on 24th Sept. To date no replies.
Your 'Code of Practice' states 24 hours.
Best wishes

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately yet another all too frequent  catalog of errors by PN  Undecided 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Sunnyside

Dear Adam
As customer services suggested we have been in touch with BT. Although I'm not sure why it is up to us to phone them to come out when we pay for all our 'services' with you.
That aside, they say it is not their responsibility to come and repair the line. They refer us back to you. Loop.
So, day three and we are no closer to even diagnosing the problem or who is responsible: with both BT and PlusNet seemingly unable to agree about what needs to be done to reinstate the line.
Could you perhaps help, or are we to assume we are bound by the contract which began less than one month ago, to pay for a line that it seems will not be repaired by anyone?
Ludicrous ... just plain ludicrous.
And all this with a sick young child in the house and no mobile reception.
Macuser72

Just recently joined this forum. I sympathise with your experiences - and OF COURSE -  the wonderfully helpful 'Adam' had not replied, nor has anyone
I would love how skewed this survey that PN took that enables it to say "more satisfied customers than BT, Sky and Virgin" because that has got to be fantasy land!
There must be something in the Trades Description Act that should prevent them being able to say this. Also if everyone here with a Genuine grievance contacted
WHICH? and let them know the TRUE experiences of countless Plusnet customers, they might be protecting their own reputation. I saw a gentleman who made a
comment in this Forum about never trusting Which? again, but I would like to think their results were from a long time ago.
3 years ago Plusnet service really WAS great great! Admittedly you could only ever get to talk to someone after 11pm, but at least you could call then,
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Being a new member of the forum, you might not be aware that the "wonderfully helpful 'Adam'" nor anyother member of CRT work on Sundays.
I am sure someone will pick this up on Monday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hbb98
Dabbler

There seem to be some (2 or 3?) supernaturally mild and restrained Plusnet representatives here who respond in a reassuring way to customers who have had grotesque experiences: getting lines installed, or orders correctly placed, or catastrophic performance problems.
I sometimes wonder whether it is retribution for something they did in a former life, like genocide. If it were me, when I clocked off, I think I'd be straight down the off-licence, and drink myself into oblivion.  They probably know, but can't say, on pain of being fired, what is actually going on.

I hope that Plusnet are paying them enough to compensate for such work-incurred expenses.  From time to time, they it seems that are sometimes, rarely, actually able to get things moving for customers, if they throw themselves hard and long enough at the brick wall.
I squirm a little when customers, understandably but wrongly, blast them for their horrible experiences.  I doubt they are in any way to blame. It's the usual thing: front-line trench soldiers taking heat for the reptiles above them.  Lions led by donkeys.

Sunnyside

Dear Adam
As the previous post illustrated, I in no way blame you personally for the issues of gross incompetence in the current communication systems in Plusnet.
However,  I would a deadlock letter please as we will be complaining to the CISAS.
With today's date please.
Many thanks
Sunnysideno3
MrGrumpy
Dabbler

Hi, I've had terrible service. Two months on still waiting for fibre bb instal after 3 no shows by openreach. Things have gone from one disater to another, little positive progress. Complained & wanted to cancel & they have the cheek to tell me I will have to pay fees to cancel as plusnet have done everything they can & it's all open reaches fault. This is rubbish - I know it's openreaches fault but my legal contract I signed up was with plusnet. I've given them one last chance to sort things out but nobody seems bothered to respond. Rubbish service. Rang my old provider & got through in 5 mins to speak to a person. With Plusnet I've waited over an hour. Plusnet are awful & they don't care.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Macuser72
but I would like to think their results were from a long time ago.
3 years ago Plusnet service really WAS great great! Admittedly you could only ever get to talk to someone after 11pm, but at least you could call then,

Think I have to agree with you there.  When we joined Plusnet over 3 years ago to Plusnet fibre over from Sky we felt very pleased and looked after by the company and they really got to know us and personalize our services.  We left Plusnet in 2013 to BT and it was a horrible experience and not like Plusnet.  We switched back to Plusnet and service has been downgraded gradually.  Plusnet is now becoming more like its parent, BT.
Plusnet seems to be more interested in making money rather than making sure their customers are connected and getting a working service and happy with their services.  I remember getting a call once so often asking how my service is and if I had any questions for them or issues.
Plusnet has changed over the years but not as bad compared to the likes of TalkTalk and BT.
Also remember when forum staff used to joke along and be all that extra mile friendly and be ever so friendly over the phone - but seems to be so robotic these days  Tongue
Regards,
NE  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
triageuk

Good luck with getting your deadlock letter, I have beenwith them only 2 months and trying to complain for a month of that. Still awaiting a response to a deadlock letter. Apparently customer services are not allowed to send them. Only via the online complaints thing. Absolutely ludicrous.
DamBuilder
Grafter

I know an earlier response was that "OFCOM do not deal with individual consumer complaints" but I just spotted this on ispreview.
"Suffered a Difficult Broadband Cancellation? Ofcom Wants to Know"
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/10/suffered-a-difficult-broadband-cancellation-ofcom-wants...